• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update: Superspicy Curry

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I don't even refresh the dojo for updates. I refresh the "threads made by Misto-Roboto" page...I get it just as fast :p
As I was editing my post to update the rest of the pictures I laughed a little in the inside when I read that. Heh.

No doubt those who don't like items will not enjoy this update, but is interesting none the less.

Hong

The Strongest
I'll quote myself in the other thread.
Okay. I'll clue everyone in being the Kirby junkie I am.

In Kirby Dreamland the first Kirby game, you didn't get power from sucking in enemies. You got power from sucking in food. If it was considered Spicy, Kirby would be able to breathe fire. Though since the characters are being lit on fire instead of breathing it, I believe this is in reference to Chef Kawasaki's Spicy Curry as seen in Hoshi no Kaabi ("Kirby of the Stars) anime episode 29 titled "Burning Hot! Family Restaurant War". This is believable since Masahiro Sakurai corproduced this anime for all 100 episodes.
Info on the anime can be found here;
http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/info/anime/

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Why do people hate items? Because they ONLY want competitive play. They forget the meaning of the word 'fun' and what use it can do.

Anyway, I'm not sure how it works entirely, but we'll just have to wait for Brawl to figure it out. If anyone has any specifics on what this is from (besides LOL A KIRBY GAME) I'd like to know.

Hong

The Strongest
Why do people hate items? Because they ONLY want competitive play. They forget the meaning of the word 'fun' and what use it can do.

Anyway, I'm not sure how it works entirely, but we'll just have to wait for Brawl to figure it out. If anyone has any specifics on what this is from (besides LOL A KIRBY GAME) I'd like to know.
I gave every bit of info that was needed. Really. D:

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
The same reason people hate a lot of things, differences in opinions, don't start this subject in my thread. Thank you.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Stop stereotyping right now. Are you ignorant enough to assume competitive smash players treat melee like an actual job, training seriously, never enjoying themselves?

You've never played competitive smash then. Its all laughs. :laugh:

People hate item updates I guess because they're kind of boring compared to characters or stages. Thats probably it.
truth said:
The same reason people hate a lot of things, differences in opinions, don't start this subject in my thread. Thank you.
listen to the wise, wise man.

So this is like a fireflower, but you dont even have to press A. This game is getting noobier by the minute... *sigh*

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Something I find interesting in this update is that there is a ring surrounding the curry before (and a little bit after) Diddy picks it up.

Also, I'm usually not a big fan of item updates, but for some reason I really enjoyed tonights.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
This update made me realllly hungry... I LOVE spicy food! I love curry!

And yes, Im a white boy. I lovvve the spice though.. mmm.. *thinks about hot sauce and chili*

Hong

The Strongest
This will be more or less a damage buff. But it might have an initial bit of damage on the person who ate it as a downside.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
is this item 2d or 3d?
To me it looks like the food in melee. 3d but not very textured or detailed.

Who else is going to get a snack now that they saw the update? Im soo hungry for curry now...

Darn you sakurai and your mindgames! you made me hungry!!! :laugh:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Okay. I'll clue everyone in being the Kirby junkie I am.

In Kirby Dreamland the first Kirby game, you didn't get power from sucking in enemies. You got power from sucking in food. If it was considered Spicy, Kirby would be able to breathe fire. Though since the characters are being lit on fire instead of breathing it, I believe this is in reference to Chef Kawasaki's Spicy Curry as seen in Hoshi no Kaabi ("Kirby of the Stars) anime episode 29 titled "Burning Hot! Family Restaurant War". This is believable since Masahiro Sakurai corproduced this anime for all 100 episodes.
lawlz. that aint the only game this is from. i cant believe i kno this tho. One of the mini games in Pokemon Stadium had Spicy curry as a "hazard"

bluethree

Smash Journeyman

I have more fun playing without items than I do playing with items. I don't see how taking items out automatically means less fun. And I don't even play competitively.

Hong

The Strongest
lawlz. that aint the only game this is from. i cant believe i kno this tho. One of the mini games in Pokemon Stadium had Spicy curry as a "hazard"
xD Don't feel bad, I remember that too. Though I don't consider it the same since nothing beats CHEF KAWASAKI Spicy Curry!

KAWASAKI CONPHIRM3D 4 BROUWL

village-idiot

Smash Rookie
spicy curry....
how dumb could this update could have been.???
it would've been nice to see a stage or character.
It'd kinda destroy the whole point of watching the updates if it were character after character, then there'd be nothing but items to talk about.

Hong

The Strongest
And how it will affect squirtle is beyond me...

Seriously he spits water, this curry is gonna **** his universe right up.
I wonder what this will mean for desired characters like Captain Olimar or Mach Rider who lack an exposed mouth.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Only thing i really liked about this update was when ya went up to diddy in the one picture, you could see his puiples going smaller, which seems like alot more detail added to the characters.

I sort of expected a crappy update tonight.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Love this update ^^ I mean, LOOK at Diddy's face after he eats the curry, this is made of WIN. Imagine this with every other character = LOL! xD
Seriously, not every update has to be a character or a stage, it's nice to see the item list updated as well. Just have fun everybody. ;P

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Love this update ^^ I mean, LOOK at Diddy's face after he eats the curry, this is made of WIN. Imagine this with every other character = LOL! xD
Seriously, not every update has to be a character or a stage, it's nice to see the item list updated as well. Just have fun everybody. ;P
Hey theres an attitude I can dig :)

Heh, I like the way this item LOOKS but not how it works, to be honnest.

Its kind of like a fireflower, but you don't have to press the A button? Kind of lame and automatic, but hey its a new item at the very least.

And just like Demon Machine, this update made me very hungry. I lovvve curry.

Top Bottom