• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW TACTIC! >B into Spike!!

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
marth's spike is hard to land of course, and turning around makes it predictable. vertical spacing is probably the best way to do the spike, but its difficult also. spiking with marth is just about finding it, the deciding it is worth going for. also a mistake that people make is jump off the stag to get a spike, but then seeing that they dont have it, but going for it anyways. dont spike unless you know you are going to get it.

anyways, fast spikes are the most useful. i would stick to vertical spacing, spiking out of a ken-like combo, ledge hop spike, or simply just sprint out when they are near the stage and spike with the very front part of the hitbox. that is of course the hardest place to spike, but from experience, its also the best.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
well did........

1:30-1:35....

(Worse stage spike ever..)
Rofl, that my friend was classic.:laugh: However, marth should have never went out that far anyway, if he landed the spike, he woudnt have recovered.

To Doodx,

Um, there are 2 problems with saying ppl who rely on diar arent good players. 1) you kinda have to be a "good player" to land a spike in the first place AND survive and 2) u have to define what u mean by "rely". If u mean rely as in "i can totally land this spike so im going for it" then you are actually reffering to capitalizing on a situation which is something you should do. If you mean rely as in "im gonna spike my opponent every single time i kill them" then i can see where u r coming from.

Top Bottom