• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Spin on Young Link!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
It's LINK! Oh...wait, link is already in the game. Well in that case...It's STILL LINK!

But this time there is a bit of a twist. It is in fact Young Link, not cel-shaded or anything.
This is Majora's Mask Young Link, and to aid him are three secret weapons.

His character select screen picture is styled like in Melee. And when the match first starts, He pulls out his Deku mask and falls to his knees and becomes Deku Link.

DEKU LINK

Neutral B- Bubble Blast - A Bubble starts to grow on Deku links mouth as the button is held, when release it will shoot off a bit like Mewtwo's shadow ball (in terms of flight path). This attack cannot be stored, there is no blowback for deku link.

Forward B- Deku Stick - Deku Link will pull out a Deku stick and charge it like a bat, has shield breaking abilities, if used in air will charge over his head and become a powerful meteor smash.

Up B- Deku Flower - Deku link pulls out his two flowers and they twirl about as he spins upwards, the player has fairly good control of Deku Link as he does this. Every now and then the flowers will be yellow instead of pink, and they will give him extra fly time.

Down B- Link pulls out another mask and becomes Goron Link! (an enemy hit will stop this abruptly)

GORON LINK

Neutral B- Powder Keg Punch - Reminiscent of Ganongdorf's warlock punch, he pulls out a powder keg, holds it with his left hand and punches it with his right. It does massive damage with perhaps the best knockback of any attack in the game. VERY slow, and enormous lag time, damages goron link by about 5% as well. and knocks him back.

Forward B-Goron Roll - Goron link rolls into a ball and spins forward, his speed increases quickly and the faster he goes the more damage he does. He can change direction very quickly with minimal speed loss, and can jump somewhat while doing this attack.

Up B- Rock Scale - An avalanche of rocks appears above Goron Link and he madly scales them upwards.

Down B- Link whips out yet another mask and becomes Zora Link! (an enemy hit will stop this abruptly)

ZORA LINK

Neutral B- Boomerang - Zora Link claps his hands together and send out two boomerangs (one med, and one med high) that go about as far as YL's in SSBM, they cannot be smash-thrown, has decent knockback.

Forward B- Quick Fin - This move is combination or Roy's running attack, and Fox's Forward B, little or no knockback but good damage to all characters past through.

Up B- Dolphin Jump - Puts arms directly above body, and LUNGES upwards majestically, covers more distance than Zelda's Up B, and goes on a slight angle.

Down B- Link whips out yet another mask and becomes Deku Link again! (an enemy hit will stop this abruptly)

Final Smash- Could be each character's respective instrument or Fierce Diety Link.

So, any thoughts?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
This is not new at all and really no Young Link will be in Brawl besides Cell Shaded and not even he is a shoe in.
honestly, dude, that was one of the least cohesive posts I've ever read, besides saying it's not a new idea, it made no sense. .____.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Don't talk about rip-offs, as you are essentially referencing clones which have been known to populate these games.

your lack of commas in your first statement makes my eyes bleed endlessly, seriously...and weren't you the one I was arguing with in thread about lucas/ness? if soo..... don't come in here to be negative, people never discuss the topic presented,they just attack it for various reasons. seriously, if you dont like this idea then try to add on to it or ANYTHING productive, posting "not new, bad idea" is helpful, and I honestly don't care if you think that, all further posts by you will be disregarded by me, so yeah...

ON topic, anyone have anything to say?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Don't talk about rip-offs, as you are essentially referencing clones which have been known to populate these games.

your lack of commas in your first statement makes my eyes bleed endlessly, seriously...and weren't you the one I was arguing with in thread about lucas/ness? if soo..... don't come in here to be negative, people never discuss the topic presented,they just attack it for various reasons. seriously, if you dont like this idea then try to add on to it or ANYTHING productive, posting "not new, bad idea" is helpful, and I honestly don't care if you think that, all further posts by you will be disregarded by me, so yeah...
Yeah, because missing one comma is such a crime.[/sarcasm]

I can post anything I want as long as it's on topic, your thread is a duplicate, he won't be in, he's outprioritized by a number of characters, etc, etc, etc.

Don't make redundant and pointless threads if you can't handle the criticism.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
lol, thanks dude. (@ Oh Gibdo)

@ vesper - I lied, I will respond, I didn't criminalize you for not having a comma, just said the sentence made no sense without one. and your posts aren't on topic, they are essentially flaming, so just stop, you're not going to win any award for arguing on the internet, and I'd rather not have my thread filled with and argument, I'd like some REAL discussion, not arguing about the probability, which is really, really bad btw, but hey, look at other character threads, this has better chances than like 30-40% of them, so please, please, just stop. out prioritized?!?!?since when did you start working on the game, I think Dig-Dug out prioritizes Snake, but it doesn't MATTER because Sakurai doesn't care who you think out prioritizes whom(btw you aren't giving criticism, you are just attacking the relevance of the topic, which is just stupid)okay, NOW I will no longer respond to you.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd much prefer a character like this over WW/PHG Link. For me, the possibilities seem so much more fun than the Skull Hammer and Super Spin.

But that's just my opinion, and I severely doubt we'll see this character in the game.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
any one have any ideas how I could incorporate individual instruments into each characters FS? that or a mini-moveset for Fierce Diety Link.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well I hope Majora's Mask gets some kind of attention in Brawl. Oh and that pic of Zora Link looks beyond sweetness. I don't care much for Deku or Goron Link though.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Majora's Mask has like, endless stage possibilities. They better get atleast that. Also, after thinking about it, this character seems more and more likely. With either Midna, Cel-Link, or this guy. Because as it stands we are always getting characters who change the way the game is played. Such as Ice Climbers, PKMN Trainer, Olimar & Pikmin, why not this guy?
On a side note, I think the final smash should just be each character playing their instrument and the Song of Storms comes up, the stage starts raining and lighting will strike every so often, usually aiming for enemies.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Skull Kid? he IS important to the story, but isn't as popular, and in the end, SSB is, and almost always has been a popularity contest. with a few retro "who the bloody f*** is that's" thrown in.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
well then SORRY for wanting more characters to change the formula. Also keep in mind that PT is essential Zelda/Sheik...sooo....stfu please dude, you aren't being helpful. Who would complain if this character was is in the game? VERY few, less than the people who complained about PT or Sonic. People love MM, and Link. In the same way that this character would resemble PT, all other characters who are 1 character alone resemble all other characters who are 1 as well (I.E. pretty much any character from melee (except IC, and Z/S, and any other character.) Your point is not a valid one d00d. I'm so tired of people coming to topics JUST to be negative.

antimatter

Smash Lord
yeah, man. this is a sweet idea. there were topics like this before, but this one might get more traffic. your thread varies on one little thing, however. every other thread suggested Fierce Deity link as the final smash.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I had a dream I placed as this guy. I killed a mario wearing a cowboy hat with Goron Link's Powder Keg punch, and I did the Zora up B and killed him again. I have strange dreams these days,

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
bump for great justice! I mean discussion, *cough*cough*
anyways, does anyone have a better idea that can incorporate their instruments other than the song of storms?

Top Bottom