• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New..um... string of attacks?

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
have bomb in hand

0%
short hop foward>bomb throw> arrow cancel>jab cancel>fsmash

The important point is when you throw the bomb and arrow cancel, the arrow should hit RIGHT after opponent is hit with the bomb. At 0%, the arrow hitting completely cancels the bomb's knockback(opponent should barely move). Momentum of the short hop foward then sets you up for fsmash, grab, dsmash, ftilt. With ridiculously good spacing you can throw in a jab cancel to something else.

At higher percents however, the canceled arrow's knockback will not be so negligible anymore, and will have to be followed up by a DAC.

But if you by luck timed it wrong, overshot the bomb and had the arrow hit first at high percents, bomb will the opponent back to you, setting up for other stuff. The bomb's knockback can toss the opponent anywhere depending where you threw it if you timed it wrong, so keep an eye out.

I don't have a live opponent to try this out on. You guys try it out.

4Serial

Smash Lord
I dunno about this
arrow canceling removes the beginning lag but there still is the ending lag
in that time, they can easily attack you really
You're being in REALLY close range too with the sh bomb > arrow cancel if you're close enough to jab
It's really risky.

Izaw

Smash Ace
You guys should try grabbing Ness and keep spamming Z. I'm not 100% on it, but I think Link's got a infinite grab on Ness ;O

löl

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
You guys should try grabbing Ness and keep spamming Z. I'm not 100% on it, but I think Link's got a infinite grab on Ness ;O

löl
No, Ness can sidestep Link's regrab.
But Link can do an unavoidable down smash on Ness after the grab releases. (Marth and Link have the same down smash animation and speed) I do that alot. ;)

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Yeah i didnt know you can do a unavoidable d-smash. That would kill if it was a fresh D-smash right?
Anyway, I think this String of attacks could be interrupted anytime, but i guess it could work in some way.

Top Bottom