• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Vid, heh on capture card too.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
new match everyone, me vs lixivium luigi!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IWKvYttjTA

help vs luigi please =)
Great dude, I don't think you need advice against luigi >_> but on FD, PS or DL you can abuse luigi's traction by drillshining him and neutral wavedash cancel then start shooting some lasers like 5 or 6 that'll add some damage to him, is a gay way to rack up damage

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
new match everyone, me vs lixivium luigi!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IWKvYttjTA

help vs luigi please =)
There are a lot of things you need to work on.

First off all, tell the luigi to nair when you upthrow him. It will stop your Uthrow to Uair combo. Also the luigi needs more wavedash dancinging into ftilts and jabs to grabs.

As for your fox, you really need to work on approaching. Your approachs were horribly predictable. Try and impliment foxtrotting and dashdancing into your game. For example foxtrot towards someone then away, then dash back with a shffled nair. Jab more and against luigi you should use fthrow to nair chase or dthrow to techchase. If you uthrow he can nair you every time. Uthrow to bair might work though. Don't be afraid to tilt more vs luigi, it throws them off guard. Your shine follow-ups were fine. Just work on your approaches and laser-game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sorry I haven't been posting lately man. My INTERNET IS GONE. Temporarily I hope :(

You're getting better, keep posting and I'll give some advice in due time.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Ok guys, I went to a Smashfest like...4 days ago, and was in a crew battle, sadly this is my only recorded performance from the fest, i had to leave so i couldn't record much, well here is the vid on which i would like advice/critique, I'm the first fox w/ the box tag. **** since this was my first crew battle, I was hella nervous. BTW if the volume got recorded, you guys woulda been laffing ur ***** off at the commentary.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jWYZF1V9zXw

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Work on your approach a little. Here's what I saw from your approaches, in order from most frequent to least:

Too Much
JC usmash
dash attack
A little bit
SHFFL nair
SHFFL dair
Three times?
grab

JC usmash is not a very good approach. I have no idea why your opponents were getting hit by so many of them. The last Fox I played who kept JC usmashing at me got shieldgrabbed or spot-dodge > dsmashed every time. Dash attack is not a very good approach, for anyone. SHFFL nair and dair aren't bad. Grabs can be very good.

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
Nice vids, you've improved alot since you joined the forums! (This is a new account, i HAVE been around for longer than my join date states :p)

Apart from approaches, my main qualm was with your recovery. it seemed as if you ALWAYS used firefox horisontally towards the stage, and im surprised that peach didn't full jump nair yo' ***. You did use fox illusion, but in the same way, making your recovery easily punishable as shown by you're last match against jigs. Mix it up, sweetspot more, and keep improving!

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
BRAWLPRO..why must you be so beastly..

Great videos..speshly the crew match. =D
u were raaaape..then u got gay'd be teh purin..
BUt u still is beast. =D
Box Tag ftw. ><

brawlpro

Smash Master
Mix it up, sweetspot more, and keep improving!
I didn't really sweetspot because i was on pokemon stadium and battlefield.

And yeh, thx I'll keep improving ^_^
BRAWLPRO..why must you be so beastly..

Great videos..speshly the crew match. =D
u were raaaape..then u got gay'd be teh purin..
BUt u still is beast. =D
Box Tag ftw. ><
Cool, I appreciate ur comment :laugh:

C'mon guys, more views? thx.

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough. But still, evn though its more difficult on those two stages is definantly worth doing, and against a jiggs not sweetspotting could be a bbaaaddd mistake.

EDIT: I've only played Fox for about 2 weeks though, I could be wrong.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I didn't really sweetspot because i was on pokemon stadium and battlefield.
This is irrelevant. You can sweetspot on any stage with grabbable ledges. You just have to Foxfire from above downward or Illusion from just below.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hell says: ur jiggly puff match was the worst played match up I've ever seen,
srsly, you could have 4 stocked that puff
Aerij says:
NO I COULDN'T HAVE
Hell says:
I guess you don't know how to up smash out of shied
Hell says:
lol, yes you could
Aerij says:
THATS MY TEAMATE AND HE ****ING PWNS ME
Aerij says:
i loose 60% of the time to him
Hell says:
because you're not playing like you should
Aerij says:
need jiggs advice
Hell says:
you have enough skill to beat him that's the point, with puff you don't need tech skill (lol)
Aerij says:
i get gimped from recovery
Hell says:
just camp this moves : upthrow, dash dance, lasers, upsmash(out of shield too), crouch cancel her aerials into upsmash with c-stick, do the champ combo but with nair instead of dash attack. Your biggest mistake is that you think fox's aerials will actually beat puff's. And you had oportunities you could grab her but you chose to run and shoot lasers or aproach her again stupidly taking hits over and over again
Aerij says:
i just dunno other approach
Hell says:
other aproach? there's no aproach in this match up lol. Also work on double aerials,
double bair on platforms works well overall. And btw if you want to trade hits with puff use bair instead of everything else, for upthrows(for landing the uair well) mix them with dash dances so they get surprised and don't react(DI) at time

The match vs. peach was ok, but it wouldn't hurt to reduce aproaches and shoot lasers instead?(but don't shoot stupidly). Also, master that pillar thing too look as cool as me ;)

You're better than I thought you will be at this point, keep improving and learning.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Against Falco: Too much rolling. Only roll if it's necessary to get out of laser pressure or a pillar. Otherwise, just eat the lasers and laser back. Make him come to you; that way you can just dd grab, or spotdodge and shine/grab. I don't recommend the latter to be used too often because it gets predictable rather quickly. Don't chainthrow if you're not confident with it; just take the free usmash/bair when you can, and go from there. You're way too reckless with your playstyle, and you constantly eat shines/tilts that you shouldn't be getting hit by at all. Be a bit more aware of your spacing against Falco, as a good Falco will turn one hit into a 40%+ combo. That being said, it also seems like you don't know when to shield and when to go on the offensive; watch some higher level matches to get a good sense of that.

Against Marth: Don't just spam uair. That doesn't work. Spamming spotdodge/roll will get your grabbed by Marth, so only do it to roll behind his fair/etc. when it gets predictable. Against Marth, just ***** nairs, and grab when you can. You can choose to either uair or bair the Marth, but if the player can consistently smash DI out of the uair, then just play safe and go for the bair and follow up from there. I just gave some general advice, since that match pretty consisted of you getting beat on by toga, and his 2 suicides, lol.

Against Peach: Laser camping is always good. Do it as much as you can without sacrificing oppotunities for free shine combos, etc. Also, don't go for lengthy infinites on Peach unless she's at something like 50%, and the 3 extra shines into the usmash will kill her for sure. Otherwise, just finish it quickly with a usmash/uthrow uair. Don't dash attack against Peach. You'll either mistime and get shieldgrabbed, or she'll cc it and dsmash you to hell. The risks aren't worth the benefits in this case. When Peach whiffs a dash attack on your shield, it's a free JC usmash. Abuse that fact, and Peaches won't want to dash attack you anymore. Again, don't roll/spotdodge so much; when Peach catches on, you'll be eating fairs/nairs/bairs and worst of all, dsmashes to the face. Not fun. It's better to dashdance around things, as it leaves you with a lot more options open then if you were to sit in your shield or roll/spotdodge. No point in rolling backwards when you could just run in the same direction. Space your aerials better; a lot of your nairs/dairs either undershot or overshot their target, and Peach didn't even come close to punishing you enough for that. That being said, try to reduce your use of nairs, as Peach can cc those to no end. Dair/bair are better substitutes in this case, as they're much, much harder to get around via crouch cancelling.

Against Jigglypuff: Stop rolling so much. Again, it's about approaches and spacing; go learn the matchup.

Your main problems are with relying on spotdodging and rolling far too much, but your opponents aren't even coming close to punishing you enough for it. You also need to work on your approches and spacing, which is cruicial for Fox against most characters; you're not Falco, you can't just rely on one approach.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
You current play style is nice. I'd say you definately need to work on not rolling as much. That's a must :) Your oppenents didnt punish it much, but in the long run you're best to be rid of the habbit earlier rather than later lol. You aggresive fox was solid, although a few changes and different choices would prolong your combos quite a bit i think you'll find.
For example;
On Falco: you might wanna consider grabbing more. Try out some tech chasing a little bit rather than always going for the Uair - if you get it right you can cause some real devistation with a well placed nair/bair/uair. Or even go into drill>thunders from tech chase :p
Also you seem to be looking for the shine in some odd places. The backthrow shine is in my opinion long dead. If you get it, great. But try to set it up in a few different ways, like... the falco seems to not always DI your uthrow - so while your back is facing the stage, try a uthrow>privot>waveshine> shine spike. This gives you plenty of time to watch his DI and still be right there when he starts either an illusion or firebird.
This can also be done straight out of thunders if you end with a uair and pivot grab :)

On luigi, you played very well, apart from the comeback you had the match in your hands :p You're on point with your grabs, so you need to get more and abuse it. Naturally on battlefield it isnt as practicle, but you can get a grab from the old shineillusion trick, or you can waveshine dashgrab if you're fast enough :)
Also, a little more nair spam can go a long way :p

On IC's you played well again. Although i wouldnt have grabbed as much myself. You separated them the usual way which was nice, but i'd try and concentrate more on getting rid of which ever one you're at rather than switching if you get me. They're a piece of cake on their own ^^

Over all a nice fox :) Hopefully if you do come london we'll get some dittos ^^

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Noice, thanks a ton, but you missed my recent vid and advised me on my old vidz:(, still cool though it helped, but on the first post the link to my recent performance is the first link you will see in that post.
Watched now, and replied via pm ^^

brawlpro

Smash Master
Thanks again, I love your tech skill btw.

Cool I got some nice replies, I am edge teching now too, someone wanna give me a critique, like out of 10?

If you don't, plz continue to notice my mistakes and help me more unless you think there is nothing left to say. If there isn't just tell me.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
against falco: Just make sure you try to be aggressive, most falco players aren't too good at shield pressure, unless the CC shine, in that case let them approach you, so camp.

but anyway, when i play falcos i try to think im M2k, basically one grab and they're dead. At low percents, simply try to go for a uthrow usmash, it 's an easy way to rack up some percent. If they're under a platform, throw them up, and immediately do a Dair.

1 of a few things will happen.

Either they will tech, in place, in which case you can immediatly grab.

they will tech away, in which you can immediately do a pivot grab.

or, the perfect situation, they will miss the tech. if they miss the tech, your drill should cancel they're get up movements in the same way a thunders jab works. From there, you have a good variety of things to do. you can upair, to maybe uptilt or upsmash. you can also just charge an upsmash, or simply regrab. (note, if you cancel the get up attack you can instantly grab)

but either way, once you grab just try to get percentage and get them on the platforms,once they're their just full hop nair them to get them off the age, then just edgeguard with bairs or w/e you wish.

Against peaches, simply just camp a lot. Most peaches will try to camp you, so just play the same game and laser camp against them. Eventually they'll grow impatient and approach you. What i do is Nair + Shine + Grab Upthrow + uair, then either chain upairs or run away and with turn around laser camping till i get away, then just spam more lasers and repeat.

Honestly, it's really gay, but whatever does the job, right?

Top Bottom