• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sakurai is also "modest" with his series in terms of characters.
If it took 3 games to add Dedede who was originally planned for the first, what hope does a 4th Kirby character have?

Toad is more likely. End of story.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At least in a Bomberman x Rayman debate it would be ended with

"Rayman is a dreadful choice with little history with Nintendo - Unlike Bomberman"
and
"Bomberman was killed off by Konami, and will never get over Snake - Unlike Rayman"

This Toad and Dee hate is too much for me. They're both good characters, end of story.

lol. HyperFalcon....Candyass. I can see it. Asage is an art theif though, so go figure which is worse.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...Did somebody just say Toad wasn't famous? LOLLLLLLLL. Of course he's famous. The most popular? Probably not. But indeed famous.

No, your point doesn't hold up, Asage. Toad isn't as likely as you think. AT's, those who actually MOVE on their own, and characters scrapped but with data are more likely than him. I don't hate on Toad, he wasn't even someone Sakurai thought could be made playable. So yeah, his likeliness is kind of low as of right now. It should change, no lies.
Yes you are! You've been doing it the entire time! @\-/@

And yes, my points were valid. You just don't want to kiss up to the guy who is clearly voted "Idiot" of the thread ;)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate on Toad, he wasn't even someone Sakurai thought could be made playable. So yeah, his likeliness is kind of low as of right now. It should change, no lies.
I don't think Sakurai ever cornered Toad off like that. That claim that Sakurai said Toad could not fight as yet to find proof even since the Melee days. Almost more than a decade at that. I believe it doesn't exist, and was nothing but just a false and misinterpreted claim.

Also I'm pretty sure Toad will get more attention from Sakurai at this point of time by how relevant he is becoming. Also I'm sure that Sakurai wouldn't just put in Toad's stats into both his Melee and Brawl trophies for nothing.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
At least in a Bomberman x Rayman debate it would be ended with

"Rayman is a dreadful choice with little history with Nintendo - Unlike Bomberman"
and
"Bomberman was killed off by Konami, and will never get over Snake - Unlike Rayman"

This Toad and Dee hate is too much for me. They're both good characters, end of story.

lol. HyperFalcon....Candyass. I can see it. Asage is an art theif though, so go figure which is worse.
MUST.....RESIST. ...MUST RESIST!! lol

Anyway, first it was Toad against Junior, then he went toe to toe with Dixie and now he's facing Bandanna Dee!? This guy's a warrior--can anyone stand in his way?!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes you are! You've been doing it the entire time! @\-/@

And yes, my points were valid. You just don't want to kiss up on the guy who is clearly voted "Idiot" of the thread ;)
None of them hold up. Toad just isn't that likely. You say he's likely because at best, he has a damn character model. He doesn't walk, jump, he's basically the same as a mushroom shield. He's not notable in Smash at all. Literally. Stop overestimating what he has. He's just... there. Of course people want him playable, but other characters are just plain more likely since they already can fight.

There is nothing that makes him more likely than any AT(of the fighter variety). You're overrating his chances heavily. Very heavily. It's be better if you stop. Every AT is a character who had a fair chance of being playable, but was given a very tiny moveset and the ability to move on their own. Like mini-characters, if you will. What does Toad have compared to this? Zip. Sakurai didn't even want him as a fighter anymore. Otherwise he would've been in Brawl by now. He could change his mind, but there is nothing making him the best Mario choice where it counts. The problem is, every AT (of the fighters) fit Sakura's criteria. They all had something going for them. Moving, maybe a jump, an attack. Toad... does not. No matter how you slice it, he just has less than a lot of other characters. They should come first before the last main character gets in.(although it's very arguable that he's still a secondary, he straddles the line, really)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Anyway, first it was Toad against Junior, then he went toe to toe with Dixie and now he's facing Bandanna Dee!? This guy's a warrior--can anyone stand in his way?!
He isn't even that cool, his fans are just rabid.... ANNNNNNNNNNNND, my poll reched 100 votes, so tonight I'll release two lists.

Top 50 Roster

AAAAANNNNND top 50 newcomer tier list~

Greys is on right now, so brb *****s.

D

Deleted member

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Whoa, did Shortie JUST call me an Art theif? Since when have I been an Art theif? I never claimed any of these Avatars. How stupid is he gunna get? God...

Also, Falcon. Just STOP. I've made my point. You didn't listen. WE MOVE ON.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Whoa, did Shortie JUST call me an Art theif? Since when have I been an Art theif? I never claimed any of these Avatars. How stupid is he gunna get? God...

Your point doesn't hold up. Only thing he's got at best is popularity. Nothing more. At all.

Might as well move on, I guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
:mad: not nice dude.
i never talk bad about you.
Your voice is dead to me T_T I have NO UNDERSTANDING of you. PLEASE! For the love of all that is god Arceus, MAKE SENSE!

@Hyperfalcon Omfg.... You.... ARRRGGG!!! Why do you do this to me?!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Me and Oasis have seen you do it multiple times, so yeah, it's not just me. I don't think you realize, I may be a *****, but at least people argee with me. You're a prick, and no one even thinks anything you say is even that intellegent.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Moving, maybe a jump, an attack
Toad was literally running around in the background of the Melee adventure mode. See, he can move. Besides how much can one move if someone is throwing the individual in front of an attack?

Plenty of characters made appearances as only trophies and as background characters; yet, both sides have equally made it in as playable characters in the newer Smash games. King DDD and Meta Knight were both relevant by Melee's time; however, Sakurai added them later in Brawl. This shows that he might make different decisions at times of when to add a character.

...I feel ignored. :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eventually we all will have debates on who should make it over the other. Toad vs Dee is not so bad, as they're both 'special' sort of generic characters. And the most likely rep for each of their series. Toad might be more well known, but he's got some serious competition. Bandana Dee doesn't really have much. Maybe the paint brush girl... But unless they remake Kirby 64, I don't see it happening.

Plus, something would feel wrong fighting a little girl with only a paint brush... At least Ness and Lucas have down syndrome , where dropped as a baby could defend themselves with PSI and bats / sticks.

Oh yeah and debating HyperFalcon is almost useless. Try and prove a point to him and he'll either ignore it or repeat himself over and over again with irrelevant arguements. :\ don't worry though I'm on his block list
:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Diddy Kong said:
Plus, something would feel wrong fighting a little girl with only a paint brush... At least Ness and Lucas have down syndrome , where dropped as a baby could defend themselves with PSI and bats / sticks.

Oh yeah and debating HyperFalcon is almost useless. Try and prove a point to him and he'll either ignore it or repeat himself over and over again with irrelevant arguements. :\ don't worry though I'm on his block list.
Adeleine. That's her name, but I like her more than Waddle Dee. That's how the debate started. What. The. Hell

Lol I've figured that out about two days ago, when we spoketh about da Waluigi :(
~
Also, if Shortie wants to convict me of stealing Art, he better learn what Copy means. if I stole it, I'd say it's mine.

@sw96 I understood that. Thank you T_T

Hyper Falcon, your bro, seriously. But man... We need to find something to agree on :laugh:

@PropToad I feel ya Lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Adeleine it is then... Yeah, kinda would feel bad for her if she made it in and had to fight the big guys. :\

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good luck with that, Asage. :p

Likewise, nobody has rated my Brian moveset yet. -_-

^ He did not win. Tie at best. Seriously.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kind of a shame HF won't be seeing my Impa moveset though. Oh well, one person less hatin I suppose.

And we're doing Toad vs Fabulous Debbie Ghirahim now? I think I'll give that one to Toad though...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Adeleine it is then... Yeah, kinda would feel bad for her if she made it in and had to fight the big guys. :\

She can create creatures by drawing them. She is definitely not helpless.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's it. If Toad wins another round I'm arranging a match against Ghirahim. Toad may be omnipresent but he's not omnipotent!
[COLLAPSE="-_-"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I rest my case.

Y u hate art?

Good luck with that, Asage. :p

Likewise, nobody has rated my Brian moveset yet. -_-
I have it! We both agree that Mario's a definate SSB4 player! (If you disagree, I will hurt you :glare:)

And I have. It looks good, but once again, I haven't played the game all the way.

My new catchphrase for my new avatar: I Rest my Case

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Was not saying that, just expressing my feel of it feeling a little wrong. And I don't hate art actually.

D

Deleted member

@Zap tackle: Oddly enough, Sakurai was allowed to have Pichu in. So I would say that Sakurai is at least allowed to make suggestions.

@R.O.B.: The list looks good. But there are a few concerns:

Shulk: I really don't think he's getting in. Isn't as important as Golden Sun and Punch-Out!! and doesn't have the fortune of Sakurai's bias like he has towards the Sin & Punishment series. Little Mac, Isaac, and Saki are enough, take Shulk out.

Bomberman: I like him and he would be a nice additions for Smash. However, if third-parties do return, I would expect only Mega Man.
Bowserlick said:
If Capcom is adding characters, I suspect Megaman and Ryu. Three might be to many. Ryu and Mario have enough similarities to make them good sparring partners.
We'll probably only get Mega Man at best if any.
Oasis_S said:
I don't think characters or stages take up all that much space.

So I'm pretty sure Star is going to yell at all of you for wanting to waste space with trophies instead of music.
Yeah, music is going to take up a lot. If there is an expansion, I am looking forward to it.[quote='Starphoenix"]Nope. Not even his music. I am still bitter we did not get more tracks from Earthbound. Not Mother or Mother 3, but Earthbound.[/quote]It's too bad, considering that it has some fantastic musics (Winters anyone?).
ChronoBound said:
Pokemon started in 1996 IN JAPAN. It started in late 1998 in North America (I think either September or October). I remember getting a promo tape of it from Nintendo Power, and kept re-watching the tape all during August of that year. Pokemon became really popular almost instantly. I remember KFC had a promotion of Pokemon early on and they had plushies of Vuplix, Dratini, Zubat, and Seel. They also had some toys too, one of them was a toy of Ivysaur that squirted.
I also remember that GB commercial. I absolutely loved it back in the day.
ChronoBound said:
Since the beginning. I would say early January 1999, just before Smash 64's Japanese release date. I did not become involved in roster speculation though until Melee's E3 2001 unveil though.
Weren't you like 10-11 years old when the original was out? Either way, having the opportunity to meet with someone who followed Smash since the beginning is a fantastic one at it. The original always has hold a place in my heart as well.
ChronoBound said:
I don't remember anything with Wendy's, but Burger King had an absolutely HUGE Pokemon promotion when the first movie came out in theaters. There was probably like over 50 toys for the promotion, and they came in Pokeballs.
I remember there being a commercial that Pokemon would be in McDonalds restaurants when I was a kid back in the early 2000s. When I went there, they didn't have it anymore and I cried like a baby.

And yeah, I loved the Mewtwo movie. Remains a ****** to this day.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Melee ~ Game & Watch
Brawl ~ ROB
SSB4 ~ Mii's
While Mii's would be unpopular with core gamers, they would be a dream for the casual gamers. I'd say Duck Hunt Dog/Diskun are better fits.
ChronoBound said:
The funny thing is that more people are apprehensive with Miis getting in than Waluigi or Tingle.
More like pretty sad. While core gamers may not care for them, they are far more worthy of a spot then *ugh* Waluigi.
virtualgamecafe said:
I doubt waddle dee or toad will get in. Only famous/important characters usually get in. All the pokemon that are in are usually important or popular or legendary. That's like saying a goomba could get in if a waddle dee could get in.
Toad is famous. Saying otherwise is silly. Also, can you honestly say that Ice Climbers were famous when they got into Smash?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Certainly a lot of tension on the thread right now, people really need to not take this thread so seriously.

For fun here's some more character themes:

Wario
Sonic
Palutena
Medusa
Marth

D

Deleted member

None of them hold up. Toad just isn't that likely. You say he's likely because at best, he has a damn character model. He doesn't walk, jump, he's basically the same as a mushroom shield. He's not notable in Smash at all. Literally. Stop overestimating what he has. He's just... there. Of course people want him playable, but other characters are just plain more likely since they already can fight.
What was Diddy Kong notable in Smash for? Nothing, until Brawl.
Meta Knight? Trophy.
Dedede? Background image and Trophy.
Wario? Trophy and color scheme for Mario.
Olimar? Trophy.

And who says Toad can't fight? Do you not know his potential?

There is nothing that makes him more likely than any AT(of the fighter variety).
Except for, you know, being one of Mario's Big 8, being requested greatly since before Melee (at which he still had Bowser, Peach, and Wario to get by first. Now he doesn't), and overall most of the Assists not having a chance.

You're overrating his chances heavily. Very heavily. It's be better if you stop.
You're underestimating his chances heavily. Very heavily. It'd be better if you stop.
See how douchy that sounds? Doesn't help your argument at all.

Every AT is a character who had a fair chance of being playable, but was given a very tiny moveset and the ability to move on their own. Like mini-characters, if you will.
OH BOY! I've always wanted to play as a plane thing that just moves slowly and blocks your path or a mole that lectures you to death or a pixelated turtle in a cloud or a giant polygon face that shoots tiles!

What does Toad have compared to this? Zip. Sakurai didn't even want him as a fighter anymore. Otherwise he would've been in Brawl by now.
Baseless assumptions, a good argument does not make.
As I've said before, Toad has relevance, being one of the Mario Big 8, popularity, and potential. He's not useless as you make him out to be.
And "Sakurai didn't even want him as a fighter anymore."? I'm sorry, but HOW do you know this? Are you his BFF or something?
And no, Toad had Wario as a hurdle (don't give me any **** about Wario repping his own series, he still served as a hurdle due to being more requested than Toad.) Now Toad has no hurdles to cross.

[QUOTE He could change his mind, but there is nothing making him the best Mario choice where it counts. [/QUOTE]
Except you know, relevancy, popularity, yadda yadda yadda, I went over this before already.
Who would you consider a better choice, Bowser Jr.? Waluigi? Lol.

The problem is, every AT (of the fighters) fit Sakura's criteria. They all had something going for them. Moving, maybe a jump, an attack. Toad... does not.
While they fit "criteria", most of them don't have much going for them except for Little Mac with his Western support, Saki, who Sakurai himself mentioned that was requested, and MAYBE Isaac (if Matthew is not chosen in his stead) for his Western support.
What did Diddy Kong have again, oh that's right, NOTHING.
Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar, and Wario just took up space on a desk.

No matter how you slice it, he just has less than a lot of other characters.
No matter how YOU slice it, most ATs are going to STAY ATs. Rather you beleive so or not.

They should come first before the last main character gets in.(although it's very arguable that he's still a secondary, he straddles the line, really)
No, popular requests should come before characters that are nothing more than glorified Poke Balls.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I have an N64 EMU. I'll find Quest 64, maybe.
I can send you a link(PM's only). Also, try the Japanese version titled Eletale Monsters. It's superior, but in Japanese. :p

@GY: None of those points even work. At all. I don't need to respond to something that doesn't make sense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know I's AmeriCAN.

EDIT: Oh w8, you meant a different game... Sure, why not? Google Translate ftw.
No, they're partially the same game. Eletale Monsters is the updated version of it. It is literally superior, because it does everything completely better. It's not like Link's Awakening DX where the changes might not be popular.(losing your Rooster is not a favorite, after all) In it, you can get more than one enemy drop, critical hits, there's more overall music, and an actual cutscene at the end of the game. Also, you get better items near the start of the game. It came out in America first.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No, they're partially the same game. Eletale Monsters is the updated version of it. It is literally superior, because it does everything completely better. It's not like Link's Awakening DX where the changes might not be popular.(losing your Rooster is not a favorite, after all) In it, you can get more than one enemy drop, critical hits, there's more overall music, and an actual cutscene at the end of the game. Also, you get better items near the start of the game. It came out in America first.
Ok, then send both to me, and I'll rate your set when I beat it. I hope they work with Project64

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who are the Big 8 of Mario, and are Daisy and Waluigi one of them? If so, I'm not taking that list serious unless its being called the Big 6.

D

Deleted member

@GY: None of those points even work. At all. I don't need to respond to something that doesn't make sense.
Translation: "I have no legitimate argument, so I am going to denounce your points and not bother trying to make a rebuttal."

Seriously, are you going to pull a Diddy Kong on me?

EDIT: Never mind. Don't bother continuing this argument. It's already clear you have lost so I have no need to press on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your arguements are pretty ****ty though. Even he has reasons to point that out.

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom