• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo Land?! I remember that fansite called Nintendo Land over 12 years ago. Is that the new Nintendo IP? Maybe it could be a stage for SSB4?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My Asian/Latino girlfriend agrees with me, too.

Usually because my "dancing" is me making the male members of her family and my family feel uncomfortable. :laugh:
The more fun you'll have seeing her in private though. :awesome:

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, at least Takamaru is relevant to a degree now. :\

I'm so disappointed right now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Talk about Takamaru, Zelda Wii U, and Ridley robots? What's all this?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That was underwhelming to say the least. New Mario titles, Pikmin, and Nintendo Land... pfffffft.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucky thing I didn't watch :awesome:

How big was the Ridley robot? lol

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
The name Super Smash Bros Universe is basically confirmed at this point. Theres far too much "U" & "Universe" referencing going on

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought it was a great show but they should fire the guy who suggested having just dance 4 on stage. Also, I'm considering writing down the names of all these Twitter haters then in 6 months asking if they bought the WiiU and laugh at thier expense.

My suprise favorites were Scribblenauts and Lego City with Pikmin beign my overall favorite.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing I loved the most about Mario and Pikmin Wii U were how outrageously smooth they were in motion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bit disappointed in no news relating Zelda. Would've expected them to show at least a little :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess I the suprise game we got was... Nintendo Land.

Was sort of hoping it would be StarFox Wii U, but whatever.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This entire E3 experience has been one of, if not the, absolute worse in all my years of covering E3 conferences. Microsoft, Sony and sadly Nintendo were all horrible. Nintendo has NOT given any kind of incentive to purchase the Wii U from the first day, let alone first month, of release. If software pushes hardware, than the Wii U is as good as dead, because after that conference there is nothing bar the first two titles (Pikmin 3 and NSMB. U) that even remotely make the the Wii U appealing. I would have thought that after the mistake that was the 3DS launch Nintendo would have learned better, but it appears they have failed to learn their lesson, and are doomed to repeat that mistake. Heck, as far as I know Nintendo does not even have the sense to pack Nintendo Land with the Wii U as with Wii Sports. This is on par with the borefest that was E3 2008, but in many other way's it is worse this time, because they are selling a new system playing catch up with the Xbox 360 and PS3.

This was terrible on every account.

This is about the only thing that can save Nintendo's showing. Let's wait until the Developers Roundtable.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
This entire E3 experience has been one of, if not the, absolute worse in all my years of covering E3 conferences. Microsoft, Sony and sadly Nintendo were all horrible. Nintendo has NOT given any kind of incentive to purchase the Wii U from the first day, let alone first month, of release. If software pushes hardware, than the Wii U is as good as dead, because after that conference there is nothing bar the first two titles (Pikmin 3 and NSMB. U) that even remotely make the the Wii U appealing. I would have thought that after the mistake that was the 3DS launch Nintendo would have learned better, but it appears they have failed to learn their lesson, and are doomed to repeat that mistake. Heck, as far as I know Nintendo does not even have the sense to pack Nintendo Land with the Wii U as with Wii Sports. This is on par with the borefest that was E3 2008, but in many other way's it is worse this time, because they are selling a new system playing catch up with the Xbox 360 and PS3.

This was terrible on every account.
Japenese companies cannot adapt. It is a well known flaw that they all have that eventually causes them to crash and burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom