• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Uair trick

Zink

Smash Champion
I was messing around and beating up a lvl 1 Falco, when I noticed that at certain lowish percents (like 25%), if you hit him with the front top tip of the attack, full jumped, they fall a bit in front of you. This puts you in a perfect position to knee them! You don't even need to land, just DI forward and knee!
I've been having a bit of trouble recreating this, as it's hard to get fastfallers in the air at low percents, but if we can find the sweet spot damage range, it could be a very handy attack.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I do this all the time versus Samus. U-throw, Uair, Knee. I do it with a full jump though. I always do it on muscle memory but I believe it was a 2nd jumped fast falled knee.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
IIRC it's usually the first or second thing I do. So I guess around 15-30. Something like that. I just see the opportunity and take it. I'm sure G-Reg has something to say about that. Probably about how he is fast enough to do it at -50% and land an instant K.O.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, a raptor boost is a good set up for this too against heavier people. Falco would need a bit more damage than 15% though, unless of course the second jump is not needed as you say. otherwise a full jump uair, second jump fastfall knee is a pretty common combo.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING is a common combo nowadays. It's tough for a guy like me to hear that everything I hope and dream to be able to do has already been done by 124985210985 other people already.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You don't need to double jump it. If you start the UAIR immediately you can pop out a knee as you're landing from a full jump. I find this is pretty handy on semi-floaties around 30-40 when they don't DI correctly. If they DI away I just hit them with another UAIR.

Zink

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish, he's a funny guy. :ohwell:
Yeah, you don't need a double jump, just DI forward, so if you can catch a fastfaller and he DIs wrong you can practically get a free kill from it. Knee>knee>knee.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
I think he's trying to say that you Uair into the knee w/o double jumping (I may be wrong) good catch, but I'm pretty sure they COULD DI away.

Besides, Nair to knee is mo betta..or dair to knee...or bair to knee...or ftilt to knee...

or jab to knee....or throw to knee....

Get it?

Top Bottom