• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech: Distanced Instant Teleport Trump

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Hey everyone, Happy Labor day. I have a pretty useful (IMO) tech that may or may not be known.

I feel like this is a very strong tool, in many more ways than what I've shown in the video.

- Fake a TeleTrump to Bait a buffer roll :GCU:+:GCB: Hold :GCD: To possibly lead into a devastating punish.
(something I forgot to mention in the video)

What do you guys think? Useful?

Last edited:

GNASTYGNORK

Smash Rookie
Yeah that is amazing, Ive been meaning to practice Ledge cancelling cause mines are on ass lvl right now, and all the other applications you showed like nuetral A and spikes and all that everyone knows about but this is so good. Imo this is so simple and efective no one who plays Mewtwo should be ledge trumping in a traditional manner anymore, this should be the norm. Great Video too.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Thanks. I searched the net for all the edge cancel vids to see if anyone covered this. None. Closest thing was False tech video where he double teleports. to ledge. but thats clearly using the edge cancel the way everyone already knows about. I hope this brings some more light to Mewtwo.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I was talking about ledge trumping with teleport in another thread, but everyone dismissed it as a gimmick. Looks like it has some press now!

Sonicninja115

Dismiss it, (۳˚Д˚)۳ ?! It's like saying ledge trumping isn't good in general
Thats what I was thinking, doing it into Bair is a very good/untechable set-up and there are so many movement options to get out of it!

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Mewtwo can also pretty much instant regrab the ledge with teleport too. I haven't seen any other Mewtwo players do this in the videos I've watched. It's risky but with practice its a good way of grabbing the ledge quickly!

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I noticed this while practicing edge-cancels the day after Mewtwo came out. Thing is that both edge-cancelling at the ledge and ledge trumping are very risky things to do with Mewtwo, the former's risk being obvious and the latter because ledge trumping is never guaranteed and being on the ledge is the worst place in the world for Mewtwo to be, plus our only option out of it is tricky and possibly stage-dependent (wall jump Fair).

Neat when it works, but probably not advisable.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Something else you can do is charge shadow ball into ledge cancel and you maybe able to bait an airdodge or something.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hey everyone, Happy Labor day. I have a pretty useful (IMO) tech that may or may not be known.

I feel like this a very strong tool, in many more ways than what I've shown in the video.

- Fake a TeleTrump to Bait a buffer roll :GCU:+:GCB: Hold :GCD: To possibly lead into a devastating punish.
(something I forgot to mention in the video)

What do you guys think? Useful?
You kidding? "Useful?"
Once mastered (...which, to be fair, might take a while) this is going to make recovering against Mewtwos even scarier!

Gotta put even MORE time into :4mewtwo:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I noticed this while practicing edge-cancels the day after Mewtwo came out. Thing is that both edge-cancelling at the ledge and ledge trumping are very risky things to do with Mewtwo, the former's risk being obvious and the latter because ledge trumping is never guaranteed and being on the ledge is the worst place in the world for Mewtwo to be, plus our only option out of it is tricky and possibly stage-dependent (wall jump Fair).

Neat when it works, but probably not advisable.
You'd have to be frame perfect to pull this off which in some environments just isn't possible and might make you lose a stock if you overshoot.

I think it might have some practical use but I imagine if someone falls for it once they will likely know not to stick around on the ledge.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Isn't buffer roll the only way to not get trumped? If so and you do this enough times during a match, you catch the buffer roll by teleporting in place. That's a disable to smash attack. I do know that it's risky, but it's hard to over shoot I will make another video on all the legal stages showing where you can do the Teletrump with the :GCR: input which is the one that's really hard to mess up.

Something else you can do is charge shadow ball into ledge cancel and you maybe able to bait an airdodge or something.
Did you watch the whole video? I did that at the very end or are you talking about something else.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Isn't buffer roll the only way to not get trumped? If so and you do this enough times during a match, you catch the buffer roll by teleporting in place. That's a disable to smash attack. I do know that it's risky, but it's hard to over shoot I will make another video on all the legal stages showing where you can do the Teletrump with the :GCR: input which is the one that's really hard to mess up.

Did you watch the whole video? I did that at the very end or are you talking about something else.
While you're charging shadow ball upb ledge cancel teleport.

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo can also pretty much instant regrab the ledge with teleport too. I haven't seen any other Mewtwo players do this in the videos I've watched. It's risky but with practice its a good way of grabbing the ledge quickly!
If you get trumped, could you use this to trump them?
It might also force them to go for the ledge to avoid the threat of the SB!

@ MagiusNecros MagiusNecros It's risky with all teleport characters, but if you learn the spots to LC then it gets to be pretty easy. You just have to memorize the spots that you can do it. It's not like it is a super small zone. The window for LC is actually quite large. It isn't THAT hard, if people can Extended Dash Dance and PP in a fight then this should be a piece of cake. as long as you know how to slip edge then this tech should be pretty easy.

While you're charging shadow ball upb ledge cancel teleport.
You can cancel the charge of SB with Teleport! Sweet!

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just so that we're on the same page. The teleport doesn't cancel the up b. You shield and then jump cancel teleport OoS.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if its known but if you airdodge at the apex of your second jump, the distance from the jump goes a bit higher than normal!

Top Bottom