• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique: Smash Boosting Read This!

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
ok, so i was searching throuhg some videos on youtube and found one of a tech called smash boosting that isnt't listed or mentioned on smashboards. i did not at all find this tech. i am just bringing to the smash boards atention.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

what it is is you use your dash momemtum into a sliding up smash.

1. you start a dash
2. hit down on C-stick to start dash attack
3. you hit up+Z immediatly to cancel into a up smash

it is most useful with snake who can move just over halfway over FD while charging his up smash. it can be done with any character, but isnt good with all of them. so discus and give me som input.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
ok, i searched tactcs sticky and there was nothing, so i jsut was giving a heads up, so ok

KiRdaY

Smash Cadet
I can't do it with sheik using the z button for the smash, but for some reason its a lot easier when i have my index finger on the A button.

Magus420

Smash Master
If anyone can successfully do this with Sheik on command let me know. I haven't got it once with her.
After a couple minutes I was able to do it almost everytime with Sheik but...

I can't do it with sheik using the z button for the smash, but for some reason its a lot easier when i have my index finger on the A button.
^^ ...this was the only way I was able to do it reliably. I wasn't able to get it with Sheik using Up+Z (I would always boost grab instead by cancelling the DA with a grab rather than an u-smash), but it was easy enough by hitting down-C and immediately hitting Up+A on pretty much the next frame (with my index finger already on the A button).

Hmm...

After hitting the c-stick it makes the Z/Grab button temporarily function as an attack button (if you c-stick smash then hold Z it charges it like holding A would). Perhaps the Z/Grab button doesn't work as an A/Attack button until after 1 or more frames pass following a press on the c-stick?

If that's the case and Sheik's needs to be cancelled the frame directly after dashattacking that would explain why I was not even ONCE able to cancel it using Up+Z, but immediately when I tried with Up+A instead I had more than an 80% success rate.

Does anyone do Sheik's using C-Down -> Up + Z/Grab?

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Any snake main knows this. It's called many names for him including mortar sliding and cromsliding(his upsmash slides around half of FD). Some do it with just the A button(PsychoMidget), and others use the c-down upZ(like me).
DanteLinkX named doing this IASA frame cancel the DLX cancel, and that is on the big compilation of techniques. I still think of it as IASA frame cancel, except with Snake, cuz his is too awesome to be paired with the rest.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my snake friend does it a lot now. its sooooo anoying honestly lol i cant do it much.

like IMMEDIATLY or a second or less RUN> c stick down>up A + Z?

Choppah

Smash Rookie
After hitting the c-stick it makes the Z/Grab button temporarily function as an attack button (if you c-stick smash then hold Z it charges it like holding A would). Perhaps the Z/Grab button doesn't work as an A/Attack button until after 1 or more frames pass following a press on the c-stick?
Change the Z button to attack on your controls.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
i was trying to do it with the up Z button for a good hour...i could do it but could never max the distance...using the A button is awkward but easier

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
this tech is too hard,but it can be used with any atk button ? in 1/4 of speedy i did it just with "A"

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
DanteLinkX named doing this IASA frame cancel the DLX cancel, and that is on the big compilation of techniques. I still think of it as IASA frame cancel, except with Snake, cuz his is too awesome to be paired with the rest.
It's not IASA <frame> at all, because you can only cancel it into an upsmash, and you cannot interrupt it after a certain point.

clace

Smash Journeyman
I remember doing this in melee. If memory serves me right this is so old this advanced technique has stopped working, become senile, went to the home and died In It's sleep...What?

...What!?

IT DIED PEACEFULLY!

Top Bottom