• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik Tech: Air dodge Nair Cancel

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
This tech honestly isn't that big, but it's probably still useful nonetheless. I figured other Sheik's should at least know about this tech. Basically, if you shorthop and air dodge, you can cancel the air dodge landing lag by using a Nair or Fair just before landing. This has some applications while approaching. I made a video on it which can be seen below.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Sadly the nair hitbox does not come out, but it's definitely better than just airdodging around. I find fullhop airdodge more useful personally.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This is something all characters can do I believe. Some characters have moves with hitboxes that actually come out before they land (Peach's nair for example), some don't. This isn't really very useful except maybe as an approach option, and Sheik probably doesn't need more approach options that she currently has. Don't think it's very useful imo.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
So.... this is a L-cancel, where L is the villain this time around and it's lag is the one being canceled? Life is a box full of surprises, huh?
This isn't even close to L-cancelling. This is an old tech that was debuted "dodge cancelling" where a few characters (marcina, peach, falco off the top of my head) can short hop airdodge and then throw a hitbox before they're able to land, Sheik isn't one of those characters so all she does is throw out a nair after the short hop airdodge but the hitbox doesn't come out, so essentially, it just replaces the airdodge lag with nair's lag which is almost nonexistent.. so yeah.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
This tech has been discovered many times before. I first saw it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY and I've seen some other threads and videos about it too.

Personally I don't find it all that helpful usually but it can be a pretty good mixup. With Sheik or MK I sometimes do it into ftilt or with Bowser into grounded upB. But since there is still some vulnerability in the middle you can't always just go jumping into someone's rapidjab and expect to easily beat it out.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
This isn't even close to L-cancelling. This is an old tech that was debuted "dodge cancelling" where a few characters (marcina, peach, falco off the top of my head) can short hop airdodge and then throw a hitbox before they're able to land, Sheik isn't one of those characters so all she does is throw out a nair after the short hop airdodge but the hitbox doesn't come out, so essentially, it just replaces the airdodge lag with nair's lag which is almost nonexistent.. so yeah.
So.... it basically is L-canceling. I mean in the generated effect from the tech.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think it was meant as a joke in that you are 'cancelling the L'

Regardless, not all characters can do this, but most indeed can.

Sheik CAN however, sh airdodge dair and the hitbox will come out. Not sure how useful THAT is tho =P

Top Bottom