• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ways to do angelic step? (Epic Video)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I never said that... Besides I labeled it as "my project". Why immediately assume the SBR has anything to do with my projects?

But anyway, most characters can utilize this. And since Pivot Sliding is an AT already discovered... I'm not I can personally take the name away from the person who initially found Pivot Sliding when I reveal what it is I'm creating.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, gosh, I'm so confused. I think we all need to combine the names of these ATs into specific categories. Forget who discovered it. It doesn't matter.This is getting out of hand... :/

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Biggest use of this move I've found so far. Besides the lulz of out maneuvering your opponent. This move can be used when you get shield knockback.

What i mean by that is lets say your opponent (who plays snake, yay...) happens to try to hit you w/ a forward tilt. So you shield it. But because of the multi hit you don't get a powershield, pushing you back out of range for a counter attack. However because kupo has found out that you can AS out of shield, You can now AS out of shield immediately after to follow with a counter attack. This proves very useful to me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Very nice! I added it to my favorites, and not only will it help me with having more mindgames, but it could confuse some opponents. Still waiting for my big project to take fold, and your good quality can help too.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Biggest use of this move I've found so far. Besides the lulz of out maneuvering your opponent. This move can be used when you get shield knockback.

What i mean by that is lets say your opponent (who plays snake, yay...) happens to try to hit you w/ a forward tilt. So you shield it. But because of the multi hit you don't get a powershield, pushing you back out of range for a counter attack. However because kupo has found out that you can AS out of shield, You can now AS out of shield immediately after to follow with a counter attack. This proves very useful to me.
Thats pretty cool, just be mindful that you don't get so caught up in the dancing that you get hit out of it :laugh: I will try this but atm, I really your other use for the shield we discussed last night. Maybe you should post that one.

Still waiting for my big project to take fold, and your good quality can help too.
You referring to me for help with uploading? Sure, if that is what you mean.

Sagemoon: Maybe you should edit my quote because I didn't know that this works with the WoI. So I am going to edit my post you quoted ^_^

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Wow...this is becoming useful almost beyond imagination. Coupled with Fthrow, Pit now has a chainthrow, and coupled with Wingdashing, Pit is one of the best approachers in the game.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea. its serves Pit really well. Keep in my that the AS is too slow for chains grabs, even the back throw. But if you may be able to pull off consecutive back throws as shown in the vid because you catch your foe by surprise with the mindgames of erratic movement ;)

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I guess if you were able to master performing consecutive Angel Steps at maximum speed, using it for chainthrows would be more practical. I've got a feeling that we've barely even scratched the surface of this thing's potential.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It appears that dashing is faster so Im still not entirely sure about the first half, but the second half heck yes! I can't wait to see this get developed and used to its potential! ^_^

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I don't really understand why you don't think it can be used for chainthrows, considering you chainthrew that CPU Mario in your video. I know he was standing still, but it was still a chainthrow.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Now you can chain throw with it, but I think the movement is too slow which means he will get away before you reach him. I would highly recommend dashing with the Fthrow. That is what I have been doing and it works but as I write this, you gave me a good idea! What if we use the AS to help with the chain throws! lol seriously you did give me a good idea.
Even though I don't recommend starting the chain throw with the AS, it could be good for continuing around where the other one stops or at the beginning for certain characters. Let me explain

If you see my matches against Ganon, I have missed a lot of my chaingrabs due to him side stepping because I think Ganon is one character who can get out of it even a 0% surprisingly. The only way to get him with that is if you catch him off guard, HOWEVER! You can use the slightly slower approach to this situation. If your opponent knows that you are going for the chain grab and they know they can get out of it with a spot dodge, then this slower approach will work. It will work because as they are dodging, you will be traveling and by the time you are ready to grab, it should be around the time where they are vulnerable to your grab no matter what.

This could work well for the same reason against those who can escape when the percent for chain grabbing is too high granted they spot dodge to avoid. The extra reach with the pivot grab will help also

Ryazan

Smash Ace
You can also use AS to to make chainthrowing a mindgame. AS for a couple throws, then if they distance themselves so the AS won't reach, dash in for another throw.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Arrow>AS>Arrow>AS>Arrow>AS = Great approach. lol

Anyway what this does do though is make it so you can advance almost as fast as a Dash without having to shield to cancel the dash. This makes it easy to F-Throw into a F-Smash.

Right now I'm trying to find a way to quickly turn around before doing it. A Pivot Grab comes to mind. And even an arrow. But I'm trying to find a way to be able to go backwards almost as fast as going forwards.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Cool, I like the approach idea. Is that better than doing running short hops? I will still do them but I just want to know your findings on that approach.
I look forward to see what you have cooked up with this ^_^

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I think it's better than running short hops because it's easier to land hits with the arrows this way. Plus it's a little faster.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Maybe, but the short hop has an adv over the space animals. It is still a neat approach to mix things up.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Use both for mindgames.

I swear, the hardest thing for Pit players is just remembering all the awesome things he can do in the thick of a battle.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So true. And just in case you are feeling this way, I'm not arguing at all with these threads lol, just curious ;)

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Our parents always told us not to argue with people, but if people didn't argue society and technology wouldn't develop and we'd all still be pooping in buckets and burning down our houses with our sources of illumination. Plus there would be no video games and therefore no Wii and no Brawl.

Top Bottom