• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New pichu player. Q about stages

PINEAPPLE KING

Smash Rookie
Hi I am new to posting so hi everybody. I loved most of the pokemon games and pikachu is overrated and pichu... is well... pichu. what is pichu's best stages? I would think dreamland 64 is good for living but bad for quick easy kills. corneria is good for chain-throws and up-smash. Any ideas?

rhan

Smash Hero
Pichu is horrible. I personally like him but he's not worth learning about....

I would choose Dreamland 64. Until I get chain thrown by Falcon from one side of the stage to the other in less than 3 seconds.

rhan

Smash Hero
I definitely need platforms to escape most chaingrabs and tech-chases. The stage depends on who I'm playing against.

All of these are opinions:

Sheik - Platforms and a small stage. Probably FoD or Yoshi's.

Fox - GG no winning this. You can try Dreamland 64.

Falco - Yoshi's or FoD. Small stage for gimps. If it's not a lazer happy Falco I'll try FD. Chain grabs and easy gimps.

Ganon - FD for caming and easy edge gaurding when off stage.

Falcon - You need platforms. And even then it's still no hope.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Props for putting in the effort to learn Pichu. Yoshi's and Corneria are good for early upsmash kills and sometimes dair and nair can kill a little earlier. If you're worried about losing to CG's, FoD is a good pick for the low platforms you can tech on.

wool

Smash Ace
I prefer stages with platforms (battlefield, yoshi's story, etc) because if I am in a strong position if I am under them. I could just spam uairs and nairs and maybe throw in a fair->upsmash for the K.O. And since pichu has an amazing recovery it doesnt matter that the stage is small.

BunBun

Smash Master
Battlefield is pretty **** for Pichu if you don't mind self-damaging. Camp around platforms for an opener or grab and then no-lag up b to follow up or continue. The unique edge also makes it easier to get a non-teched fsmash edge-guard or at the very least a stall so you can dair/down ftilt.

And seriously, if you stand on a platform, you can up b down at a 45 degree angle and it auto cancels every time. You can also instant cancel between the two middle platforms super-easily. It's not a great thing to spam, since it has like....no priority, but it's good to use as a mixup or follow.

Smash Master
I think Mute City is great for Pichu since his recovery doesn't lag.

DK 64 is also good since it has far sides which hurt only your opponents and tiny edges. It's also a bit harder to combo because of the platforms, which doesn't hurt Pichu too much.

I think the ideal would be a small, cramped stage with large boundaries. Anyone know anything like that?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
man I nearly always go to battlefeild. amazing place

I like dl64 the platforms are equal to pichu's full jump and it feels like everything is auto canceled.

I think corn would be amazing because of the easy kills and if you hit the high angled fin / your B go backwards, you can't be waveshined, harder to chain throw pichu, and you could get on the gun and thunder camp them till they come down and switch places and spam B till they die.

a small, cramped stage with large boundaries um maybe FoDs

Smash Master
I still think Mute City is the best stage, since Pichu can just dsmash everyone to death without ledges.

Top Bottom