• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech Video: Turnip Free-Pull Tricks

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I'll just warn you right now, there's a lot of reading in the video as well as demonstrations of some pretty basic things that you'll probably already know, so some of you may want to just skip ahead to the middle.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FieBCZAn_o0

DarkWarCloud discovered Free-Pulling, Phanna popularized it in a video, and there's a few other people before me who realized you could free-pull off the edge to cancel the pulling animation, so even there I was beat to the chase.

This is pretty much just a video I made to try and throw around a few ideas about how these techniques can be somewhat expanded on as well as to put all of these concepts into a single video for anyone new to some of these techniques.

Also, I'm not a Peach player(I'm hardly even a Brawl player), this is just stuff I noticed while screwing around during my Peach run through All-Star mode(Gotta' get all of those achievements(Don't care if they're called Challenges)). So don't ask me for extra tips on how to play Peach or anything like that, I simply won't know.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That video is awesome. Peach can do some awesome stuff if you B-stick with her.

I hope this attracts more people into using Peach.

I added your video to the Video thread.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
That is seriously awsome.

If i could actually play peach well I may consider that. I just went out and bought a classic controller and a GC one (it's really cheap, so I'm gonna avoid using it, lol, j/k) I might try it, since I'm still getting used to it.

Thanks for the video, it was really helpful!!!!

FuFu300

Smash Cadet
Amazing. This really makes me consider setting the C-Stick to special moves for Peach...

Unless I can learn how to do it without the C-Stick!

Yup, I'm gonna try that.

Edit: After trying this out with just using B, then discovering how easy it is with the C-Stick, I don't see why I didn't turn to using the C-Stick earlier. I've only really practiced in Training Mode, so I don't know how this will do against humans, but with Turnip Free-Pulls, I feel much more mobile. The edge camp tricking is really neat! I especially like how you can float out of it.

I suppose I'll make it so that I have a specific name that I always use when I'm Peach.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
You can use a Gamecube controller by setting the C-Stick to Special. I'm not sure if you can do this with a Classic controller. I don't have one so I don't really know how the second analog stick works with the Classic controller.
i know that i'm asking a stupid Q but how can i set the C-stick?

i have been tring to do it for almost a day now:(

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
i know that i'm asking a stupid Q but how can i set the C-stick?

i have been tring to do it for almost a day now:(
Press the power button on the Wii Console> Insert Super Smash Brothers Brawl disc into Wii Console>Select Super Smash Brothers Brawl from the Wii menu>Start the game>Wait for the opening cinematic to end>Press start>Mail me $50>Select Options>Select Controls>Select the profile you wish to customize the controls for>Select the type of controller you want to customize the controls for>Customize the controls>Press B to go back>Press B to go Back>Press B to go back>Press B to go back>Select Solo>Select Training>Set your profile name>Begin a Training match to make sure you didn't !@#% anything up.

Vagion

Smash Rookie
Would you guys say that this is worth not being able to do aerials with the C-stick? :confused: Im too used to using the C-stick for aerials and I don't know which would be more useful.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
Niko_K discovers effing everything.

Anyways... As useful as that could be, I don't think it has as much potential gain as much as potential loss. If I switch the c-stick to B, I can't retreat toss anymore. And I do that a lot. Lol.

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
I've tested it and can say I find the c-stick much more valuable to have. I am sure it was my lack of practice but i could do the free pull tricks all the time except when it mattered and then for unexplainable reasons it just wouldn't work and I would get killed or something. Oh well, but it was cool to try out. I am going to leave x on grab or shield though. Its handy as I alwasy use y to jump.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
awesome discovery. I'll have to try it out.
I have to agree with Taldarin though. I dont see the gain you get by plucking out the vegetable a second faster :/

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Hey! HEY! I found sumthing to add to this. its kinda hard to do but if u "dashdance" and do the TFP correctly peach will go sliding! like about 2X the distance of the normal tfp

I feel special i disovered more properties to an at ^.^

hope it helps :D

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
Hey! HEY! I found sumthing to add to this. its kinda hard to do but if u "dashdance" and do the TFP correctly peach will go sliding! like about 2X the distance of the normal tfp

I feel special i disovered more properties to an at ^.^

hope it helps :D
I'd heard about something like that, I'd just never seen it done before and didn't really know how it was done, other peoples descriptions of it were pretty vague. I think Phanna mentions it in his video description for Turnip Free-Pull.

You can get even more distance by hitting back then forward before pulling the turnip.
Like I said, vague.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
doing it with dashing is ALOT Harder, because when u run and turn around and try to pull the turnip peach jumps, the start of her "dashdance" only has a few IASA frames that can be used to pull turnips. so timing is very crucial. im gonna test where exactly is needed to do the extended tfp,

hey its looking like snakes mortar slide now XD

Top Bottom