• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique Discovered-Wall Clinging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickOnTheLink

Smash Cadet
My friend just forwarded me this from Brawl Central

Wall Cling

"How it works: When close to the wall, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Squirtle will automatically stick to the wall. It seems they may be the only three, or at least from the starters, that can do this. The article DOES mention that the characters can cling to the wall for a little bit, but doesn't specify how long exactly. My guess is 2-3 seconds. When on the wall, you tilt the joystick in the opposite direction to do a wall hop without wasting a midair jump. Yoshi and Chris from Brawl Central discovered this exclusively, once again. "

I wonder what new gameplay strategies will come of this and if any other characters will have this ability.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
With FD being confirmed, this seems pretty pointless...

It is innovative, however, and will probably make those three characters much more unique in that sense.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
lets just get this out the way...

ZOMG KNUCKLEZ IN SPIDERPIG CONFIRMED!1!!ONE!1!ELEVEN!!

Accordingly only a few characters can do it, so it could give some characters a slight advantage.

Also, only certain characters can crawl too

Micahc

Smash Ace
With FD being confirmed, this seems pretty pointless...

It is innovative, however, and will probably make those three characters much more unique in that sense.
What does final Destination have to do with a new technique?

Anyways, a tweaked wall jump sounds pretty good... mindgames anyone?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
...If this turns out to be true, then it seems like they're just begging to put Knuckles in the game. Gliding AND Wall Cling? This is like exactly describing Knuckles' special abilities. If they really do have wall cling but no Knuckles, I'll be teh uber sad panda, cause everytime someone glides or wall clings, I'll just think of how perfect it would be if that were Knuckles.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I would imagine this to work alot like wall jumping in Mario Galaxy, how you cling to the wall momentarily, then slide down.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
...If this turns out to be true, then it seems like they're just begging to put Knuckles in the game. Gliding AND Wall Cling? This is like exactly describing Knuckles' special abilities. If they really do have wall cling but no Knuckles, I'll be teh uber sad panda, cause everytime someone glides or wall clings, I'll just think of how perfect it would be if that were Knuckles.
Its so sad that they make so many sweet potential features for certain characters that end up getting nerfed as playable characters... Not that there is any evidence denying Knuckles, but also none supporting, so I'm leaning towards not. :(

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Old news, but the post neglected to mention Lucario is the 4th known character to do this. Diddy, Sheik, Squirtle, and Lucario. There's more in-depth information on it:

Wall Clinging - An in-depth look at this new exclusive tech (also: Wall Jumping)

Squirtle is the only one of these characters to not also have a wall-jump. The others can wall-jump from a wall-cling.
Actually, so can squirtle. Squirtle just can't walljump normally. The others can wallcling, wallcling-walljump, air control towards the wall and walljump again, sure.

But squirtle gains a "walljump" through wallclinging ;). He just can't do it without clinging ;___;.

MewDorf

Smash Cadet
Santa Barbara, CA but currently Azusa, CA
Old news, but the post neglected to mention Lucario is the 4th known character to do this. Diddy, Sheik, Squirtle, and Lucario. There's more in-depth information on it:

Wall Clinging - An in-depth look at this new exclusive tech (also: Wall Jumping)

Squirtle is the only one of these characters to not also have a wall-jump. The others can wall-jump from a wall-cling.
Thank you for mentioning Lucario, i thought that was obvious. I also think they should give it to falcon, just cause hes awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom