• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New SNES game releasing in 2013, Nightmare Busters

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
lol wut

Yes, that's a new title for a system released 22 years ago, and the first new game released for SNES since 1998.

According to the game's official site, Nightmare Busters is a "masterful run and gun game." There's nothing more beyond that description, but Super Fighter Team expects to release more details shortly.

Due to pricey production costs the game will set North American customers back $68 and international ones $75. The initial run of Nightmare Busters is limited to 600 copies. It'll be region-free, so if you're up for a spending a little quality time with your SNES you can pre-order it now.

In other Nintendo news, the platform holder has teased 3DS owners with the prospect of new Zelda games in the near future.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337725/a-new-snes-game-is-getting-released-in-2013/

finalark

SNORLAX
A few years ago there was a new NES game that came out called battle kid.

The aging generation that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s seems to be obsessed with consoles from a bygone age. I wonder if the generation that grew up with the 360 and PS3 will make games for those consoles in about twenty years or so?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Countdown until the game inevitably becomes a ROM? :glare:
Sadly, that was my thought exactly.
A few years ago there was a new NES game that came out called battle kid.
I actually know of that game. In fact, it was on ScrewAttack's top 10 most difficult NES games.
The aging generation that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s seems to be obsessed with consoles from a bygone age. I wonder if the generation that grew up with the 360 and PS3 will make games for those consoles in about twenty years or so?
It wouldn't surprise me. Considering I still play NES and SNES games on the merit that it was part of my childhood, it gives me that sense of nostalgia that can almost never be matched.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Why on earth would someone make a SNES game long after they stopped making the actual console? I know people still play for nostalgia (plus the games on SNES are just great) but making a new SNES game is stupid IMO.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Why on earth would someone make a SNES game long after they stopped making the actual console? I know people still play for nostalgia (plus the games on SNES are just great) but making a new SNES game is stupid IMO.

We wondered the same thing, but then Google Maps came out on the NES. ;)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Huh... wonder how they'll get it out on shelves, considering there's not even a section for SNES games anymore...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I imagine it will be shipped directly to those who buy it.

SNES is my favorite console and I still own a working one so I may just have to check this game out!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no way I would pay $75 for a SNES game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My NES hasn't worked since...Since even before I had a super Nintendo

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm...I guess it's possible that just none of the games I have work

John2k4

The End of an Era
Did you try blowing on the cartridges? :laugh:

My NES has that flashing white screen bug. From what I've read, I need to remove one of the chips inside of it to fix that.
It would be so nice to play the original Tetris on the NES again. :b:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I thought this was going to be a ROM but it's interesting to see it's going to be an actual cartridge. Too bad i don't have a Snes though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you try blowing on the cartridges? :laugh:

My NES has that flashing white screen bug. From what I've read, I need to remove one of the chips inside of it to fix that.
It would be so nice to play the original Tetris on the NES again. :b:
I had Tetris for the gameboy. Didn't know there was also one for the NES

Tetris was my first gameboy game. One the HUGE gameboy

Top Bottom