• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Recess

Smash Rookie
If this is fake then it's whatever lol but if this is real.. BOWSER JR MAINS...ASSEMBLLEE

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman

Here's the All Star Mode picture I was talking about. Looks like there's a lock there which might mean the mode is locked... Or Pac-Man is locked?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Nice roster. Except for Dr. Mario. He could have been an Alt. I mean, I'm not unhappy he's in the game, I just think a certain Psychic Mass-Murderer would've been a better choice. Seriously, why would they include Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo. I absolutely love Mewtwo. Best character in Smash, if you ask me. Mewtwo is loved far more by fans than Dr. Mario. Regardless, I love Dr. Mario and think he was a fantastic addition to the roster, but my opinion about Mewtwo being far better still holds place. Looking forward to playing as Doc. Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car is a great idea to make him original, even though it does look a little off at first. I like him. But I hope to God, he better not have the Koopalings as Alts. Different characters as Alts. is an idea I abhor. It's just a terrible idea, in all cases, in my opinion. If it's a different character, then they are different enough to have their own slot. Dark Pit could've had a palette swap based on him. My opinion on him is similar to Dr. Mario. Shulk is "eh" for me. I'm completley neutral on him. If this confirms the 4Chan leak, then Duck Hunt Dog is a great idea for a retro character, glad to see ROB coming back, and disappointed in the removal of Ice Climbers and every other poor soul, ESPECIALLY MEWTWO. Good luck on DLC for every single character left behind, ESPECIALLY MEWTWO. Lastly, disappointed that Ganondorf's moveset is the same.
Relax, I don't know why all the Mewtwo/Ridley fans are getting so disappointed immediately, if anything I think this leak being legit nearly confirms their presence as playable characters I for one am extremely looking forward to them being revealed (along with Dixie Kong, Impa and Mach Rider)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Are there any other places to find the video? The original and the alternate have been taken down and I can't find it.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Dude, are you joking?! The Villager? Palutena? Little Mac? Pacman? Freakin' MEGAMAN?!

You don't like roster? Buy a different game. Simple as that.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr's goofy ass clown car is probably the best thing I've seen in a while.

And are there still people even having doubts at this point? Just, really?

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Relax, I don't know why all the Mewtwo/Ridley fans are getting so disappointed immediately, if anything I think this leak being legit nearly confirms their presence as playable characters I for one am extremely looking forward to them being revealed (along with Dixie Kong, Impa and Mach Rider)
Don't be so sure about that. addition content and online interactions are not rated by the ESRB there for that is not at all confirmed legit. Which is why they aren't on the screen.

"Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to a previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned to the DLC."

Zurf

Smash Cadet
Let me get this straight...

Shulk, Bowser Jr, Pitto confirmed as newcomers? The video was taken down so I didn't get a chance to see it.

Did I miss anything else?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Let me get this straight...

Shulk, Bowser Jr, Pitto confirmed as newcomers? The video was taken down so I didn't get a chance to see it.

Did I miss anything else?
Ganondorf is back with the same moveset.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Im still not convinced. I only believe the things im gonna see at my own screen when i bought the game.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sheesh, the way many of these comments read, it almost sounds like I'm the only person left actually still wanting the game!

A couple of points I'd like to reply to, but aren't worth quoting because a dozen people have talked about it...

On Nintendo removing the videos: They should do this even if the leak is fake. Many people believe it and are getting in a tizzy over it. Whether it's true or not, it's bad PR. Taking the videos down does not confirm the leak.

On Dr. Mario being Mario twice: Samus is ZSS, Link is Toon Link (kinda... let's not get into the whole LoZ canon argument over it), Lucina is Marth (kinda... again, canon stuff). Besides, Dr. Mario shouldn't have Fludd. If he has the spin from Melee, I will continue to choose him over Mario every day.

On Dr. Mario "replacing" Mewtwo: First off, they didn't just copy/paste Dr. Mario into Smash 4 from Melee. They had to re-develop him, and since he probably behaves a lot like Mario, it's more likely Smash 4 Mario's source code is where they got his from. Second, implementing Mewtwo is not just about his moves - more important than that is overall game balance. Adding another set of drastically different move variables makes the entire game much more complicated to balance, while adding a clone with very similar moves has little impact. Believe me, given a choice I'd take Mewtwo over Dr. M any day, but there's a very logical reason for Dr. M being here first (and M2 isn't deconfirmed yet!)

On the trophy buttshots: I highly, highly doubt the leak came from ESRB. Many have pointed out a ton of reasons why this wouldn't happen. The gameplay montage demo reel does seem like ESRB material, but how do you explain all these new screenshots we keep getting? Gratuitous panty and cleavage shots are not something that would be sent to the ESRB, or taken in any professional manner whatsoever. Assuming all of the facts given to us are true, the only way this combination of evidence can exist is if the leak came from the guy responsible for compiling the ESRB video and delivering it to them, who is also a huge pervert. Personally, I still believe the 'ESRB0083' thing to be a ruse, but that's my take on it.

Last edited:

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
My favorite thing about these supported leaks (gematsu & 4chan) is that it puts Sakurai in a hard place and I love seeing him carefully plan out a response. Its like watching your favorite super hero beat the bad guy!

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Here's still hoping for more surprises in Smash 4 without any more illegal leaks.
What makes this leak illegal? Were you there when this person signed a non-disclosure agreement? This might be unauthorized but you're making it sound criminal. If you want to blame someone then blame the US Senate for pressuring the industry into creating a lame ratings board it didn't need. Because none of these leaks would've happened if Nintendo wasn't compelled to submit their games for review to the ESRB. So go write a letter to your local senator.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Don't be so sure about that. addition content and online interactions are not rated by the ESRB there for that is not at all confirmed legit. Which is why they aren't on the screen.

"Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to a previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned to the DLC."
I don't think they'll be DLC I'm guessing they are in the game and aren't unlocked yet as the leaker stated when he specifically mentioned those characters

http://imgur.com/92NOfCW

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'll be DLC I'm guessing they are in the game and aren't unlocked yet as the leaker stated when he specifically mentioned those characters

http://imgur.com/92NOfCW
Hey, I have no problem with this but he has been doing good to show proof of everything else ill wait to see those characters before I agree with that.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Nintendo should have just announced the newcomers before they sent anything out.They really messed this up themselves. It's like nintendo knows the internet exists one day and then the next day they don't. Leaks were bound to happen though. The games out in like 19 days, review copies will be sent out soon in japan and people get games early before release dates.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
The leaker apparently said
-Ridley
-Dixie
-Mewtwo
-Impa
-Mach rider
-and Chorus Kids
are the actual 6 characters left. Not the DLC characters. That is said to be fake.
Where he said that? Do you have a link or something?

Because if these characters are in, I can forgive Sakurai for cutting Wolf.

voed

Smash Rookie
Hopefully Bowser Jr can turn into Shadow Mario like he did in Super Mario Sunshine. It's a possiblity because Mario does have F.L.U.D.D, yet Jr. flies on a koopa kart..

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
What makes this leak illegal? Were you there when this person signed a non-disclosure agreement? This might be unauthorized but you're making it sound criminal. If you want to blame someone then blame the US Senate for pressuring the industry into creating a lame ratings board it didn't need. Because none of these leaks would've happened if Nintendo wasn't compelled to submit their games for review to the ESRB. So go write a letter to your local senator.
Dude, Nintendo takes this kind of stuff very seriously. So in this regard, it can be viewed as illegal. Yeah, ESRB is full of crap, we all know, but first of all, how do you know it was ESRB (it has not been officially verified besides the ESRB#), and secondly, even if it was, Nintendo has no choice but to have their games rated by this company... what else are they supposed to do?

Finally, what makes you think there wasn't a nondisclosure agreement? Like I said, Nintendo takes their games seriously and this is no exception.

Edit: To further my point, Nintendo has flagged every leaked video on Youtube for copyright infringement.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Now that I think about it, what gets me the most is the fact that Sakurai DID say that we were reaching the bottom of the barrel with the characters. It's either he was trolling, the leak is fake (which looks more legit by the minute) or we just simply are getting 9 more newcomers with a whopping 20 new characters total.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Sheesh, the way many of these comments read, it almost sounds like I'm the only person left actually still wanting the game!

A couple of points I'd like to reply to, but aren't worth quoting because a dozen people have talked about it...

On Nintendo removing the videos: They should do this even if the leak is fake. Many people believe it and are getting in a tizzy over it. Whether it's true or not, it's bad PR. Taking the videos down does not confirm the leak.

On Dr. Mario being Mario twice: Samus is ZSS, Link is Toon Link (kinda... let's not get into the whole LoZ canon argument over it), Lucina is Marth (kinda... again, canon stuff. Besides, Dr. Mario shouldn't have Fludd. If he has the spin from Melee, I will continue to choose him over Mario every day.

On Dr. Mario "replacing" Mewtwo: First off, they didn't just copy/paste Dr. Mario into Smash 4 from Melee. They had to re-develop him, and since he probably behaves a lot like Mario, it's more likely Smash 4 Mario's source code is where they got his from. Second, implementing Mewtwo is not just about his moves - more important than that is overall game balance. Adding another set of drastically different move variables makes the entire game much more complicated to balance, while adding a clone with very similar moves has little impact. Believe me, given a choice I'd take Mewtwo over Dr. M any day, but there's a very logical reason for Dr. M being here first (and M2 isn't deconfirmed yet!)

On the trophy buttshots: I highly, highly doubt the leak came from ESRB. Many have pointed out a ton of reasons why this wouldn't happen. The gameplay montage demo reel does seem like ESRB material, but how do you explain all these new screenshots we keep getting? Gratuitous panty and cleavage shots are not something that would be sent to the ESRB, or taken in any professional manner whatsoever. Assuming all of the facts given to us are true, the only way this combination of evidence can exist is if the leak came from the guy responsible for compiling the ESRB video and delivering it to them, who is also a huge pervert. Personally, I still believe the 'ESRB0083' thing to be a ruse, but that's my take on it.
Link and Toon Link only really share a name and clothes/gear. They know completely different people and lived mostly different lives. Lucina isn't Marth, only looks like him. And yes, I acknowledged the fact that you said kinda for both but you still said "Link is Toon Link" and "Lucina is Marth".

As for the ESRB stuff, TheJWittz uploaded a video recently about this leak stuff and he mentioned the pictures and said that because of what the women are wearing it might have to be shown to the ESRB for them to rate.

Not really disagreeing with you (aside from the Link/Tink/Lucina/Marth thing but you did say kinda =P) but it is something to think about.

Mattrack10

Smash Rookie
Guys I'm pretty sure this is real, and normally I am very skeptical about about smash bros leaks. I am sure now more than ever that this is true. Just look at the original leakers youtube page. IT HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO COPYRIGHT FROM THE BIG N ITS SELF. I am fully convinced this is real. If you want proof just look at his smash leaks playlists and try to load them.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Freaking hell this roster is disapointing. So many stupid choices you would think they blind folded Sakurai and make him throw darts at pictures of characters that would be in Smash 4. Gee good shot sir! you got.. ummm.... hmmm... that demented dog thing... ****.

Sakurai's all like NO CLONES THIS TIME! Adds Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr Mario, doesnt change Ganondorf or Toon link BUT LETS GET RID OF WOLF/LUCAS Their waaaaaay to clone-ish compared to Doc Lucina or Dark Pit i mean its not like their A moves and Grabs are compelely different. Oh you guys want Mewtwo? NA heres doc everyone wanted him from melee right? Cant wait for the pichu reveal... BTW dont tell me Dark Pit and Doc are not gonna be clones if Lucina is a full on clone and doc and dark pit are beside her in the roster obvious their gonna be clones too and if the smash team cant even change characters like Toon Link and Ganondorf with lots of new moveset potential what makes you think their gonna change characters with 0 moveset potential

Anyone who says well they dont have room for them, so basically a bunch of nintendo and namco reps came into a room together and gave priority to ****ing dark pit a one time enemy in one damn Kid Icarus game over the famous star fox rival and protagonist of the 3rd mother game even tho they were both brawl vets and we already got Palutena.. YEAH THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! for a brain dead ****.

Also everyones all like gee i hope we get a new zelda dk and metroid character. Well fret not kids heres over 9000 Mario reps because Its not like Ridley and KIng K Rool were among the top 5 most wanted characters right and Sakurai wanted complete diversity in his roster even Shulk is looking like a boring ass sword character and Bowser Jr stays in his stupid clown cart that should of just been an Up B.

Also cutting ice climbers? I mean im no fan of them but they were a god damn super unique melee rep and they some how got cut?

I really really hope only the video part of the leak is true (cuz that is 100% true already) even tho Shulk and Ganondorf look boring as drywall and Bowser Jr looks pretty stupid in the clown car. Shulk was obs joining the battle so that was really no suprise. i really hope we somehow can get King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Zelda rep (Vaati or Impa), Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas and deconfirm Duck hunt dog and Dark pit. They can keep doc only if he doesnt take anyones slot cuz he was pretty fun in melee.

IMO The pics of the classic modes, trophys, character customization, online ect IS ALL TRUE All the videos are true too

BUT the stage screen and DLC is fake the roster screen could be fake too idk if so that still leaves chances for other character.. hopefully

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Whether the leak is real or not I'm still excited about getting my hands on Smash 4.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Nintendo should have just announced the newcomers before they sent anything out.They really messed this up themselves. It's like nintendo knows the internet exists one day and then the next day they don't. Leaks were bound to happen though. The games out in like 19 days, review copies will be sent out soon in japan and people get games early before release dates.
I agree. The game comes out in a bit more than 2 weeks in Japan. I can't even feel bad for Sakurai because he, along with everyone else, knew that this game would be leaked before its release date. He should have released all the newcomer vids weeks ago imo.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Bowser Jr.'s recovery. Look at it. It's almost as good as Pikachu's! It's like a fully charged Diddy Kong recovery, but you don't even have to charge it up!

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I don't understand how this roster is bad, let me remind you people the newcomers we are getting if this leak is true...

MEGAMAN
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
ROSALINA&LUMA
LITTLE MAC
Greninja
PALUTENA
PACMAN
Miis
ROBIN
LUCINA
BOWER JR
SHULK
Duck Hunt
Dark Pit
DIXIE KONG
IMPA
RIDLEY
March Rider
Chorus kids.

The ones I've capped are pretty much everyone and their mother's wish list of newcomers but yet it's disappointing because we got Dr.Mario and Dark Pit, still giving the roster over 50 characters... I don't get the denial...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I didn't believe the leak at first, but now I'm thinking it's real.

I'm still crossing my fingers that it's fake though. I'm not a fan of that roster.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Freaking hell this roster is disapointing. So many stupid choices you would think they blind folded Sakurai and make him throw darts at pictures of characters that would be in Smash 4. Gee good shot sir! you got.. ummm.... hmmm... that demented dog thing... ****.

Sakurai's all like NO CLONES THIS TIME! Adds Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr Mario, doesnt change Ganondorf or Toon link BUT LETS GET RID OF WOLF/LUCAS Their waaaaaay to clone-ish compared to Doc Lucina or Dark Pit i mean its not like their A moves and Grabs are compelely different. Oh you guys want Mewtwo? NA heres doc everyone wanted him from melee right? Cant wait for the pichu reveal... BTW dont tell me Dark Pit and Doc are not gonna be clones if Lucina is a full on clone and doc and dark pit are beside her in the roster obvious their gonna be clones too and if the smash team cant even change characters like Toon Link and Ganondorf with lots of new moveset potential what makes you think their gonna change characters with 0 moveset potential

Anyone who says well they dont have room for them, so basically a bunch of nintendo and namco reps came into a room together and gave priority to ****ing dark pit a one time enemy in one damn Kid Icarus game over the famous star fox rival and protagonist of the 3rd mother game even tho they were both brawl vets and we already got Palutena.. YEAH THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! for a brain dead ****.

Also everyones all like gee i hope we get a new zelda dk and metroid character. Well fret not kids heres over 9000 Mario reps because Its not like Ridley and KIng K Rool were among the top 5 most wanted characters right and Sakurai wanted complete diversity in his roster even Shulk is looking like a boring *** sword character and Bowser Jr stays in his stupid clown cart that should of just been an Up B.

Also cutting ice climbers? I mean im no fan of them but they were a god damn super unique melee rep and they some how got cut?

I really really hope only the video part of the leak is true (cuz that is 100% true already) even tho Shulk and Ganondorf look boring as drywall and Bowser Jr looks pretty stupid in the clown car. Shulk was obs joining the battle so that was really no suprise. i really hope we somehow can get King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Zelda rep (Vaati or Impa), Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas and deconfirm Duck hunt dog and Dark pit. They can keep doc only if he doesnt take anyones slot cuz he was pretty fun in melee.

IMO The pics of the classic modes, trophys, character customization, online ect IS ALL TRUE All the videos are true too

BUT the stage screen and DLC is fake the roster screen could be fake too idk if so that still leaves chances for other character.. hopefully
Yeah, I'm really hoping that the only real things are the videos. If they aren't, imo this roster really would be the most disappointing one in the series.

Top Bottom