• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new "technique"...maybe?

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
Well i was messing around fighting that dang sandbag waiting for my online match to start and i might have found a new "technique." but i think its more accurate just to call it a combo, but i wanted to get your attention.

anyway, its very simple, but very easy to start up and can lead to lots of options (at least against the guy i was playing).

we all know that if you jab 3 times he does a simple combo. it is built right into the game. however, what we (or at least, i) didnt know was that it is almost like marths forward b. if you jab, jab, wait just a hair, up tilt, the animations are FLUID. if they are zero, you can usually up tilt again. after that, you can follow with a fair, into a nair or another fair. if you do fair to nair, you will do a 18% combo total, and it leaves you in a good position to force palm because you are just out of reach of most or all characters.

i havnt tested this extensively, but it has proven handy for me thus far.

feel free to rip it to pieces now =[

marmot333

Smash Rookie
I'll try it to see how it works out. Is there any lag at all between the second hit and the tilt?

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
These are jab cancels and a variety of characters can do them. Luigi's jab-jab-firepunch sounds like it's brutal.

Milln

Smash Champion
This is possible, but somewhat risky if you haven't got it down or if they get a good DI on you. The enemy has barely enough time to get a midair dodge in, so the technique can fail. However; A, A, utilt is stupendous. <3

Yeah, you can do this with Ike as well. A,A,UTilt = evilly delicious setup

You can also cancel your Jab AAA with a Shield too, although that takes some timing. Lucario could very well utilize this particular tech pretty well considering his comboability is so high.

Plus it means you can approach with a Jab and fall into a combo

A, A, B or >B would be murder at high percents. :D

Gaetele

Smash Rookie
If you have a fully charged Aura Sphere and your opponent is at medium/low percentages, Jab Jab Force Palm -> Aura Sphere is a great damager. It remains useful later on as a killing blow, as well, although you would probably be better off just going Jab Jab Aura Sphere.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
How curious, I found this out today too, but I was doing jab jab force palm. I dont think its unescapable though, as higher level CPUs seem to be able to jump out of it after the two jabs. Perhaps Im not doing it fast enough.

Cinder

Smash Master
How curious, I found this out today too, but I was doing jab jab force palm. I dont think its unescapable though, as higher level CPUs seem to be able to jump out of it after the two jabs. Perhaps Im not doing it fast enough.
Same here...but I think it may be fast enough to be near unavoidable, if you do it fast enough...

Top Bottom