• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New way to recover with Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, so, I was talking with Willmenz, a Falcon main, and he was trying Mario for a while. While we were talking, he was talking about a new way to recover, using Marios walljump.

What happens is, when your offstage and the character is edge hogging, "People think you're FORCED to use Up B" But he just tested that, a useful way to recover when launched upwards, is to do a Wall jump on the ledge since the ledge becomes a Wall when someone grabs it. He said so far hes tested it On FD,BF, and Smashville, and that it doesent work on smash ville.I was wondering if anyone knew about this? Or atleast stated it as a way to recover with Mario?

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i knew i wasn't the only one who did this when too far off the edge i would cape then jump,wall jump(this is on final d) then bair or uair while the opponent is on the edge and i still hav an up-b.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Wait... so Vato, you're telling me.. Mario can jump off.. WALLS?!?!?

OMG think of the theoretical possibilities!! If there was an infinite length of walls in parallel with another infinite wall, Mario could do a repetitive amount of wall jumps endlessly. AND this isn't just restricted to recovering!! All Mario mains must master this, and it will give an exponential growth in Mario's placing within tournaments.

Cause think about it, Metaknight, arguably the best in the game, ONLY has 5 jumps, while we have INFINITE. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure infinite is a whole lot bigger than 5.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
Good fan. i didnt think about trying that. it didnt really occur to me when i was struggling to recover when their hoggin. another point id like to mention (probably known by other marios) is that even though only the first cape gives some momentum and stall, using it again isnt a bad idea. if it wont drop you out of up B range it can give you an extra second to let their invis wear off. Im pretty sure mario is the super counter to all other players. I liked him and tried him for a bit, but unfortunatly he was hard to handle for me. Smash64 picked him up though recently and i decided to try him out again. Against every player there is at least 1 or 2 moves that will dominate. He can generally counter all enemys better moves. And that cape is the most broken move in the game. hands down.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Good fan. i didnt think about trying that. it didnt really occur to me when i was struggling to recover when their hoggin. another point id like to mention (probably known by other marios) is that even though only the first cape gives some momentum and stall, using it again isnt a bad idea. if it wont drop you out of up B range it can give you an extra second to let their invis wear off. Im pretty sure mario is the super counter to all other players. I liked him and tried him for a bit, but unfortunatly he was hard to handle for me. Smash64 picked him up though recently and i decided to try him out again. Against every player there is at least 1 or 2 moves that will dominate. He can generally counter all enemys better moves. And that cape is the most broken move in the game. hands down.
Yeah I know about Stalling the invinicibility frames. Btw this is for when you're launched upwards.If they are hogging the ledge when your falling from the upward stage boundrey, you may make it when they are hogging the ledge, but your landing frames for your up B will probably leave you vulnerable enough for a aireal when the opponent jumps from the edge back to the stage.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
i knew mario could wall jump ...but as a recovery? whoa!!!!! too good =D
Oh yeah.... I just remembered. How come no one tries to wall jump recovery when they are launched down wards from the stage and while they still have 1 jump left jump to the wall of the stage then use Up B? I haven't seen anyone do it. Anyways...Ive done it. It helps alot. So far ive never done this ledge wall jump in a real battle though...but ive done the other one in a real match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom