• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New tournament coming soon!!

itsWillyo

Smash Rookie
Hey my names Will and ive recently started attending tourneys for brawl in early October 08. and ever since then ive attended tourneys regularly. this will be my first tournament and im hoping it will work out nicely

My allisbrawl account is http://allisbrawl.com/profile/itsWillyo.ai and my myspace account is www.myspace.com/funbones18

the tourney will most likely be held in lakewood, ca right around the corner from where the quiznos brawls are held at a park called palms park. the address for the park is 12305 207th St Lakewood, CA 90715

The limit on the room is 150 people so im hoping to get as many people to come as possible.
If we have 150 people in the room i will not be able to accept anymore people to register.

it would start at 8 am and end at 10 pm both days
registration would be at 8 till 9 so make sure u arrive at the right time cuz i wont be able to accept anymore people after a certain time to make sure things get going so i suggest arriving as early as possible

first day i was going to throw a doubles tourney and then a crews tourney

the second day was going to be a singles tourney and if time allows possibly another sort of tourney if we decide to do so.

entry fee for singles will be ten dollars a person 5 for pot and 5 for venue since this room is quite expensive to rent out.

Doubles will be 14 dollars a team(7 a person) 4 dollars will be put into venue and ten into pot

Crews will most likely be teams of 5, 3 dollars a person 1 from each person will be put into venue since crews is mainly just for fun(This pricing may be changed so be sure to check for updates)

Pot distribution will be as follows
Doubles will be 1st-60% 2nd-20% 3rd-10%
Singles will be the samething unless decided otherwise
Crews will be winners take all and split amongst themselves

Now this room is a pretty decent size room with plenty of area around it to hangout without there being to much crowded areas wheres its hard to walk and such. There is a pretty decent size parking lot as well. Now because of the size of this room i can easily fit 20-30 tvs most of which will be for tourney and left overs will be for a friendlies area in the corner of the room or even a melee setup???

The discount for bringing a set up will be venue off for both tourneys. If u bring one of them(tv or wii) u will get 3 dollars off in singles and 2 off in doubles.

I will be setting up a snack bar as well seeing as there is a kitchen for use there.
We will be selling pizza drinks and most likely candy and such.

This room will be held under my name so i ask everyone to clean up after themselves and help keep the room tidy for the deposit will be lost if there are any problems.

Another thing to take in account is that the tourney has a strict time limit. If we cant finish the tourney by ten there will be no refunds. People missing their cues or people hoping on tvs for friendlies while tourney matches are scheduled will be dqed. U will be given a time to get to ur station but we ask u be aware of your name and where u are suppose to be at a given time.

Now this is my first tourney so im hoping to at least get 80 people for both days but i do ask people to bring as many people as possible. If this tournament works out well i will hold more in the future. It will most likely be a bi monthly thing if i can get these tourneys to have a decent tournout. Well if u guys have anymore questions add me on myspace or allisbrawl and ill be happy to answer them. This is just what i have come up with so far if i get replies soon i will schedule this as early as late feb or early march

Thankssssss =]]]]

ps rules and stages and all that other stuff will be determined after the date for this tourney is set thanks again =]

itsWillyo

Smash Rookie
its discussing if i should do it or not and seeing how many people would attend if i actually went through with it

Top Bottom