• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New PR System, all states applicable!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
...you do realize that a 50+ man round robin is a horrible idea, right?

also, 2nLio, you wouldn't be spending 10 bucks to just be on the PR. it would be run with a normal pot split and everything, but the RanBat point system would be implemented based on your placing.
lol i kno, im just saying it wont take days to complete

im looking for a system to use for PA, but if OOS isn't even considered then there's absolutely no way itl work here. Practically every tourney any PA player is at (even tourneys in our state) has atleast 50% OOS attendance.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
what a PR for a state is "the best/most consistant of the players that participate in this states tournies"

OOS players generally don't get on other states PR's for the same fact that people dont go to one tourny in a period, and win, and get high on their own states PRS, cuz one or even two sometimes don't make a difference on the whole.

but if 50% of ur tournies are OOS, consistant, just coutn them as ur own states players, they are coming out to ur state (traveling) and potentially doing well? sounds like they deserve the recognition to me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Thats an interesting idea, though it's also the other way around as well. I'd say about half of all of the active PA player's tourneys are OOS tourneys because NJ NY and PA are so close to each other.

M@v

Subarashii!
Thats an interesting idea, though it's also the other way around as well. I'd say about half of all of the active PA player's tourneys are OOS tourneys because NJ NY and PA are so close to each other.
Your forgetting ohio...Oh wait that right, since I'm stranded on the other side of the state those are the closest tourneys to me when not at college :)

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about this. It's seems really flawed. I think that untill you can absolutely decide what you guys want to do you should get a panel of TO's and respected players that you can assuredly assume wont be biased to make the rules favor them and construct a solid PR system.

DJRome

Smash Hero
a point based system is always going to be biased. it's construct will affect one group of people more than another. even so, they are useful. but if you are going to use one, you will have to know that it will be unfair to some group of people

Top Bottom