• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique, Tele-Shine

Momenot

Smash Rookie
Ok so I have renamed tele shine because 1. It was misleading and 2. I was looking at some of my footage and slowed it down to realize it doesn't really "teleport" the opponent it just shoves them over. So after much deliberation I have decided to rename Tele shine to... *drum roll* Budging! :bee:. Sorry about the bad video quality :urg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrZ9114nhEM It seems that the technique works against attacks that move the character forward, Though this hasn't really been tested thoroughly so feel free to prove me wrong :psycho: I'm leaving the rest to the community to fine tune this and whatnot because I don't really have the time to :( mabey make a list of attacks this works against?... Even though It's obviously only useful on rare occasions I think this move might develop to become a bigger part of Wolfs professional meta-game.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Unless I'm mistaken all that's happening is your reflecting Ganondorf when the game thinks he's actually on the other side of you. His neutral B and side B both move him forward so that when you're reflecting him, the game is reading his arm on the other side of you and thus reflects him that way. Kind of interesting anyways. But I really doubt you'll be able to put it to much use in a real match.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well it looks like it might have good mindgame applications. An opponent is definitely going to pause for a moment after they get knocked to the other side of you by a reflector attack. My guess is though that you might be able to space this correctly and do it without them having to attack at all. Either way after they get "teleported" they would probably be slightly confused and vulnerable to a nice down smash or even f-air if you just want to add on some damage.

That said if you can punish without using this...then thats definitely the better option, but if you find yourself falling into an situation where this would work and you dont have much time for anything else, its worth a try.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I don't think it's about 'putting it to use'.

It's about expecting where your opponent will be when it happens.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Unless I'm mistaken all that's happening is your reflecting Ganondorf when the game thinks he's actually on the other side of you. His neutral B and side B both move him forward so that when you're reflecting him, the game is reading his arm on the other side of you and thus reflects him that way. Kind of interesting anyways. But I really doubt you'll be able to put it to much use in a real match.
Well...thats actually all thats happening. Similar things happen to different characters depending upon the move, but thats really just the mechanics of the shine. It's not necessarily new but a mechanic not known of by many people. You can intercept Ganon's Over B and B by just simply jumping into, causing the same effects. So in short, it's not really a technique but just an effect that the shine produces against particular attacks.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
wait, when you say jumping into, you mean jumping towards them? wouldn't it just hit you? O.o

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
wait, when you say jumping into, you mean jumping towards them? wouldn't it just hit you? O.o
Not unless you activate the reflector before getting hit xP(invinsibilty frames remember). If you watch the vid a similar situation is produced expect the fact that your grounded.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I'm not totally sure what this could accomplish in a real match, other than confusing your opponent for all of a quarter of a second...

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
hey, if you predict it happening, and your opponent is confused for a quarter second, that's enough time to get off a tilt, or maybe even a down smash.

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
Awesome, But wouldn't it be easier just to roll behind the opponent and grabbing them?

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
Nice Find. I'd say it's really useful for mind games. Also it would set someone up for a grab, fsmash, dsmash, or ftilt.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If anything I'm just happy that you used the term Wall of Wolf or Wolf Wall. ^_^

If the timing could be master (such as a Super Wavedash in Melee) that would be wicked because it looks very easy to Dsmash the opponent afterwards.

Top Bottom