• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But then Toise will yell at us for drumming up artificial support and there will be no Shakes for dinner that night. >:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WELL I LIKE SLIME BUT HIS CHANCES ARE JUNK.

I probably like him more than Mega Man since he's so ridiculous, lol.

And cute. :3
Stop it. Meanie. :'(

I know his chances are not spectacular, that is the problem with any Square Enix character. People generally want a Square Enix character, but there is so much division over which one. People want Slime, Sora, Cloud, Black Mage, Chocobo, Crono, Geno, Cecil, etc... My thought has been if we get a Square Enix character it will probably have more to do with what Square Enix and Nintendo agree upon than fan base. A reverse Solid Snake if you catch my drift. Which is why, based upon both Nintendo and Square Enix's relationship at this time, I have often thought it would swing towards Dragon Quest. I'll be content either way.

I have a question. So, is there no hazard to the stages?

The music was OK.
There was supposed to be a hazard with the pistons shooting rods at squares directly behind the characters. Obviously if the rods hit the characters they would receive damage.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
His entire argument is "No in Japan ever did it." I call BS because I doubt the kid knows about the entirety of Japanese history. It's actually the random box, not Plusel and Minun.

-Ice Climbers have two files where Pra-Mai has one
-No characters has abbreviated names. Even zero suit Samus is spelled out
-There is no other file for the random box
-Pra_mai can also be short hand for "every player"
I'm not sure how relevant this is but it's still worth stating, when you go to input textures/psas some character folders are shortened, Ice climbers have one, and some names (jiggs/bowser/PTpokemon/etc) are different.
Code:
Code:
Captain Falcon:	captain
King Dedede:	dedede
Diddy Kong:	diddy
Donkey Kong:	donkey
Falco:		falco
Fox:		fox
Mr. Game & Watch:gamewatch
Ganondorf:	ganon
GIGA Bowser:	gkoopa
Ike:		ike
Kirby:		kirby
Bowser:		koopa
Link:		link
Lucario:	lucario
Lucas:		lucas
Luigi:		luigi
Mario:		mario
Marth:		marth
Meta Knight:	metaknight
Ness:		ness
Peach:		peach
Pikachu:	pikachu
Captain Olimar:	pikmin
Pit:		pit
Ivysaur:	pokefushigisou
Charizard:	pokelizardon
PokÈmon Trainer:poketrainer
Squirtle:	pokezenigame
Ice Climbers:	popo
Jigglypuff:	purin
R.O.B.:		robot
Samus:		samus
Sheik:		sheik
Snake:		snake
Sonic:		sonic
Zero Suit Samus:szerosuit
Toon Link:	toonlink
Wario:		wario
Warioman:	warioman
Wolf:		wolf
Yoshi:		yoshi
Zelda:		zelda
Green Alloy:	zakoball
Yellow Alloy:	zakochild
Blue Alloy:	zakogirl
Red Alloy: 	zakoboy
:phone:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You're right. Let's nerf Snake and make him older. New character approaches :troll:

Any thoughts on my find for Grey, anyone?
Where did you find those scans exactly? Because now that I think about it the paper isn't printed in the same quality as Corocoro we got something like that before the Black and White starters got revealed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Where did you find those scans exactly?
A member from Serebii posted it on the News Section. I have no comfirmation whether it's real or not.

I just checked when it was posted, and it was today. Mentlegen, it may be real. Let me find the Original source and I'll check it's website's trustworthyness.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
It may be real, I don't know new Pokemon games usually aren't revealed until March or April.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, even if MS was an idiot in handling Rare at first, this was all Rare's doing. I'm just happy that we have Retro now. Let them do some original games and they can easily be the new Rare in terms of games. I'd like to see them doing a WRPG. I'd say FPS, but that market's over saturated as it is.
It's too bad that Retro Studios was being original while making Donkey Kong Country Returns. Now, the exclusion of the Kremling Krew may have been a downer to K. Rool supporters, but I doubt that'll keep him out of the running. After all, all the Donkey Kong characters that Rare created is Nintendo's property now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wait a minute... *gasp*!

BRAWL ADDED SSB64 MUSIC. SSB4 WILL AT THE VERY LEAST HAVE MELEE MUSIC.

BRINSTAR DEPTHS SHALL RISE AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE KRAID THAT LIVES THERE.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol Digimon is still around? I thought that died out like 8 years ago
It's still quite popular. Mainly the Anime was held in high regard more often than the Pokemon one... due to well, being a lot more original and not doing the exact same thing over and over again. That is, the same HERO and his POKEMON wasn't repeated.

Storyline's still a bit similar to eachother, but only on a severe basic level. The games are mostly crap, though. I think it's because Bandai tends to try to put quality into the Anime, but does a bad job with the games(obviously). Well, they did make Power Rangers, so...

Why does Digimon have much better Character Development(Anime) than Bandai's Power Rangers? Hell, why does Disney's PR versions have better Character Development? :/

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Third Party characters. As you may know, I am not a fan. Nooooope. No how, no way. I am, however, into ONE way of including them. And that way is this. Five. No more. No less. FIVE of them. The five being, from the BIG FIVE (I'm coining this term). SEGA, Konami, Square Enix, Namco, and Capcom. And this is what the roster would look like:

Sonic (No one else. SEGA has no one else who can trump him)
Snake / Bomberman (Bombs is by ALL LOGIC a smarter addition to a Nintendo game than Snake, but Snake made it in, so... I'm just giving pointing out this option)
Megaman / Ryu (Someone is going to cry if we don't get Megaman, and I don't care. Ryu is a great choice. Don't make me goes salesy on your ***. We would get Chris or Jill if I did. Anyways, Ryu is a good choice, and so is Megaman, either would be dandy)
Black Mage / Slime (No Sora, and screw Cloud. We could go with Chocobo, but I think BMage is much more iconic, as is FF in general)
Pac-Man (I wanna put Nightmare on here, but I know better. Let it be known though, I love me some SC)

Boom. That's how I wanna see third parties done. No Ubisoft, no Level-5 none of dem. I want my big five, and that's it.

And I edited it Yani
Well, yeah, Sega doesn't have anyone else in there because he's their only celebrity at this point in time. I'd totally pay money to have Gillius or Axel Stone alongside him though.

Bomberman's an awful idea. What else can he do besides plant bombs? I mean really, Dream Mix TV World Fighters had Bomberman and you saw how THAT went.

I'd rather bet on Ryu than MegaMan, the way he's been treated recently...

If we're going with Square Enix, I'd go with Tifa. Why? Well, there are two round D-sized reasons why, but there's probably better reasons, like... er, you get one more woman in the roster?

And off of Namco, I'd go with either Jin (pre-G-Corp), Siegfried (post-emo OR SC1-ish so we can have a Nightmare FS... if applicable), and Pac-Man for an AT ('cause I don't think his Pac-Man World moves are enough of a moveset). Maybe Lloyd.

Wait a minute... *gasp*!

BRAWL ADDED SSB64 MUSIC. SSB4 WILL AT THE VERY LEAST HAVE MELEE MUSIC.

BRINSTAR DEPTHS SHALL RISE AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE KRAID THAT LIVES THERE.
What? I don't remember hearing ANY SSB64 songs in Brawl. What're you on? o_o;

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@LC-DDM
I remember the popular argument agaisnt sonic was all he can do is spin. Also it's not like sakurai is against using his creative license, all captain falcon does is drive and it took 3 installments before that was referenced in his moveset.

Bomberman has many different types of bombs with different effects so if they do make a bomb only moveset it has the potential to not be stale. In addition to his bombs he has various power ups and charabombs

D

Deleted member

His entire argument is "No in Japan ever did it." I call BS because I doubt the kid knows about the entirety of Japanese history. It's actually the random box, not Plusel and Minun.

-Ice Climbers have two files where Pra-Mai has one
-No characters has abbreviated names. Even zero suit Samus is spelled out
-There is no other file for the random box
-Pra_mai can also be short hand for "every player"
Given how you've ignored his whole argument in that thread, I'm less inclined to believe you.

Especially since the file is in CHARACTERS. Why would a file for a Random selection on a screen be in the CHARACTERS folders? It would be in the MODULES folders, as that's where selection icons go.

Also, I already covered the possibility of the two literally being together the whole time, being a literal two-as-one character. By touching tails, they are at full power. So likely, the whole time, they were meant to hook their tails together.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@LC-DDM
I remember the popular argument agaisnt sonic was all he can do is spin. Also it's not like sakurai is against using his creative license, all captain falcon does is drive and it took 3 installments before that was referenced in his moveset.

Bomberman has many different types of bombs with different effects so if they do make a bomb only moveset it has the potential to not be stale. In addition to his bombs he has various power ups and charabombs

And Louies, too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I put a moveset on my blog. Just sharing the information, don't kill me.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I put a moveset on my blog. Just sharing the information, don't kill me.
The most recent post when I come back after a few weeks is an Impa post. The universe is hilarious. Anyway, @Shortie's 3rd party list, methinks it's foolish to completely dismiss Professor Layton, especially if you have considered Nightmare..... I am beginning to think people have no idea what a cultural phenomenon Layton has become in Japan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of blogs, I started my own SSB4 Blog on Bulbagarden Forums. If any of you use it, pop on by. I'd have it here, but I've already said most of what would be in it here. Just trying to spread the word to other places and such, whilst defending characters in my roster, as well as posting music, stage, and other such ideas, as well as move sets.

On Professor Layton, I'm neutral. He'd be cool, but I wouldn't be ecstatic over him. Perhaps it's because I've never played his games.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
The most recent post when I come back after a few weeks is an Impa post. The universe is hilarious. Anyway, @Shortie's 3rd party list, methinks it's foolish to completely dismiss Professor Layton, especially if you have considered Nightmare..... I am beginning to think people have no idea what a cultural phenomenon Layton has become in Japan.

He has about as much of a chance as Phoenix Wright has for UMvC3. Whcih is that he actually has a chance but wouldn't be considered until later on. There are other, better options. I personally don't like him but I wouldn't mind him and he does have a chance, that's for sure.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'all being so pissed about one character is hilarious... :rolleyes: But don't mind me, I'll never understand probably.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not as much the character, but the fact that you constantly harp on a chance to bring her up...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Nope, I have absolutely no clue. All I know is Layton has a good theme. That violin and accordion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just gonna say I don't exactly want 3rd party characters in Smash anyway.

Anyone up for my challenge?

Diddy vs Sheik is a even match up btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom