• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ssb64 forum?

New forum?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ok im not advertising so this shouldnt get banned. Its more of a question.

Since i'v recently got my site based on ssb online i was thinking of a forum. Im not gonna make one if no one goes. What do you think? Heres the up's and down's of a new forum that i could think of

Up's
---
More sections so not everythings in one place

Not no scrubs like the 200% kids and stuff cuss this forum will be kinda hidden

I may be able to advertise on kaillera if scampy will let me and we could attract those good players that dont go to this forum.

No limit on curse words, unlimited !'s, sigs (My FAVORITE).

Custom display pictures.

Down's
---
No new melee smashers from the forum could find out about the forum (For example if a melee person decided to play ssb64 they wouldnt see people here and forget about it.) -Meowkitty

Since i will advertise on kaillera there may be some nubs on there.

So i want you guys to decide. Help me out here k?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well I think that it would be good because
1. In divided sections, your topic won't be in the back page and die as quick.
2. The rate of topics will increase now that there is more than one board.
3. More Tournaments can be organized.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
The only thing i AM worring about is people staying active/comming to the forum. Maybe ssb64k's forum could join the war between gamefaqs and smw. Lol

_kSo_

Smash Master
I would love to go there if there were people there too, but I would probably also come here still. I think that if we don't keep up the ssb64 section of smashboards, it's going to die

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is blatantly advertising. It's basically saying "New forum? Ok, I'll make one, go here and don't come to SWF".

Why do you say "It's worth a shot"? There's no point for it to exist.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
hehe, i tried the same trick, advertising something, but saying "This is not an advertisement". Meowkitty, you are pretty quick, maybe if we start writing "this is definetly advertising, come shut down my thread" you will glance over it.
But on topic, maybe we could try and expand the threads on here. I like this site b/c it has your 64, ssbm, and ssbb discussion. Maybe once you open up the ssb64 thread, it could have a general discussion, and character specific section, then you can go from there. If someone just made the forum on here more than just one giant thread, then it would be much better.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yeah, i would want to make some topics about ssb64 gameplay. It would be very itneresting.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I think i've mentioned this in a previous thread, but I beleive it'd be better if we had subforum type things within the ssb64 sections. then we could have 2-3 stickies in the seperate forums and then we'd be able to have a lot more options

for example

- General Disscussion
here we could sticky the general rules
- Technical stuff
like under here we could sticky the terms and advanced tactics thread by wenbobular
and ant-d's DI thread
-Character specific
here we could sticky guides if people decide to write them (i'm actually thinkin about doin a CF guide)
-Online play
Here we could sticky the PJ64k guide

-Style/method of play
here we could sticky the sandbagging and honorable/dishonorable playing thread or something of that nature (or deluxe mind games :p jk jk)

-Tournament play
we could sticky tourney events here

so you see now we have many stickies, but it still won't get the board all cluttered. now we can have easy access to important threads..

dunno, just an idea :)

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll definately put in a word to Gideon for all these things.

And BHLMRO, how are you going to get people onto your site if they refuse to come on this one?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ok good. Thats really the only MAIN reason i'd make another fourm so there could be more sections. And for the other people they may not know about smashboards or about the 64 section. I didnt till september.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Almost every single smash player of either game or those waiting on brawl goes to this forum. Why would we make a new forum and divide ourselves from the melee and brawl players even further? Your forum would just be a slower, smaller form of the n64 section. If people aren't going to join the biggest smash community on the web they aren't going to join some little tiny forum that doesn't really have anything new to offer.

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to go with a no on this one. The forum will never expand and will die out and we will end up here eventually.

pdk

Smash Lord
would be nice if you had a little "everything else" kaillera matchmaking section too, it's impossible to get people on SWF as a whole to play anything that isn't ssb

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda confused, as a server admin of Emularena Grounds, I know for a fact there are plenty of places to goto if you want a 'special forum', to list a few you (this is not advertising, just trying to make a point) have www.emularenagrounds.com, www.ixicustoms.com, www.kailleradb.net, www.smashboards.com (you are here), www.kaillera.com, www.emutalk.net, the Wii Pwn clan or whatever it is, SG's webforums, the old Emularena Boards, and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

I for one wont allow you to advertise some new special forum in Emularena, for two reasons... one theres plenty of alternatives that aren't being utilized to the fullest besides this site, and two... it's has nothing to do with Emularena Grounds...

This post basically to me is the same thing as someone coming into the server and saying: "hey lets goto my new server... its Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] only." When the majority of people already play Smash64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom