• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new stuff i learned

Razor

Smash Journeyman
okay, trying to post a thread with just "new" stuff to post just for practical stuff, not theory.

- fast fall to down-air, to jab combo works wonders. can't get grabbed too often AND you can upsmash out of it afterwards. not only that, you can direct the jab combos both right and left.

-forward-air and neutral-air as an edgeguard is pretty decent. the reason is because they both hit multiple times. Since they don't deal too much damage, you can span them without worrying about diminishing attacks. you can just fall off the stage, hit them with a neutral or a forward and jump back. In melee, falco just drops so fast. remember, just go out there and hit the crap out of them. don't spam the back air because of diminishing attack.

-single-short hop laser off the edge; kind of interesting because you auto sweet spot if you do ONE blaster off the ledge. The double isn't that cool anymore. If you just go up vertically, and do a single blast off the ledge, you can grab the ledge without worrying about fast falling.

-infinite ledge stall. MUCH easier to do with the firebird and the side-B. you can do it really easily, just push the d-pad away, instead of down to get off the ledge. A lot easier than it sounds.

-upsmash out of shield. hitting out of shield is really useful in brawl compared to melee; you can just play it safe and then hit them with an upsmash.

anything new, just post it. i really think falco has potential. in melee, several of the bad characters just had piss poor recovery so it was easy to put them low on the tier list. on top of that, a lot of the okay characters would have been amazing if they had great recovery. I don't think the tier list will be as helpful in brawl but we'll see. I'm really diggin falco so let's try to find some good things about him.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I quote my post in "Favorites Combos" :

Blad01 said:
There is also one thing i discovered :

1) Short Hop
2) Wait !
3) Up Air (with the forward part of the hitbox)
4) Any ground moves !

This works on every character at every percents !

I call it "******** Up Air Combo" (RUA or RUAC), (and that doesn't work if you SHFFL...).

But it's pretty hard to do in tournaments VS (because of the "********"). However your opponent can think it's an empty short hop, and at this moment... combo ! :p

Ok that's still hard to perform... :s

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
This might have been mentioned before, but during a SHDL you can buffer a dash by smashing the control stick forward or backward during the finishing frames of the second laser, maximizing efficiency and minimizing approach time.

Top Bottom