• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New move ideas for DK

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
So i was walking along minding my business when suddenly an idea appeared. Its just a stupid move idea that i thought of.

Its basically an add on to the down B. Every 4 slams (1 slam = two hits on the ground) he slams his fists against the ground (like hit hit hit BANG). this slam would do higher damage and have increased range. Its like how every 4 hits on his Final Smash he does that flexing thing and it does increased damage.

I don't know just something to make DK even more awesome… what do you guys think?

Ive also created a DK strat that involves his final smash. I call it Bongo Guarding.

Here is how it goes: You beat the crap out of your opponent until the smash ball appears. Get the smash ball while your opponent has a high percentage. If you were able to get it then run up to said high percenter (Opponent) and grab them. Preform a Bthrow that will hurl them off the edge. Then RUN to the edge and do a SMALL hop, then activate your final smash. If you play the rhythm correctly then they will not be able to get back up. all though if you fail the rhythm they may be able to grab on to the ledge.

Here is a video of Bongo Guarding in action:

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
The slap to fist idea is interesting, I like it. Would all the hits after the 4th also be fists though?

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
The slap to fist idea is interesting, I like it. Would all the hits after the 4th also be fists though?
Yeah. you could time your down B to have the player hit right on the slam

or it could be random. like your using your down b and all of a sudden WHAM super down b. its just something to encourage people to use their down B more often

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
So i was walking along minding my business when suddenly an idea appeared. Its just a stupid move idea that i thought of.

Its basically an add on to the down B. Every 4 slams (1 slam = two hits on the ground) he slams his fists against the ground (like hit hit hit BANG). this slam would do higher damage and have increased range. Its like how every 4 hits on his Final Smash he does that flexing thing and it does increased damage.

I don't know just something to make DK even more awesome… what do you guys think?

Ive also created a DK strat that involves his final smash. I call it Bongo Guarding.

Here is how it goes: You beat the crap out of your opponent until the smash ball appears. Get the smash ball while your opponent has a high percentage. If you were able to get it then run up to said high percenter (Opponent) and grab them. Preform a Bthrow that will hurl them off the edge. Then RUN to the edge and do a SMALL hop, then activate your final smash. If you play the rhythm correctly then they will not be able to get back up. all though if you fail the rhythm they may be able to grab on to the ledge.

Here is a video of Bongo Guarding in action:
I see you are pretty new here, so welcome to smashboards!

I personally don't mind items, but generally in competitive play they are turned off. As a consequence of that, item play strategies are not really explored. However, I encourage you to keep at it and see what DK can do with items. As long as you are having fun, there is no wrong way to play. Check out some of the stickied threads and read on to take your DK to the next level!

My personal ideas for DK's Down B would be either to have the air version transition to the ground version upon landing, or just have mashing B in the the air do extra slaps and maybe a slight mini jump each time you slap.

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
I see you are pretty new here, so welcome to smashboards!

I personally don't mind items, but generally in competitive play they are turned off. As a consequence of that, item play strategies are not really explored. However, I encourage you to keep at it and see what DK can do with items. As long as you are having fun, there is no wrong way to play. Check out some of the stickied threads and read on to take your DK to the next level!

My personal ideas for DK's Down B would be either to have the air version transition to the ground version upon landing, or just have mashing B in the the air do extra slaps and maybe a slight mini jump each time you slap.
Thanks ^_^

That down B idea is good as well.

i personally prefer smash ball only. The other items just get in the way.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
An idea I had was that Down B would allow DK to pull out a barrel item to throw :D It would be pretty slow though, so you couldn't spam it, but darn would that have been awesome.

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
An idea I had was that Down B would allow DK to pull out a barrel item to throw :D It would be pretty slow though, so you couldn't spam it, but darn would that have been awesome.
That seems like a good idea as well.

Hey are you the actual WWWWario?

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
I'm surprised no one thinks DK should have more kicking moves.
His legs are super long and huge but he's always hunched over so he seems smaller than he is. Have you seen his T-pose?

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
I'm surprised no one thinks DK should have more kicking moves.
His legs are super long and huge but he's always hunched over so he seems smaller than he is. Have you seen his T-pose?
I know donkey kong is huge. he is actually 7 feet tall.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Did you know that in Brawl Minus, DK actually does that with Down B? I actually worked on DK- and had a lot of fun making and playing him. Maybe you should check it out sometime since Brawl Minus 4.0 is coming out soon.

Last edited:

ClutchCity

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch5000
Side b should be his coconut gun. Every blue moon it should shoot a red coconut (homing coconut) #dk64

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Side b should be his coconut gun. Every blue moon it should shoot a red coconut (homing coconut) #dk64
Would be cool. Would give DK a projectile. Not sure if I'd want that, actually, though, but it could be cool. It could fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
No please! Anything but the coconut gun! I love that DK just uses only his body to attack. I think I'm the only one in the world who hates all of Diddy's gadgets. I think of the Kongs like the Sonic characters, only their bodies are used to fight. Well in the early days anyway. If Diddy had no gun, rocket barrel or banana I would totally use him too. Of course those things make him more interesting mechanically but I equate those things to the decline of Donkey Kong. Luckily for me Retro made them more tolerable lol.

If he were to get a projectile I would absolutely love a barrel roll/throw! It's like the most iconic DK thing missing from his arsenal. It's like the one attack he's done in just about every game since his creation. We got the roll we can get a barrel in a future Smash!

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
No please! Anything but the coconut gun! I love that DK just uses only his body to attack. I think I'm the only one in the world who hates all of Diddy's gadgets. I think of the Kongs like the Sonic characters, only their bodies are used to fight. Well in the early days anyway. If Diddy had no gun, rocket barrel or banana I would totally use him too. Of course those things make him more interesting mechanically but I equate those things to the decline of Donkey Kong. Luckily for me Retro made them more tolerable lol.

If he were to get a projectile I would absolutely love a barrel roll/throw! It's like the most iconic DK thing missing from his arsenal. It's like the one attack he's done in just about every game since his creation. We got the roll we can get a barrel in a future Smash!
Didn't they say that smash 4 will be the last smash bros game?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Didn't they say that smash 4 will be the last smash bros game?
Hahaha. Sakurai once thought Melee and Brawl would be HIS last Smash game. No such thoughts have come up this time.

The fact is Smash is way too successful for it to be dropped. Smash will continue with or without Sakurai. So with that I try to push for things in the inevitable sequel. The great thing is for Smash developers it should be a little easier now that assets are in HD and such. This games character data will carry over for generations to come you can bet that. It will be quite sometime before all the characters(darn near 60 now wow!) have to be remade from scratch again.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well yeah, but at the same time Sakuman is not getting any younger. Also, I feel they went all out with Smash 4 so I don't want to think of a sequel right now. Especially since having Pacman, Megaman, Sonic and Ryu together in the same is a feat that would be unlikely to happen again in the future.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Well yeah, but at the same time Sakuman is not getting any younger. Also, I feel they went all out with Smash 4 so I don't want to think of a sequel right now. Especially since having Pacman, Megaman, Sonic and Ryu together in the same is a feat that would be unlikely to happen again in the future.
Oh I agree. As a matter of fact I have a good feeling we won't be getting a completely brand new Smash for the NX platforms. I mean once the ballot is over with, it will probably take until early 2016 for development to completely cease on this game. That is a TON of work for such a small user base. Well at least the Wii U version anyway. I feel like this will be the base game for some deluxe version for NX. Prettier graphics, a few new characters, modes and stages with all the DLC and all stages from both games made available in one big package.

During this hypothetical event I expect a few move changes for some characters and I will continue to pitch the barrel roll for Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom