• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*new tech* Ghost Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
*this is not the Nartika Step or however you say it*

Alright, this tech allows you to slide about 1/10 or 1/9 of FD semi fast (not the greatest). Basically I was being bored and testing to see what all attacks do to an opponent that just got foostooled. I found out that d-tilt doesn't work. <,<
I did find however a new movement tech.

Ghost Walking

To perform the Ghost Walk you need to walk to one side, duck, rise up and walk to the other side, duck and repeat. What will end up happening is you will rise up from your duck and and do a twist. During this twist you will slide faster than your normal walk and you can cancel it with a f-tilt.

Basically you will be sliding back and fourth and at any time you can start a combo.
*note* All attacks stop her sliding.

I will also input that the length can be controlled. So you can be doing little ones and then all of a sudden use a big one to sling shot to an opponent.

How This Works On Other Stages

platforms
You cannot perform this tech on a platform because you fall through the platform.

slopes
It doesn't appear to affect it but it feels like it is harder to perform on slopes.

Why Does This Work?
It seems that all of the credit goes to Sheiks duck. You see when she ducks it is almost instant, when you stand up it is almost instant and it is very smooth.
IDK other than that. More testing needs to be done but I need to finish testing the footstool combo first.

All and all I think it could replace our current movement system on the ground.
Not exactly a WD but this does provided really nice ground movement.

*note* I have tested a few other characters and they don't duck as smooth.

*video* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEk9f2-OZFo&feature=channel_page

saviorslegacy

Actually, all credit goes to GodismyRock for discovering this over a year ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4DFxJLO5M
Interesting.. what does he call it?
BTW... why doesn't anyone take advantage of this? (or at least in the matches I have seen)

I'm not sure if I am doing it wrong but I am doing a pivot and traveling triple or double the distance as him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're traveling more distance because you're walking too. He's just showing the range from standing still.

I think he just called it a crawl-wavedash or something. It's not really that useful, since it can only be performed from a walk, which you can immediately stop or change direction from anyway.

saviorslegacy

You're traveling more distance because you're walking too. He's just showing the range from standing still.

I think he just called it a crawl-wavedash or something. It's not really that useful, since it can only be performed from a walk, which you can immediately stop or change direction from anyway.
You can also perform it after landing on the ground from a jump.

I'm uploading anyways just in case. If it is the same thing I'll take it down.

thanks

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I mean that you're walking after the crawl. And GodismyRock also showed the example of doing it from a jump already.

saviorslegacy

I mean that you're walking after the crawl. And GodismyRock also showed the example of doing it from a jump already.
ah yes that is true

So why isn't this useful? It looks like a nice spacing tool and a good approach.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Because of how slow it is and the fact that you can't do it from any faster sort of movement than walking.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Still, it can only be good that everyone puts up things like this, even if it is shot down. If it takes 9 useless things to find something which is really useful, it still is worthwhile. It's not like the board is particularly high traffic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom