• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pit Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Hey guys, how's it going? My name is Pantheon and I am a generally new (kinda) smasher. I mainly play Pit, hence posting on the Pit section of the smash forums, but I do enjoy playing as Kirby as well.

The main person that I play a lot is Affinity. Maybe you know him, maybe you don't; he is one of the main Metaknights here in Kansas. I get a lot of play time against him, and it's very frustrating at times. :dizzy:

I kind of know how to use Pit. Edgecamping with the Uair and arrows are two things that I know how to do. I know all of the special little perks that Pit gets, like the slide, wing-cancelling, arrow loop. I wouldn't say I'm great though.

I will tell you one of the best moments I've had as Pit though. I was playing as Pit, of course and Affinity was playing as Marth. Well, I was at above 100% and he decided to use his tipper on me. This attack hit me, and should have killed me. Somehow I managed to DI the ground on pokemon stadium. Go figure, eh? :laugh: I have a clip of it, if anyone wants to see it.

If any of you have advice on Pit, I am all ears.

My Regards,
Pantheon

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Welcome, new Angel, name's Admiral Bowser... err, actually go by my Sig, which is "Admiral Pit" -_-

Anyways, there are some stickies on the forums showing various Pit guides. Please read them and they may answer some of your questions.
And yes, Metaknight is gay, I know. He is the cheapest in the game after all.

EDIT: As for the one who posted above me, I wouldn't go by his advice, for you'll be having difficulties ahead, and it annoys me when ppl think Pit is only good for spamming, that's not a true angel. I'm sure some of the other Pits can help you.
Rogue Pit, Sagemoon, Doctor X, Undrdog, CorruptFate, and I have been around for a while, and know a lot about Pit, so anyways, again, read the stickies which some may be Pit guides and we'll help you out.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, sorry... and rinoH will help you too, and yes MK is cheap, winning about 85% of all tournies, but I dont want to spam up the thread, so...
BTW, here's the Pit chatroom just in case you didnt find it http://kite-string.com/pit/chatroom/
Good luck.

Omnath

Smash Ace
I love how this discussion turned into a conversation about whether or not Pit is a spam character, haha! :lick:

Omnath

Smash Ace
I do have a question though. I seem to have a lot of trouble knocking people out, even with charged Fsmash and they are at 100%. Any ideas?

Afropony

Smash Lord
I do have a question though. I seem to have a lot of trouble knocking people out, even with charged Fsmash and they are at 100%. Any ideas?
Because Pit's Fsmash is such an easy move to use for racking up damage it's likely that you've been using it at earlier percentages which degrades the amount of damage and knockback it does. Some of Pits other good kill moves would be Bair, Glide Attck (Glair), and Dsmash.

Also try not to post two times in a row on the same thread. instead try using the edit button.

Also welcome to the SWF:)

Omnath

Smash Ace
Also try not to post two times in a row on the same thread. instead try using the edit button.
Ah, I see what you mean. Haha, sorry; I don't post on forums much so I don't know the consistancies that people have.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Welcome to the boards, and we are happy to have you here on the Pit boards. If you need any help finding anything or questions, shoot me a PM and ill be happy to help. Also any thread that is stickied at the top of the Pit board (or any boards) will be a good place to read to help get an idea of whats going on. This also is a good read, although its not skickied http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=41.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom