• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash City 3 - Elmsford, NY - 5/6/07

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I've been out of town for a little while and just noticed this got announced, so sorry for the short notice.

TGT PRESENTS:
NEW SMASH CITY TOURNAMENT FEATURING
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Time: 2 PM (but feel free to get there like an hour early for friendly matches)

The tournament will be 1v1, Double Elimination ($20 Entry Fee)

All rounds are best 2 of 3 matches except for winners bracket finals, loser bracket finals and tournament finale. Winners and loser bracket finals are best 3 of 5
Tournament finals are best 3 of 5 (loser bracket winner has to beat winner bracket winner twice)!!

Tournament will be held @
THE GAMING THEATER
380 Saw Mill River Rd.
Inside Sportime USA
Elmsford, NY 10523

WINNERS GET 50% OF THE POT

70% to First Place, 30% to Second Place
(i.e. if $400 POT, $200 gets divided into $140 for First Place and $60 for Second Place)

Rules:
4 stock, 8 minutes, no items
-Random select stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
-If the players agree on a legit stage for the first match they can just pick that one.
-Banned stages: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, and Mushroom Kingdom 2.
-Everything else is open to counterpicking.
-For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick.
-After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their -character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
-Dave's stupid rule is in effect unless the players agree on the stage.
-Stage strike is in effect - each player may ban one stage for their set. Random select stages are bannable.

-No unnecessary pausing.
-No freeze glitch.
-No excessive stalling, but wallbombing and rising pound are allowed if you are using them in ways that aren't just stalling.
-Breaking any of these rules results in a loss of the match.

As usual, the tournament will start off with a free FFA tournament for seeding, which is always a blast.

There's no word on low-tiers or doubles but I'll try to make that happen, especially if a lot of people say they will come.

We also need Gamecubes as usual, so please bring one if possible
Stuff:
TGT: 3 GCNs / 2 SSBMs

phish-it

Smash Champion
Wow, now that we lost our chances of attending MLG, this is actually really convenient. Expect us there. With a Cube or two as well.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wow, now that we lost our chances of attending MLG, this is actually really convenient. Expect us there. With a Cube or two as well.
Heh, that was the opposite of what I expected. I figured that this would be a repeat of the Easter one if it got scheduled during MLG. Well, I'm glad you all are coming. I'm pretty sure I can go too but the only thing that might hold me back is the fact that APs start the next day.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Don't yeah anything yet, My (Dads) car has got to go to the auto shop this weekend to fix something up, so we might not even be able to get down there...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I might not be able to either. I got a teacher doing a massive AP review session that Sunday for an AP on Tuesday and if I'm going to get a 5 missing that would be a really bad idea. I love Smash and all but I have a habit of making it my last priority most of the time, which isn't a bad thing I suppose.

LIBF

Smash Cadet
Heh

I'll be their, interning at the place now.

Reject I hope you can make it, I wanna play you :p

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Yup, pretty sure I'll be showing up again. This time, however, I know for a fact that my friend is coming with me. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I can get another friend to come with, so that's two extra people=40 extra dollars.

So consider me and 2(possibly) other people coming. Plus, I need a chance to rematch Troy.

LIBF

Smash Cadet
Lol he's the Shiek right? I'm not even going to fool around with him this time. If he wants to play the way he did, He's gonna get wrecked :p

imareject

Smash Apprentice
i just realized how snobby my post sounds lol i just mean it wouldnt make sense to travel that far to play with like 6 ppl. so most likely not guna attend this one, but i hope this keeps up for over the summer. I'll be back on long island at that point but my gf lives like 2 minutes away soooo ill be around. hope to see everyone then.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Lol he's the Shiek right? I'm not even going to fool around with him this time. If he wants to play the way he did, He's gonna get wrecked :p
Naw man, I play as Samus, Mario, and Link. I don't play as Shiek anymore.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I definitely can't enter the tournament since I would need to leave between 3 and 3:30 but I may come for friendlies anyway.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. LIBF
2. Phish-it
3. BarBino

Apparently turnout sucked but that's what MJ gets for putting it during MLG >_>

Hopefully we can get a good turnout next time.

The Bino

Smash Lord
actually no those aren't the real results... i don't know about that list but here is the real list

1 - LIBF
2 - Phish
3 - The Bino

Somehow this BarBino guy supposedly came, but noone had seen him, but The Bino came and he wrecked of course

phish-it

Smash Champion
are those the real results
Yeah you know, as I was wrecking LIBF in the Finals he threatened to do what he's most famous for; that is ****ing people up the butt, The Long Island way. So of course I had no choice but to throw the matches.

Hahah Good Games. Why not Join AvalanchE? Theres always room for more.

Sol

Smash Lord
Yeah you know, as I was wrecking LIBF in the Finals he threatened to do what he's most famous for; that is ****ing people up the butt, The Long Island way. So of course I had no choice but to throw the matches.

That is a very good reason to say the least, bte bino yo uhave to get you smashboards name changed to THE BINO

LIBF

Smash Cadet

It's a joke name, I swear to god >.<

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
I can't believe how close I was to beating you LIBF. **** you and your Falco!

LIBF

Smash Cadet
I can't believe how close I was to beating you LIBF. **** you and your Falco!
I blame my **** experience against characters like Link and Mario.

I will never let you get that close again :p

Bailey

Smash Hero
IT is any X-Box Live trick that me and others do when you wanna change your name because of a new clan (Exampla mine is ItalianPlayaBoi and I am in a clan GXO I would have the whole clan warn me about my name so I could change it to GXO Playa Boi). It normallly works idk about the boards though lol couldn't hurt. I am tryin to help

The Bino

Smash Lord
I have absolutely no clue on what ur talking about, i don't touch that disgusting thing that you call XBox, if ur talking about that chunky miniature computer that has that giant X on it, EEEEEWWWWWW ur nasty for playing on it, and if you talking about DreamCast2, aka 360 then EEEEWWWW again ur disgusting no wonder why u guys called urselves AIDS ur full of nasty habits

The Bino

Smash Lord
no i said that touching that nasty thing that has been manufactured by Microsoft is just nasty, IMO that system just sux, i hate XBox and DreamCast 2, but like i said that's my opinion, and i was kinda hoping you would've gotten the joke, guess not

The BINO out

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
mmmm ok so yeah i say this every time but I'm definitely getting better.
If anyone is in the area of this place and wants to do friendlies just for the hell of it... lemme know. TheAmazinKEtCHUP on AIM. I'll be taking y'all down soon. I promise.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Sam. The kid with the red hair who didn't shave... but not the long *** hippy hair. I was actually flattered when you assumed I knew the rules about counterpicking and stuff. I played Fox and Sheik.

And for the record- That's a WoW trick. Have your guild page GMs about how offensive your name is, and then they change it to whatever you want.

Top Bottom