• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW TATIC u air cancel!

DjRand

Smash Rookie
HOW TO U AIR CANCEL

NOTE THIS MOVE IS USELESS SO SAYS THE GODDES OF SMASH BROS ,YUNA!

To u air cancel

first need a character that is compatible Im going to use link

Then you would jump once or twice and wait till you are just about to hit the ground and do a u air, you HAVE to get the timing right in order for this to work what this does is allow your character to do there second jump simultaneously not very effective.
I have also put a video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysaT69M7d64

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
O.. K...

So you're jumping, then right before hitting the ground, Up A:ing, which doesn't result in an Up A but a 2nd jump?

So you're basically doing a 2nd jump right before hitting the ground with zero added benefits through the use of a well-timed Up A? Instead of, say, jumping and then right before landing jumping again? And you call it an AT? It's not even a T. It's a glitch.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
O.. K...

So you're jumping, then right before hitting the ground, Up A:ing, which doesn't result in an Up A but a 2nd jump?

So you're basically doing a 2nd jump right before hitting the ground with zero added benefits through the use of a well-timed Up A? Instead of, say, jumping and then right before landing jumping again? And you call it an AT? It's not even a T. It's a glitch.
You don't know this yet.
there could be some use to it. we'll find it eventually.
and, you dont understand this results in an infinite double jump.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't know this yet.
there could be some use to it. we'll find it eventually.
and, you dont understand this results in an infinite double jump.
No it doesn't. It only works if you touch the ground before you Up A (as evidence by the fact that a dust cloud forms below him even when he successfully does it).

This is even worse than Hammer- and Koopa Claw canceling (much worse) as you can only do it from a free fall (no attacks). What use could this have other than be flashy? "Mindgaming"?

DjRand

Smash Rookie
acctually you can jump twice up a and still do it just try,and dont get your pantys in a twisty.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
No it doesn't. It only works if you touch the ground before you Up A (as evidence by the fact that a dust cloud forms below him even when he successfully does it).

This is even worse than Hammer- and Koopa Claw canceling (much worse) as you can only do it from a free fall (no attacks). What use could this have other than be flashy? "Mindgaming"?
hey, at least we found something, eh?
every little fukkin discovery is adding a new block to the tower.
it doesnt matter how small or useless it is, we know IT now.
we can combine it with b-sticking, with wavelanding, with close-floor aerials, anything.
i know that this could be useful in the future....

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not everything can be useful. I'm merely pointing out the mechanics of it, how it works. Make of it what you will.

At least the OP had the decency to not name it after himself. Kudos for it and kudos discovering this (AFAIK) new (albeit pretty useless) technique.

Grid

Smash Rookie
of course you dont, you and your 3 posts.
listen, every discovery is important, ok?
each new thing found will lead us into deeper depth of knowledge, leading to more destructive whoopin.
Great argument with me having 3 posts, now if and when there comes use that involves doing this "AT" then it may be an "important" discovery. As is stands now it is pretty useless.

kthx

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
of course you dont, you and your 3 posts.
listen, every discovery is important, ok?
each new thing found will lead us into deeper depth of knowledge, leading to more destructive whoopin.

jeeze you should step down from your more than 100 post count pedestal....just cause he only has 3 posts means that he isent able to see the usefulness or unusefulness of any supposed "technique"? i hate the elitism that goes around these boards....

i do hope this proves to be useful, but it might not....just keep working on finding ways to make it viable for combat....

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
jeeze you should step down from your more than 100 post count pedestal....just cause he only has 3 posts means that he isent able to see the usefulness or unusefulness of any supposed "technique"? i hate the elitism that goes around these boards....

i do hope this proves to be useful, but it might not....just keep working on finding ways to make it viable for combat....
you, i was kidding. my bad.
and, you can't call off a fresh new technique "useless".
try it out, mix it into some other mechanics, see how that turns out.
who knows? it could lead to more versatile techniques...:p

zB.

Smash Cadet
It looks like it could be interesting, albeit very, very situational. It just seems that most of times where this might be possible to pull off, there would be better, more effective options.

It's still good to have new stuff be figured out though. Nice job.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
someone see if you can cancel a move by using this. Maybe you can take out a bomb when landing with this or something. Insto boomerang throw maybe?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
HOW TO U AIR CANCEL

To u air cancel

first need a character that is compatible Im going to use link

Then you would jump once or twice and wait till you are just about to hit the ground and do a u air, you HAVE to get the timing right in order for this to work what this does is allow your character to do there second jump simultaneously not very effective.
I have also put a video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysaT69M7d64
GODDES OF SMASH BROS ,YUNA!
UH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :bee:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It really is useless. Unless we actually manage to find a good use for it. As it stands, it's useless.

"By the way, I am a man." - Haku of the Snow

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Shut up. Yuna is always right.

@above post: Welcome to swf. Your joke is not appreciated. I almost started crying when I saw those words again.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Don't call something like this unuseful when it's barely been explored. We don't know everything about the physics engine quite yet.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol
heres something tats also useless but
comes from using the u air near the ground
use TL (b/c its easiest and u wont get the sparkle)
SH with forward DI
do a b-air
then u-air
if u did it about right
the u-air is cancelled and u get a little sparkle
above him
if done right (idk how the timing works)
u will immediately dash upon landing
thus u can shield cancel then grab, dash attack, dash grab, etc
i call this move razzle dazzle :)
lol
jk about the name but
u might find more use w/ this by gettin the timing for the dash
but u guys go find the exact timing b/c i cant get it to work consistently

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure I entirely understand what the technique is...but it really seems like something that would be pretty random and wouldn't be of much use unless all characters can do this (different weights)...

Pi

Smash Hero
If you're going to post in defense of the 'AT' then at least back it up with even a extremely situational use... give an example of how it can be used, anyone will do...but just don't stand there and post about how it could possibly potentially not be useless, rack your brains for a few minutes trying to come up with a situation in which it could prove beneficial, if can't find anything then don't post or keep trying to find ways if you're that dedicated.

The only reason people are saying this is useless is due to the way the thread was created, NEW 'TACTIC', he gave absolutely no uses for the move, he even said it was not very effective, but the thread title is misleading.

If the thread title and the post were a bit more nonchalant about it, and instead of calling it a tactic called it a 'discovery' it might have been met with a less harsh audience.

I think everyone's just a little tired of every person with a discovery presenting it as the next wavedash or L-cancel. It's not, it probably never will be. Don't piss yourself when you find something new, just let the community know about it and find some uses for it.

I do like DjRand's humor though :laugh:

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
you, i was kidding. my bad.
and, you can't call off a fresh new technique "useless".
try it out, mix it into some other mechanics, see how that turns out.
who knows? it could lead to more versatile techniques...:p
umm...i think instead of posting a random "technique" or "thing" and saying "IT COULD be useful for stuff...*drool*", you could try it out on a few things YOURSELF or even say something like "we haven't had time to try it out much, anyone have anything they'd like us to try with it?"

save time and stupidity.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
And Z-sucking for that matter?
lol.

this 10 char. thing is almost as bad as the z-walk. haha.

wTZzz said:
!!!!OMFG NEW TECH!!! hold shield and press right and then left. it's a weird type of movement only my clan knows about. you can go right behind someone and they'll be like "OMFG HAXXX" then they will get punished! i call it the z-roll. it could be useful SOMEHOW. but you all can't comprehend it because i'm too good at Mario Strikers: Charged.
*note, one of these quotes might not actually be real.*......MIGHT.

AJL911

Smash Rookie
@above post: Welcome to swf. Your joke is not appreciated. I almost started crying when I saw those words again.
Umm....No. I am almost positive Lcancelling works. That wasn't a joke.

Top Bottom