• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tricks for link...

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
After watching alot of different vids of Link I noticed that you guys don't

Short Hop B-air into a turn around arrow shot (no lag)

OR

Full hop Air dodge into a Z-air right before you hit the ground (also NO LAG)

Just a reminder for this AT^ when you do this be sure to DI away from the opponent for optimum spacing
(This is a very SAFE a reliable AT)

I think these to moves are very good things to use while in combat with Link, and they open up alot of possibilities for a serious update in Link's metagame (more so about the FH AD Z-air)

Anyone want to discuss these moves......

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the first oen seems a little situational in the actual hitting part. but i like the second one. i need to use that more.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I did the bair+arrow thing a lot a while ago, but I eventually dropped it. The problem is that there are precious few cases where the logical follow-up to bair is an arrow; if either of the two actions is unneeded, it would have been better to either do the arrow or do the bair alone and not commit yourself to both actions in case one of them was successfully defended. I'm still looking for uses, but so far I'm drawing a blank.

Like the air dodge + bomb drop trick ("invincibombing" on the Toon Link boards, I think), setting up a case where canceling an air dodge with a Zair makes sense is kind of rare (but not unheard of). The catch is you need the opponent to be in front of you, whiff with an attack which has a short duration, and then you Zair. If the enemy attack is long lasting, doing the zair drops your invincibility and you get hit. If the attack never comes, why did you airdodge? If you succeed, you score 4 damage (and maybe pull off a combo if you hit close enough to the ground). It's a lot of effort for a small reward, but it's cool.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
the bair to arrow isn't a combo lol

think of it as a spacing tool that's all

also with the zair move I mentioned the idea is it puts you out of danger and allows for you to set up combos that you guys have already discovered.

as for a visual of what it can be releated to just look at vids of jash's tl or santi's

it can be used the exact same way just your full hopping instead (be sure to pull back for spacing which is vital to doing this move correctly)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
After watching alot of different vids of Link I noticed that you guys don't

Short Hop B-air into a turn around arrow shot (no lag)

OR

Full hop Air dodge into a Z-air right before you hit the ground (also NO LAG)

Just a reminder for this AT^ when you do this be sure to DI away from the opponent for optimum spacing
(This is a very SAFE a reliable AT)

I think these to moves are very good things to use while in combat with Link, and they open up alot of possibilities for a serious update in Link's metagame (more so about the FH AD Z-air)

Anyone want to discuss these moves......
You must have obviously never seen matches of Deva, Legan, Arkive, or Izaw. All of them use the AD>Zair to hit characters on the ground.......I agree that it is a very safe poke/approach when used in a retreating manner if you space it well.

I have no clue why you would Full Hop it over just Short Hopping it though. With a SH you have less time thet you are actually commited to being in the air and it's quicker out of a SH anyways.

Honestly Deva and Izaw base their playstyle around a SH AD Zair with a bomb in their hand lol.......this is nothing new. This has been spammed by Links since like mid-summer lol.

What your referring to with the bair into an arrow is simply Arrow Cancelling.
Arrow Cancel is a decent option to use as a mixup every once in a while.....but Zairing with a bomb in hand is a far better option and leads into follow up opportunities.

Top Bottom