• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update: Tether Recovery

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, at least we (sort of) know ZSS's Up Special Move. =/

Characters that will for sure be able to utilize Tether Recovery:
ZSS
Samus
Link

Ronike

Smash Ace
...I hate you Snap....
I even had all this ready:

Well joy something we already knew about:( For those of you that havent looked at it yet, its links ability to latch onto ledges with his hookshot basically. Oh well I guess it tells us that ZS has it, though I was hoping for Ike's final smash, or at least PTs... Always tomorrow I guess...

And then you come in with two words... You are not one who should talk of morality...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
That's it? That was in melee... Link and Samus could do it by using their throws. That kinda sucks that ZSS's ^B is just that. Can that even damage anyone?

Woodman

Smash Rookie
YO R U SRS TETHER RECOVERIES

sakurai this is lame as hell. unless you show me a pic of snake throwing out a grappling hook as he's being smashed off the level, you're not gonna thrill me with this tether bs.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Okay... nothing special here. Like everyone else I'm going to bed soon. XD

Still "other characters"? If that's just Samus and Link, meh.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, at least we (sort of) know ZSS's Up Special Move. =/

Characters that will for sure be able to utilize Tether Recovery:
ZSS
Samus
Link
Time for some speculation. Who else might have it?

. . . Ivysaur, anyone?

EDIT: Dude. Smidge. Not cool. Stealin' my thunder. v_v

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't like that this is an up B. This might mean that similar up Bs will be useless in battle other than recovery.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
he didny you guys read carefully, at the end he said
other characters can use this to
in other words, sheik is coming back

tirkaro

Smash Champion
the ungodly "you must recover" update strikes yet again, in the form of "tether recovery"

still, at least its better than music updates >_>

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wait didn't we used to think we could just wakl off this level. Now we know it has edges... which means it won't be banned. That's a big deal!
Um.. I do believe the bridge has "broken" in those pictures. You can still walk off on the very edges of the stage.

Um... no? I don't see the connection.

Florida

イーグランツ
Snap, you need to stop with the "New update: ____" as the title, and then the "looks awesome" as the actual post, to just gain the attention of making the thread first. About the update, pretty interesting that it's Zamus' third jump, now we can get some theories going on for Ivysaur and other characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wait didn't we used to think we could just wakl off this level. Now we know it has edges... which means it won't be banned. That's a big deal!
Holy baby in the manger, I didn't even notice. Way to be observant!

Not that it matters to me since I was planning on playing it regardless. No tourneys for me. But still.

EDIT: Or what Andrew said. . . I need to be a little more observant myself.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
um, link and regular samus had it. i dont even remember sheik having any ability like that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh wait, its her up b?! ****, she better have lock on-ish characteritics, or she is gonna be so useless its not even funny. As for not hurting other people, I respond with this: could Sheik's Whip hurt people? Could Link and Samus' hookshot and grapple weapons hurt people? Itll prolly be like sheik's whip, just different on the ground...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Holy baby in the manger, I didn't even notice. Way to be observant!

Not that it matters to me since I was planning on playing it regardless. No tourneys for me. But still.

EDIT: Or what Andrew said. . . I need to be a little more observant myself.
Wait... what?

I'm still pretty sure that that's just showing the bridge after it collapsed, NOT an end to the stage. :/

EDIT: Oops you recognized... well it was after I made this post so I couldn't do much about it. XD

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Has it been improved slightly? I remember if you didn't come toward a straight wall you'd fall off.
Though I guess it also worked if there was nothing there.... I dunno, it was really hard to do an not worth my time. whenever I did do it I would slip off. I think it's if the wall is uneven...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, well you edited like a minute or two after I posted... :p

Anyways it is interesting that it's ZSS's Up B. I don't really like that, but then again ZSS doesn't much appeal to me personally, so I don't think I'll play her that much.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
So Zero Suit Samus has a lame up B. Isn't the point of her to suck compared to Samus?

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
So how does this work exactly? If this is her 3rd jump, and she doesn't sweetspot the tether she seems sort of screwed. This seems hard to use, like if link ONLY had the hookshot, and no up-B.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i mean, he says that other can use thear whip to do this as well
and sheik has a whip

Top Bottom