• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Spin On An Old Technique

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well I was messing around a while ago, I'm not sure if anyone knows about it, and I did the teleport downwards towards the ledge. Kinda works like Fox's Up-B, just a little harder to do. It can be done from virtually ANY height as long as you are within the range of Mewtwo's Teleoport and the ledge. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBmT-aonPGY

Thoughts? I already gimped a couple of my friends with it >=]

quak

Smash Champion
yep, it's already known

however, coincidentally i experimented with it today, and if you do the same thing as the firefox stall, cept teleport towards the stage ( making a quick half circle motion with the control stick) it MAY be fast enough to be an infinate.... hmmmmmm

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Ya I thought that i already brought this up in airo's ledge cancled tele thread. I find it usefull for the random mind game once and awhile but taj is right, definatly not fast enough for the infinate. Great find tho :)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It is indeed applicable, it's just another way to move and refresh ledge invincibility. Nothing too significant. It can be somewhat tricky if you want it to be, but once again, nothing ground breaking.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
ya airo about that match, I went to the turny in white water and sadly the player who was going to bring the recording setup didn't show :( :( :( so im really sorry for getting anyone exited :( However me and my friend are looking into a capture card, perhaps we will purchase one soon. I hope!

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Airo, perhaps I'm looking at your objection the wrong way, or I'm misinterpreting what everyone's talking about. It's just another mix up for recovery or playing the ledge. It's not that risky at all unless you're trying to sweet spot so ridiculously close to the ledge for no reason.

Its mostly just a mindgame to bring about movement on your part in order to bring about a reaction from the opponent or make him wait so you can just return to the stage. It's not a once every 10 match mindgame, but it's not something you just do while they're ready for it.

D

Deleted member

if you want a stall infinite, just let go and air dodge and regrab it. I don't recommend it though.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, leaves you really vulnerable to ninjas

i'll just be flashy with the teleport to stall for recovering opponents

quak

Smash Champion
like you know how spacies use their upB to refresh invincibility on like a recovering marth to edgehog? Same thing just teleport.

or for fancy pants mindgames to get back on ur feet

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I use the vertical tele when I am above the stage recovering. It's a great way to screw up your opponents because when you tele the camera follows you. When you vertical tele it will give the impression that you have tele'd to the plat form insted of the edge. So your opponent my try and attack you, hopefully wiht a high lag move which you can then punish. :)

Top Bottom