• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (January 14th, 2015)

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping for the announcement of a new Wario Land game actually. It's been a long time since my favourite Nintendo character has been on a real adventure , so I hope it's his time to shine!

Soul.

Well, hype time I guess. New 3DS stuff is a given. I wonder what titles will be made exclusively for that thing, since Xenoblade is one of the New 3DS exclusive titles.
I'm going to try to keep my expectations low for this.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Here's a Time Zone converter that I configured, in case anyone wants to know the time; maybe it could be included in the opening post for convenience?:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Nintendo Direct of January 14th, 2015&iso=20150114T06&p1=234

----------------------

Yes; another presentation! I'm hoping for more mentions of Mewtwo (possibly a unique Super Smash Bros. 4 "veteran" trailer for him), as well as more news on The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS, "Star Fox for Wii U", and Splatoon. News for F-Zero and/or Mother 3 (English localization) would just be full of pure win. :bluejump:

I anticipate something Battle Frontier-ish related for Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire might be mentioned, although I'll be somewhat irritated if that happens, since Game Freak's stance is that the games are "complete" on cartridge, not to mention that the Hoenn Battle Frontier should have come with the game in the first place.

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'm placing my bet on this horse:
If the New 3DS comes out the 26th, I'd die of excitement. Everything else here sounds decent.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
If you live in Japan where the last direct confirmed a Spring 2015 release date then it is a spring title.
Don't live in Japan. USA here. No idea if this is a spring title, I was expecting summer... but MAN IT LOOKS AMAZING!

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Please give us one more *smash trailer flames intro* and Mewtwo!! I'll have to arrive earlier at work to watch this live!

Selenite

Smash Cadet
Don't live in Japan. USA here. No idea if this is a spring title, I was expecting summer... but MAN IT LOOKS AMAZING!
It is a spring title as it is releasing in Japan in Spring 2015. It was confirmed in the last (Japanese) Nintendo Direct back in November 2014.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hope they show Mewtwo off a little bit if he's ready for that. I won't be able to see this live though unfortunately because I'll be in class. Hopefully I can watch it later on in the day.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
It is a spring title as it is releasing in Japan in Spring 2015. It was confirmed in the last (Japanese) Nintendo Direct back in November 2014.
This is a North American Nintendo Direct. Obviously we're talking spring title for North America, not Japan. =)

Last edited:

PsychicHero

Smash Rookie
I just hope....that skip over Mario party10 no one cares about thAt brunt out series.

In smash news I would just be happy with a Lucas return

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't count. He didn't get his own "Dark Pit blah blah blah!" phrase...thingy.
Why bother making a trailer focusing on a clone? The trailer with :4lucina: doesn't count since most of the focus was on
:4robinm:.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Things that Nintendo fans will always speculate in Nintendo Directs/E3s until the sun explodes:

-F-Zero
-Star Fox
-
Mother 3 re-release or Mother 4
-Remake of *insert wildly popular N64/GCN game here*
-New Smash Bros (it's been two months since the last one, what the hell is Nintendo waiting on?!)
-Long awaited sequel to or reboot of *insert cult classic here*
-Localization of *insert Japanese exclusive game here*
-Wildly improbable Nintendo/Third Party crossover
-Pokemon MMORPG
-Metroid game that somehow satisfies both 2D and 3D fans

D

Deleted member

MOO2

But I swear, if Mewtwo is $15 I will flip my ****.
It would make sense though; because think about it, Smash 3DS costs $40 (i think) and Smash Wii U costs $60, so to accommodate for the fact that they wouldn't be getting all of the money that the whole game could get them, they instead charge you up (since they aren't letting you off the hook that easily)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It would make sense though; because think about it, Smash 3DS costs $40 (i think) and Smash Wii U costs $60, so to accommodate for the fact that they wouldn't be getting all of the money that the whole game could get them, they instead charge you up (since they aren't letting you off the hook that easily)
Then that would mean different regions would have completely different prices then. Smash 3DS in Australia is $60 and Smash Wii U is $80 -___-

I mean, they COULD do a KOF XIII and give you $5 characters >_>

Last edited:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
"We will be giving all characters invincibility frames on their recoveries, as well as giving rolls more invincibility frames when you are behind in stocks or percent. We will also be removing pivoting of all sorts, as well as that one technique some guy found last week, and the other 3 found last month. I forgot what they were called, but they look hard to do, which is unhealthy for the game. Anyway, they're gone. This is to help balance the game for competitive players and those who just want to play for fun.
Please understand."

D

Deleted member

Then that would mean different regions would have completely different prices then. Smash 3DS in Australia is $60 and Smash Wii U is $80 -___-

I mean, they COULD do a KOF XIII and give you $5 characters >_>
Who knows with Nintendo? From the looks of it, it appears as though it's subject to change.

Edit: Then again, there was some Japanese text in the vid, yet most of it was English... so we have no idea what region the price was supposed to be for.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Things that Nintendo fans will always speculate in Nintendo Directs/E3s until the sun explodes:

-F-Zero
-Star Fox
-
-New Smash Bros (it's been two months since the last one, what the hell is Nintendo waiting on?!)
-Pokemon MMORPG
Seems pretty accurate.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Another out-of-nowhere announcement like they did for Majora's Mask 3D would be nice, preferably F-Zero or Metroid, but I'd really like to see them comment on the amiibo shortages and announce that we'll get restocks of rarer amiibo figures in the near future.

Also, Mewtwo DLC trailer and release date :D

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon

-F-Zero
-Star Fox
-
-Pokemon MMORPG
I can agree with this, for the most part. But I thought Nintendo has already been doing a lot of cross-over games. Legend of Zelda x Dynasty Warriors, Fire Emblem x SMT (well, there's at least been the intention to make this one), Pokémon x Tekken, and recently, Super Mario x PAD. Smash Bros. might as well count at this point. Unless something else is meant by "Nintendo/Third Party crossover?"

And I couldn't tell you if a Mother 3 re-release might happen, but I thought it had already been established that Shigesato Itoi wasn't interested in working on Mother games anymore. Plus, it may not be official, but there is that fangame, Mother 4, that's coming out soon... eventually.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Yo I don't even care about Mother 3 at this point. What I want is either a remade Earthbound in HD with 3D models at 60fps with full PSI and battle animations, or all that for a Mother 4. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Top three wanted things:
1. New 3DS announcement for US and UK to come sometime next month. Or even better this month.
2. Some Mewtwo Smash gameplay, and announcement that also with the Mewtwo Smash code you get a Mew code for Pokemon XY and ORAS.
3. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse info.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can we get a Splatoon release date? And hopefully some Amiibo function to get character costumes in game?
Please let there be some SMT x FE news too.

Top Bottom