• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pit Player

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Yeah, for reasons and such, I've picked up pit. As of like, two days ago. I've used him in less than 10 matches so far. I gotta say, he's cool though.

I use Lucas and Kirby as of now. I just dropped my PT for tournies because despite being a good player, my PT doesn't do well considering I've been to two tournies using him. I like Pit because he has cool specials and character traits like Lucas does. He's got lots of utility, something I look for in my characters.

As far as ATs go, I only plan to CONSISTANTLY use Wing Refresh/Renewl/Infinite Jump thingy, learn how to steer those blasted arrows, Glide Techs, ART, Divebombing tricks, and maybe I'll inadvertantly do some Wing Canceling via Dair(if that's not wing canceling, please tell me what is). No offense, but Wingdashing is just bleh. It's gimmicky IMO, and I see little use for it as it stands.* I'd much rather learn the basics first. As of now, I can sorta steer the arrows, and that Infinite Jump thing is easy as hell to do. Wing Canceling doesn't sound too hard either. Divebombing looks like fun, and ART is just win.

Also, I like being annoying in my playstyle. Notice how I said I use Lucas? Well, Pit can easily be annoying to, and I like annoying.

*See this thread, CTRL+F "Arrow Looping": http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162420

Tamoo

Smash Master
Well, if you like to be annoying, youve chosen the right character. Pit in the right hands can be amazing and he is not a spammer despiste what those noobs do. Wing refresh is by far the most useful AT you can possibly learn and its easy too so no worries. Arrow looping is fun but restrictive in competetive options.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Well then...

Arrow looping is nice to learn.
Wing Renewal and Refreshing (is there really a difference?) will aid in a lot of things too...

Use your arrows!
I sometimes go for the obvious and spam 3 in the beginning of the match, then play on normally.

Gliding is good. Very good. Recover, Hi-Priority Glide Attack.

And I personally prefer the air, no really. I short hop aerials all the time. It annoys everyone to be in a chain of like 3 Fairs.

Use WoI only when needed (Below the stage, really, nobody I face ever likes going there, unless they used someone with multiple jumps, usually he-who-shall-not-be-named).

Meh, I stick to the air usually, just to sum it up.

Top Bottom