• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New vids - we all need help! '-_-

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman

a friend recently pointed out to me that our crew hadn't put out any new vids for quite a while, so we got together and filmed some matches. Not steller stuff, not all of us, just a few matches we scrounged up one afternoon this week. Obviously, we could use some advice...
I'll have the rest of them up by the end of the weekend most likely, including some Fox Dittos, my attempt at piloting a Sheik/Zelda hybrid that makes use of both about evenly throughout the match, some Pichu love, and my boozer :bowser: !! Rawr! Anyway...here are the links so far.

Amber (Peach) vs. Lucas (Fox)
Notes on the set: All of these matches were the same characters. i really need to learn to react in time to DI the uthrow -> uair. That's what kept these close.

Match 1 I had a slow start, but it picks up.

Match 2 The only really large margin of victory in the set

Match 3

Match 4 Looking at this match, I'd ask what I was smoking here. I played like garbage compared to my semi-garbage peach of norm, leading to absolute garbage '-_- *sighs*

Match 5 Clinches the set.

Sol (Jigglypuff) vs. Ballin (Luigi)
Notes on set: all matches same characters

Match 1

Match 2 Considerering the number of rollouts in this fight, I'd have to say Sol was probably messing around more than not here. Still a good fight though.

MuseLives vs. Golden_Leeroy

Marth vs. Roy 1 Muse's first fight in a while...

Marth vs. Roy 2 More entertaining than the first in the long run. That's just my opinion though.

Marth vs. Roy 3 OMFG, IS THAT A COMBO I SAW? lol, Muse can't combo >_>. anyway, good fight by Roy keeps it close.

Marth vs. Samus Muse looks clueless against Samus. he slows down, spams fsmash, is easily shieldgrabbed, and in the overall too impatient. Not just against his Marth either :psycho: Samus is a Muse counter. If you ever play him in a tournament, pick samus and you win ;)

Amber (Fox) vs. Lucas (Fox)
Notes: Two things keep this close... 1) I hate ditto matches of any kind, they make me play oddly. 2) My inability in DIing the uthrow -> uair makes these very close.

-No links for this set yet-

Amber (Bowser) vs. Golden_Leeroy
Notes: Rawr!

Tony (Pichu) vs. ?????
Notes: forgot who it was on the tape '-_-

Amber (Sheik/Zelda) vs. ?????
Notes: forgot who it was on the tape '-_-

Stay tuned, and comment away!

Edit - Some links might not be working if you check this near the time of this post, because they literally JUST got on youtube...

Mareg

Smash Rookie
i am very much a noob but when you overlay your own music onto a video that already has music playing in it it's very annoying. just had to say it.

i wish you luck in trying to improve.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
it is once again clarified that i do indeed suck with quite a large amount of supporting video evidence! Still fun though.

doyoung2win: I'm around like all the time. PM me if you want to play a few matches sometime. i could use a lot of first-hand help from better people.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
good playing with muse and ballin i think, (sean and ryan) anyway, how did you come up with the name "sol" by the way. There is a talented fox player in this region by the name of Sol.

mog87

Smash Ace
good playing with muse and ballin i think, (sean and ryan) anyway, how did you come up with the name "sol" by the way. There is a talented fox player in this region by the name of Sol.
guilty gear..sol badguy that or he likes the sun alot.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
I don't know how he came up with the name myself, he just chose it the first time we played and kept it. The Sol that plays fox beat me up pretty good at smashtality 2, heh.

Matches were fun today though, doyoung2win, we'll have to have some more sometime. hopefully I can bring some better game next time and you can meet the better people in our crew (as in, the two *substantially in my opinion* better than me and ryan)

and while I'm posting.....anybody have advice for my crappy marth? i need help :(

darkatma

Smash Hero
What you need is some self confidence lol.
Only had time to watch 1 match so far, ill look at some more later.

I liked the peach vs fox one on yoshi story. (since i play peach i'll talk about peach :p)
Guess I'll do what Ares does for my sheik :p

CC downsmash at 0:09 was standard for peach. lucky he crouch canceled. you pulled a turnip after, timed it so that you had perfect space to dash attack into another nair. you should have dash attacked instead of fsmash

Good CC dtilt to nair right after, however, next time, after grabbing a turnip, try jumping and throwing it, then float canceling into a fair. It works wonders :p I notice you ground float a lot, sometimes just do a standard short or full hopped bair, they work for opponents recovering high, and you have enough time to float or DJC into another bair if they come low.

Stitchface was awesomeness, though bad DI on your opponent's part, he tried to roll back or something, because he shouldnt have died at 70% :p oh well everyone makes mistakes

As for returning from the ledge- peach has more than two options. instead of rolling or just standard get-up, you can actually use your double jump and go around in a loop, attacking or airdodging back onto the stage.

at 1:18 DONT pull a turnip that close to fox, especially at such high perfects, that a free upsmash for the fox

the spacing at 1:30 is what i really like, that's a perfectly spaced bair.
generally dont use fsmash to edgeguard though, it usually pops them back onto the stage. go in with a bair or nair

Last stock kill was awesomeness, since your opponent didnt expect you to do that second bair. good stuff.

overall: Try improving your speed a little, wavedash and dashdance a little more, and float cancel more often. Keep up the good spacing and you'll do just great. Also try implementing a bit of dair

Here's what my friend's peach looks like, i think you can benefit a little from it :p
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5649018162584482509&hl=en

oh that reminds me, try the nair out of shield, it works wonders against dash attacking foxes.

Good luck! (this is not a bump :p)

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
(this is not a bump :p)
No, it's not a bump :) that was a very informative post, thanks darkatma.

The reason I'm requesting people let the thread die out is because like half the sets I had initially intended to upload for it have been, and still are, nowhere near the point of being up for viewing.

To respond to your advice: I will say that I usually play peach with a more upbeat, demanding tempo than what's in these vids, but uthrow->uair was eating me alive because I couldn't react fast enough. So, I figured if I slowed it down a bit I'd see the grab coming a little better, and hence get results with DI (which worked out for the most part). I usually abuse the WD a lot more for spacing purposes, people have always told me every time vids of me get out that my spacing is nice. I really don't typically use fsmash that much, I dunno what happened there.

Also...

after grabbing a turnip, try jumping and throwing it, then float canceling into a fair
I usually spam this technique to hell, lol. I'll look through some older vids and put up a link to a fight where I do it a lot.

hehe, the double stitchface thing was just some clever techchasing ;)

Top Bottom