• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik Kill Setup. THIS IS BIG. GROUNDBREAKING.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
Hey guys. I am delighted to announce, that I have just found the OPTIMAL kill setup with Sheik. I uploaded a video on Youtube. Please go check it out. AND MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION! This is absolutely my greatest contribution to the Sheik metagame. This should prove to be extremely useful. https://youtu.be/Xa2ufFrSaNg

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, interesting! Have you tried testing it to see if it's possible to break out of, though? To me it seems like there's a lot of time to react after u-tilt sends your opponent flying. Nonetheless, I'll keep this in mind for practice later.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
holy **** brb labbing. This is too good to be true.

Clearly registered as a true combo.
if it registers as 2 hit in training mode it DOES indeed work. but, theres still the possibility of changes with DI. with this being said, the combo works on Sheik from 49-76. whether you use it at kill percent or not. its still HUGE damage. keep in mind also that Sheik is one of the lightest character in the game. This is why i tested it on her. imagine the possibilities on heavies. man oh man. everyones gonna be even more angry at us Sheiks :]

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Let's not jump the gun. The video shown only shows it against Sheik, there's the possibility this wouldn't work on other characters depending on their hurtbox (sheik's hurtbox is quite large) etc. also it's not easy to land utilt in the first place.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
this more of an "optimal" punish, rather than something to execute starting from neutral. but yes, in the neutral, this cant be easy.nonetheless, this opens up possibilities.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Let's not jump the gun. The video shown only shows it against Sheik, there's the possibility this wouldn't work on other characters depending on their hurtbox (sheik's hurtbox is quite large) etc. also it's not easy to land utilt in the first place.
Well, of course, I meant if this turns out to be really big and all.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I could see DI messing that up hard. Also is it a specific hitbox on utilt? Noticed you were right on top of them for it. How % specific is it too? :o

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Pretty sure this is a true combo even with DI. Maybe not a sweet spot in that case but definitely not a confirmed kill on alot of other characters. Since Sheik is pretty light :/ Nice find, True combos are swell. ;)

Protassium

Smash Rookie
Nice find m8

If they DI to the left or right you can just predict that, but this looks likr a true combo anyways.
Hopefully percents will be found out for other characters.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Welp, GG everybody else. Sheik Brawl MK Tier confirmed :yeahboi:.

Nice find. Would DI'ing up and away mess it up though?

Last edited:

keikashi12

Smash Cadet
NNID
keikashi12
Thats a nice find. ^_^ If this turns out to be an actual lethal setup ,we as sheik mains are definitely going to have problems with the media (smash community) but the setup for it will be challenging though. I don't find myself using up tilt too much

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Just hope this won't bring tons of Sheik posers once people start to know she can do that.... and of course, shall the hand of nerf not harm us neither.
If it does they'll just whine about Sheik's high skill floor/roof and drop her like a sack of potatoes anyways. Let them come, they are not prepared for the dedication. >..>

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I may be wrong on this one but here are some things I tested and found.

1. You have to make sure both hits of the u-tilt connect for this to kill at 76%
2. I tested this at the same % on a little mac(right below sheik in weight) and it would not kill him but right below him it would kill ZSS so possible DI/fall speed may have a factor on this.

back to the lab~

gsmVoiD

Smash Cadet
I don't find this as reliable as stated due to how close you have to be to them during the second hit for it to register as true & factoring in rage, but it's a good option.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Super interesting! Great find @ smashPony smashPony . Trying to think of situations where an utilt might connect like that. Catching people landing unsafely or after a spot dodge, I suppose. Will def try this out.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
While this is pretty interesting and cool (Figures, Sheik :smirk:) I'm not buying it. DI upwards or outwards and I 100% believe Usmash will not connect.

I'm surprised also that Utilt could true combo into something. Has this been tested with the target buffering an airdodge? Because Training's combo counter is a little fraudulent and can register things that can sometimes be dodged before the next hit.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
While this is pretty interesting and cool (Figures, Sheik :smirk:) I'm not buying it. DI upwards or outwards and I 100% believe Usmash will not connect.

I'm surprised also that Utilt could true combo into something. Has this been tested with the target buffering an airdodge? Because Training's combo counter is a little fraudulent and can register things that can sometimes be dodged before the next hit.
There has probably been minimal testing on human targets. I plan trying some stuff out with my partner when he gets back this evening from wherever the heck he went.

probably wont work on jiggluypuff
Jigglypuff lives at very weird percentages, I'd go fifty-fifty with the odds of it killing jiggs just because of that. Unless you're talking about Usmash actually hitting in which case it just needs to be tested out. Either way, it's still up there on whether or not it will work.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

Utilt true combos into bouncing fish at some rather specific percents. :227: (not at all practical but it's a possible followup if you ever get a utilt)

Fun fact: all of Sheik's moves combo into bouncing fish one way or the other except for up throw, jab, and bouncing fish itself.

Last edited:

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
not sure how important this will be considering there are way to many variables to see if it could be viable ill test when i get back from vacation.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Looks more like a mix-up to me, especially if you take DI and character weight into account. Still a good find though.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
probably wont work on jiggluypuff
Utilt true combos into bouncing fish at some rather specific percents. :227: (not at all practical but it's a possible followup if you ever get a utilt)

Fun fact: all of Sheik's moves combo into bouncing fish one way or the other except for up throw, jab, and bouncing fish itself.
I did not know that O8 Time to abuse the heck outta this!

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196

I could probobly find some way that up throw and BF can combo into each other. I'm sure you can bouncing fish off wall twice and with correct timing it would be a true combo. Up throw can probobly true combo if up up throw -> BF off of wall closeby. Usable in tournament? No, True combo? Likely.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I could probobly find some way that up throw and BF can combo into each other. I'm sure you can bouncing fish off state twice and with correct timing it would be a true combo.
EDIT: Nevermind, seems it won't let me upload gifs for some reason?

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I could probobly find some way that up throw and BF can combo into each other. I'm sure you can bouncing fish off wall twice and with correct timing it would be a true combo. Up throw can probobly true combo if up up throw -> BF off of wall closeby. Usable in tournament? No, True combo? Likely.
Yesterday I hit Yoshi's double jump and then hit her again with BF's second hit.

Last edited:

W_is_for_Wumbo

Smash Rookie
it's awesome to see how people are using sheik's creative potential like this. looking forward to trying this out soon

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice

Technically bouncing fish can do the multiple hits, but it would be extremely situational to be a true combo. I have landed a bouncing fish, they bounced off the wall (so not true, but no tech) then the took the second hit of BF sending me onto the stage. Perhaps off a duck on duck hunt something could go BF to BF(duck) to BF (person)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Actually now that I think about it, I remember I true combo'd jab to bouncing fish once, but it was in training mode with like 650% lol.

So that leaves only uthrow and bouncing fish.

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
Actually now that I think about it, I remember I true combo'd jab to bouncing fish once, but it was in training mode with like 650% lol.

Pretty sure me and Spark31 (might) have covered those, however situational those might be. And if you count Master Hand, BF can be used multiple times without leaving his hitbox. While this is a stretch, it is true if he is not in the process of using a move. Unless there is something I am not thinking of in the definition of a true combo.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Well I mean generally it would be used on actual characters so that it would be at least possible (not likely, however) in actual competitive play, so I wouldn't really count Master Hand in lol.

pokio55

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokio55

Do not forget about dair!

Also, now you know the true power of up tilt

Top Bottom