• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW VIDEO Cereal Rabbit Getting ***** 1.26.08

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
1.26.08:kirby:

I think I'm definitly getting better!
Big Mouth, Envy, got ***** by my Kirby, but D4dy still ***** me. I seem to of have improved a lot in singles, but when it comes to doubles, I'm just a beginner. It just frustrates me, my Kirby isn't as helpful with me in doubles as my high tier characters are in doubles. I really do need help with doubles

Recent Things
Feburary 2, 2008 is a tournament in Fresno, so hopefully I can make it....
REAPER!!!! COME PLEEEEASE!!!!!!

Videos

[NEW]Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs D4DY (Falcon) - In this match he totally ***** me, HOOORAY!!!!

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs 3P's (Ganon)

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs 3P's (Roy)

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs iPOW (Ice Climbers)

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs iPOW (Sheik)

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs iPOW (Sheik) (Same Match, Just With Commenting)

Gea

Smash Master
Come to Fullerton and we'll record some matches. It is only about a four hour drive.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Not sure about that, because I'm lacking age..... just turned 14 a few months ago. Not sure if my mom would let me go. Maybe if I had a ride I might.

Anything to say about my Kirby? I know I still have room to improve.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
everyone has room to improve. very impressive kirby. you seem to use tilts and jabs very well ,but too often. if you had a few more d-smashes rather than d-tilts you might have taken out roy faster.
all in all nice kirby. keep practicing and keep up the good work!

Gea

Smash Master
Not sure about that, because I'm lacking age..... just turned 14 a few months ago. Not sure if my mom would let me go. Maybe if I had a ride I might.

Anything to say about my Kirby? I know I still have room to improve.
Yeah I realized it after I posted. And I'll be gone in two weeks. :(

Okay, it is hard to tell you anything because you are solid and your opponents are not so much... but... there were times you turned around and ftilted instead of just utilt spamming his shield, and your edgeguarding could have been a but more agressive. No hammer? Other than that... nothing I could see besides lack of smashes at times.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
everyone has room to improve. very impressive kirby. you seem to use tilts and jabs very well ,but too often. if you had a few more d-smashes rather than d-tilts you might have taken out roy faster.
all in all nice kirby. keep practicing and keep up the good work!
Down tilt has range that out ranges most other character's short ranged attacks. It also has the ability to link up to escaping or retreating final cutters. Down smash doesn't have killing abilities like the forward tilt. Though it may have more knock back, you can forward tilt and then just do an edge game. Down smashes are easily punished if missed and it has a little less range.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
they are nice if you duck under a grab and the knockback is better at the tip toes. d-tilt is usefull no doubt but d-smash has its situations and is quick. also has awesome killing abilitys on chars w/ crappy recovery(i.e. falco, doc, roy.
vs roy however, if you use it on him he will either get hit or wont be able to really punish thanks to crappy range.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
they are nice if you duck under a grab and the knockback is better at the tip toes. d-tilt is usefull no doubt but d-smash has its situations and is quick.
vs roy however, if you use it on him he will either get hit or wont be able to really punish thanks to crappy range.
"NOW THAT'S SOME GOOD DISCUSSION" LOL!!!

Yeah, I just have to realize he has a sword. I should try some more d-smashes, but I should replace them with down tilt. I love down tilts lol. They make up about a third of my Kirby.

I'm also aware that I need some more distancing and hammer approaches.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
"NOW THAT'S SOME GOOD DISCUSSION" LOL!!!

Yeah, I just have to realize he has a sword. I should try some more d-smashes, but I should replace them with down tilt. I love down tilts lol. They make up about a third of my Kirby.

I'm also aware that I need some more distancing and hammer approaches.
thats awesome discussion.

you dont really need hammer approaches but air hammer can set up for nice u-tilt combos and such.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I want to say...........Moar bair. Also, try not to WD when tech chasing, theres a little bit of lag that your opponent can take advantage of, just go for a dash -> JC grab. Also, at slightly higher damages, try to DI chase, watch the direction your opponent DI's and just start chasing that way, you can usually tech chase->dsmash/usmash. Also, utilt, you need more of them, they're really the only comboable attack kirby has, and it alway feels good to get a utilt->utilt->uair combo XD. Other than that you have a very solid Kirby just keep working at it and soon you'll have a GRRRRRRRREAT Kirby.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm still having trouble speeding up my Kirby. I'm mediocre at platforms as of now and really need to work on JCing my grabs.

Any help on those? Especially speeding up my Kirby... D:

YOU NEED MORE VIDEOS, PINKIE D:

EDIT:
psykoplympton said:
you dont really need hammer approaches but air hammer can set up for nice u-tilt combos and such.
Yeah I don't. I've been playing against 3P's with Kirby so long, he's become a CC spammer.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
There's not really a lot of ways to speed up Kirby, its really all about prediction. If you cant be fast enough to chase after your opponent, you have to just be where he's going before him. A brief description: You dthrow your opponent and your relatively close to the ledge. A basic reaction from your opponent will be to stay away from the ledge so they will more than likely tech away from it. In this case you shouldn't even think about which way to go, you should just be there, start dashing ASAP. Granted this is just a basic tactic and as your opponent learns your game a little better they will more than likely start to switch it up but its something to useful to learn and it will help.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
There's not really a lot of ways to speed up Kirby, its really all about prediction. If you cant be fast enough to chase after your opponent, you have to just be where he's going before him. A brief description: You dthrow your opponent and your relatively close to the ledge. A basic reaction from your opponent will be to stay away from the ledge so they will more than likely tech away from it. In this case you shouldn't even think about which way to go, you should just be there, start dashing ASAP. Granted this is just a basic tactic and as your opponent learns your game a little better they will more than likely start to switch it up but its something to useful to learn and it will help.
I was actually thinking of there being 2 different levels of speed. Where you have the camping speed and the aggressive speed. I'm just going to point this out in wierd ways, but Timmy playing competetivly moves a lot faster in friendlys. I see a lot of wavedashes and running. In Timmy's money match with Tommy, that speed was the fastest Kirby I've ever seen (My eyes nearly blew up). Watching my videos, I see a slower Kirby with too many mistakes. Yeah, I just need to get better opponents or train the bad ones. Playing with these slower players just influenced me to slow to battle with them effectively...

WHAT AM I SAYING! I'm just talking really confusing things to myself again...
Time to go practicing wavedash :D

EDIT: Well I just went to go rewatch the Timmy/Tommy Money Match (Because it's so Epic!!!!). My Kirby is pretty fast for an average Kirby, but not really really fast. >_>

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
dont be so hard on yourself. even great players like pc chris make mistakes(no offense pc). its only natural

D

Deleted member

Wow, nice job mate. Im not very good with kirby, but ill give u what advice i can.Firstly, your land based approaches were predictable. U pretty much always walked up to him and dtilted, or spotdodged. Work on mixing up ground approaches, i dunno, WD back or something, DD, im not too sure how kirby can approach :p Very solid kirby, i love those tech chases. Ur main problem was: NOT ENOUGH KIRBYSIDES! Lol.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
lol.

Kirbycides are VERY FUN. Only problem is, 3P's gets really mad if I do.....

One time I ***** him (like always yay) with only Kirbycides, so he got mad and I didn't play Smash with him for a while.

I'm good at Kirbycides, but t!mMy's the pro.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
lol, if you want to be really mean you can use my favorite edge guard. When your opponents on his last stock and you get him off the ledge, dont edge guard, just stay on the ledge until he gets close and then............................................................LEDGE HOPPED REVERSE SWALLOCIDE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I finally have time to put up another update.

Update Of December 3, 2007

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
NEW VIDEO~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cereal Rabbit (Kirby) vs iPOW(Ice Climbers)

Little Comments
I'm actually satisfied with my Kirby now. I was practicing for a full 0 hours straight and somehow I've gotten better. Jungle Japes seems to be the stage of my love now. Hmm, I guess Kirby does love Donkey Kong stages.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
either my computer is really ******** or that link isnt working >.<

Edit: TOO MUCH FINAL CUTTER.........that is all

Edit2: Ok that wasnt all, try not to approach with dair so much, its very punishable, go for bair approaches.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Fixed the broken link. I messed up on some coding...

EDIT: Final Cutter is good if it isn't abused...

EDIT EDIT: Now that I think about it, yeah.... XD

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Edit2: Ok that wasnt all, try not to approach with dair so much, its very punishable, go for bair approaches.
Only problems is that Bair approaches have little anterior reach. I use Dair because it's linked up to a grab or tilt. It also stuns shields crazier (as in longer) than most other attacks. Fairs would be good too though.

Maybe new videos on Saturday when I go over to a friend's house.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
If you want to be really sexy you'll approach with Uairs XD. They're ridiculously difficult to approach with because of the short attack duration, but you feel really special when you get them.

As for the Dair approach, if your opponent has any experiance against a kirby he will more than likely be able to easily avoid it and shield grab. The Dair is a lot more useful as a punisher as it combos easily into an Ftilt. As for the Bair approaches, try a Full Hopped double Bair, its a bit more difficult to punish and if shielded you can shield punish with Utilts. Granted, Double Bairs wont work against small opponents but I still prefer a Bair opproach to a Dair approach.

Edit: What are you doing online right now, arent you like, 14? Dont you have school in the morning? Get to bed young man, you need your rest.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Sounds good. I was assuming forward approaches for Bairs but maybe you meant reversed. *PRACTICES MOONWALKING!!!!!*

When my opponents are on platforms (And I'm below), I totally go Captain Falcon on them. (U-air spasm)

EDIT: Oh. I fell asleep somewhere at 6 pm and woke up at 1 am so I decided to check these threads.... (Straight A Student FTW!)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Gaaah. My lame video capture card didn't work at the person (Aerokinetic) who I was going to smash with's house....

So no new vids. Though I did have trouble with his characters. Though 3P's and iPOW were defensive, Aerokinetic is a lot more offensive. There were many close calls and I lost to most of match where he played Luigi (His main so he's most experience with him).

Though I switched to a higher tier to beat his Luigi, Kirby with more offensive players is now a new problem to me. It may just sound like another noob askin for help, but even those who are used to a style of play cannot emmidiatly adapt to a new player. So any tips of fighting offensive characters who generally out speed you an (almost XD) all ways possible.

EDIT: Wow I sound like a noob posting this!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Luigi has a ridiculous advantage over kirby, he's faster, has a much better approach and has the least amount of hit stun in the game. Combined with the fact that he's an amazingly floaty character and you lose what little combo ability kirby ever had. In this matchup there is a lot that rides on your stage pick. If you play on FD its basically an instant loss for Kirby, as is Yoshi Story. If you want to win this match you're probably gonna want to play on a stage like Onett or Peaches Castle. They eliminate a lot of Luigi's speed from WD because off all the obstacles. Granted, don't assume this will make it any easier to win, it will just slow him down a little. As for actually fighting him, your going to have to deal with just a lot of tilts as its going to be nearly impossible to combo him. You also cant Dthrow tech chase as he can escape the hit lag on your Dthrow at 0%. You also wont be able to rely on your Dair very much as Luigi is able to escape any combo you could try. Your main goal will just be to build damage and try and get him off of the ledge to take advantage of his extreamly gimpable recovery.

As for a Luigi on the offense you'll have to deal with his double arieals(sp?) and his high knockback attacks, made worse by the fact that Kirby is so **** light. Try and keep your back to a wall so you can at least reduse the chanses of death with some good teching and DI. Either that, or just take him to Poke Floats XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Approaching with a d-air really isn't as safe as you think, especially against shields. The reason is because it - as well as the f-air - has the longest lag after attacking; so much that your opponent can do practically anything he wants to you afterwards. The best way to use this is the 'D-air Flip', of course, but that's not always going to be an option. This is why the b-air is easily recognized as Kirby's best approach; it's fast, strong and usable priority (reach/duration) on top of having the least amount of L-cancel'd lag (tied with u-air & n-air).

Now, about Luigi... try spamming b-airs against him. Lots. This isn't because it's necessarily a 'cheap' tactic, more like it's pretty much Kirby's only tactic. So to make every b-air count. Go for perfect timing, accuracy, distancing, and mindgames. You really gotta have it all for this matchup! If you can read Luigi's approach and movements, this matchup shouldn't be as hard as those top tier opponents... not that it'll ever be in Kirby's favor, or even nearly a fair fight. ;)

If you ever get a u-tilt on Luigi at low to moderate-low percent, get that b-air/u-air on him! That really is the only reliable combo you'll ever hope to go for in this fight. Ha ha.

If and when you get Luigi off the stage, you gotta put that puppy down. Hit him with anything to keep him away. B-airs are, of course, a good choice, but if you can hit him with a d-air or u-air, so much the better. Nab him with a Swallowcide if you have to - just make sure he doesn't come back.

Some additional advice:
If you're not spamming b-air, spam some f-tilts or d-tilts. Use u-throw or b-throw, not d-throw.

Phew, that's a lot of typing to do on a Wii. XD

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
dont forget luigis has insane arial priority, so b-air and high priority n-air are your friends. and kirbycides!

and counter pick crazy levels like rainbow cruise or jungle japes.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Because I'm bored, I just wanted to update this again with a little more info.

Update Of December 15, 2007

The Awesome Opening Line
No, there is nothing special about these updates other than that fact that I just want to bump this thread up. With the bumping of this thread means nothing big, but I have brought super information. This Sunday (16th of December?), I will be participating in a "Video Game Festivle" that isn't really just Smash. I'm going to be playing smash a lot more over there though. I hope I can record a few matches or have some non friendly tournament matches. Aerokinetic (Luigi I'm having trouble with) will be there.

Where Has This Kid Been?
High school finals.... That's pretty much all keeping my away from smash. I actually did pretty good on the finals. Tops scores in my classes and straight A's.

EDIT: Not to mention a video section was added. More info on first post.

EDIT EDIT: Video Game Festivle was postponed until next week. Oh Nooooez!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
K, just some pointers before you go to your smash fest:
1. Kirbycides, I haven't seen you use them much so Im just going to say it now. If you have a lead or are at same stock with a huge percentage disadvantage, look for kirbycide opportunities, especially swallowcides(if your good at canceling them that is but you should always take the opportunity when it arises)

2. Bair spam. Kirby has his "Fence of Pain" use it, and use it a lot, its the best thing kirby has going for him.

3. Utilt. WD -> Utilt, it feels awesome when you get it and even better, you can combo with it. And you know what it combos into? UAIR. It sets up for what is arguably kirby's best airiel (sp?) at least in terms of knockback.

4. Uthrow. Yes, I know that kirby's Dthrow is by far his sexiest throw, but Uthrow can often catch people off guard and if they dont DI it you can combo a Uair out if it at low percents.

5. Dsmash edgeguard. Good knockback, good duration, good damage, gimps alot of recoveries, need I say more?

6. Press Down B at the begining of the game to become t!Mmy and destroy everyone..................................................................................................................................................not really but wouldnt that be awesome? Seriously though the stone can be great mindgames if used correctly, people will often rush you expecting you to cancel out of it early, just let them waste an attack on you then cancel into a quick ariel.(this one is very situational)

7. Bthrow->WD->Bair->Swallowcide. No this is not something I suggest trying alot of, or at all for that matter, however if you find yourself playing a noob or just want to look awesome, this is how you should end your match XD

8. Jungle Japes(Kongo Jungle?) I can never remember the correct name for the unbanned DK level but you know what Im trying to say. Other good counter picks are DK 64, DL 64 and Corneria(camp the fin, tech everything if you can)

Thats all I got for now, im tired, bed time...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
An email tells me that the Videogame Festivle has been postponed until next week because of some unknown (At Least to me) reason. I also need to catch up on some sleep.....

I hear this top Mortal Kombat player in Central CA was coming (or might)....

Time to go edit my earlier posts!

iMichael

Smash Lord
It's funny how we are in the same city and yet we haven't played each other lol.....If I had your number we could schedule something because I had a little Smash kickback today at my spot. So pm me for some info on that.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Ahh. Well uhm, I can can over whenever you can. I have 3 weeks of Winter Break to do so...

Let's schedule something. Though this is actually the first time I've met someone online and meeting them. *I'm scared XD*

I don't have a cell, so home phone might be a little troubling.....
Can't wait to arrange something. When I do come over to get some to some smashings, call some other people :D.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol Quit being a scaredy cat! lol nah jp..yeah there will be some peeps over too. I'm not an online predator lol wtf.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm going somewhere this week so maybe next week.
Can't wait, uhm. Why not I just send an PM. I've yet to receive your first name.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
i dont like the fact that this thread is like... ''Look at my awesome Kirby''
and then someone asks : ''So who does 3P main?''
and youll be like : ''Oh 3P? Ah thats just some noob i use to show off my skills'' like thats how it seems to be and i hate to believe in it

but the kirby is nice

Top Bottom