• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tourney series in the Memphis area

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Looking for a name because I plan on having more than one... The tournamnts are going to be held at the same hotel that INNV is going to be held at because it's only about $135 or less, dates tentative.

Prefer INN vets opinions over others...

No spam plz

<3 Lance198773843864983746

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Runnin' with the Devil or Runnin' on Empty. Goes well with the Runaway7.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@McCloud- The reason i'm doing it is because we need more daytime tournaments. I'm getting tired of waiting for the big INN and close OOS tourneys...so i'll just do my own xD

@Brad- Those are good ideas, I didn't even thinking about naming it after our crew...

@Zane- Don't know about gimmicks...

Keep the ideas flowin' fellas, I really appreciate it!

3GOD

Smash Ace
@McCloud- The reason i'm doing it is because we need more daytime tournaments. I'm getting tired of waiting for the big INN and close OOS tourneys...so i'll just do my own xD

Keep the ideas flowin' fellas, I really appreciate it!
Runaway Training...Smashbound...or in the vein of Monty Python, "RUN AWAY!!!! RUN AWAY!!!"

ps - I'm happy to hear that these things will take place in the day. My odds of attendance are pretty much 100%.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I cant think of a name off the top of my head, but I'll keep thinking. Whenever it is though, let us know so your fellow run mates can help yas out. ^____~

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
More Smash tourneys, huh? Sounds like a good plan to me. It'll be good to have a few more big tourneys in the area.

As for a name, does Holiday Inn have a catch-phrase or anything like that? I checked their website but couldn't find it if they have one. If so, you could make a corny, Smash-related name based on that. If this were a Run7 collaboration I'd suggest something along the lines of "Runaway 7 Super Smash Showdown!" or something dramatic, but since Lance is setting things in motion, maybe it should be somthing like " Lance's 'We Need More Tourneys!' Tournament!" ?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Runnin' till 7
if you keep the tournament going till 7pm >_>

Millington Madness
cause you are from Millington

moogle

Smash Ace
As for a name, does Holiday Inn have a catch-phrase or anything like that? I checked their website but couldn't find it if they have one.
"Whoa, you just beat Darkrain! Are you some kinda pro?"

"No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

3GOD

Smash Ace
A little history lesson... 3GOD, aka Viewtiful Joel, coined "INNsomnia":
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1086077#post1086077

He's good at naming tournaments. ;)
If only I had known then that it would be a huge tournament in the future, I would have trademarked or patented or copyrighted it or something along those lines...you know whatever it is you do to make a nickel everytime someone says it :)

I think that MookieRah came up with the subtitle "The Smash Buffet," but I may be wrong there.

ps - What am I gonna do with all these nickels? Money Match anyone?

pps - What is the true identity of billy buttons? Will the world ever know?

Lance87

Smash Lord
@Moogle- That's ****ing hilarious, i'll put that in the thread somewhere :laugh:

Runaway 7 present: ??????? (insert cool name here)
I was sorta planning on that :)

@McCloud- At least once every 2 months if not every month given attendance keeps up. I'm pretty sure though because we have a pretty solid out of state support base...if not it would be cool for the locals.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Runaway 7 present: The French Taunting

Also, I'm guessing these will be on saturdays? Can we maybe have one before the end of February? :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Probably not before the end of feb....we're going to FP remember? Plus, Cataclysm is early march...i'm thinking early/mid april for the first installment since there are a lot of tournaments right now.
2nd weekend of April is probably the earliest, since INN V is March 30/31, and there would technically be a biweekly the following week (which may or may not happen, really not sure. 2 days might have me worn out, we'll see :))

Lance87

Smash Lord
Yea, I was wondering if you were going to have a bi-weekly. Competing with the INN and having tourneys on the same days isn't what i'm going for :) Just a new tourney outlet so people don't always have to go at night. I'll talk to you about it more when the time comes because i'm leaning towards the end of april anyway....bit sure yet though.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Zane = an anagram for Azen...coincidence? I think not! As for the sig, feel free to use it. :)

Top Bottom