• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Smash Invite Results

tw1n

Smash Champion
NEW MEXICO SMASH INVITE RESULTS AND ALL

First off I want to say thank you for everyone who attended. This tournament was a blast and the first one I have ever hosted (same with Kyle and Lewis). But shoutouts come after ;)

RESULTS FOR SINGLES AND DOUBLES
Singles:

1. Forward
2. Omar
3. El Lovo
4. Spiritdragon
5. Erich
5. Brown Nite
7. JRA 64
7. GoldenGlove
9. Interim of Zeal
9. Andrew
9. Mikezor
9. Hero
13. Sinz
13. Twin_A
13. Felix
13. Alphabravo
17. Tw1n
17. Arctic Drac
17. Darkwater
17. Sliraobe God
17. Zman
17. Mintz
17. Arctopuss
17. ???
25. Vitamin X
25. BTK
25. Bombshellboy
25. Lrin
25. Kashakunaki
25. Satchmo
25. Bakd
25. Johnny
33. Tanz

Teams:

1. Watch for Elk, Mother****er (Forward + Omar)
2. Team Win (JRA64 + Felix)
3. F*CK (El Lovo + Spirit Dragon)
4. 2guys1cup.com (InterimOfZeal + Mike)
5. Team Snazzy (Alphabravo + AllBoutPeach)
5. Man Up (Kashakunaki + GoldenGlove)
7. Blockus (Arctic Drac + Yuki)
7. Your Mom's my Sweetspot (Tw1n + Sliraobe God)
9. Team Possum (BTK + ?)
9. Jesus and Beans (Pice + Lrin)
9. Forward Sucks (Brown Nite + Zman)

BRACKETS ARE A LITTLE LOWER K :)

As for shoutouts. In my sleep deprived state heres my best shot at it :)

Lewis an Kyle: I proposed this tournament to you both and for the most part you guys agreed. We worked together and made it possible. Thank you my brothers.

GoldenGlove: I owe you alot for this. I used your laptop as well as your tournament director skills. Thank you for everything.

Kash: Mostly the same as Stevens - the laptop. Sorry about the constant mom joke (besides the hip replacement lol. You did that to yourself) And we still need to MM!!!

AlphaBravo: Thank you for your help too Paul. I used your basic outline for the tournament page set up. Not to mention your knowledge and everything really helped. Sorry about your rough tourny outcomes. But hey. Now you know how I feel lol ;)

Erich: Good job making it so far. Close match against Lovo. If you made that you could have placed top 3. Next one you will.

Sinz: ...Get out of my tree!

Neil: Your compliments know no bounds. Thank you my friend. Plus next time we do a doubles we will win k. For never really playing together we did well. I hope you took notes from Forward and everyone else. Soon you will be unstoppable.

Forward: As sinz said. Thank you for bringing two states. You were the only reason this tourny broke 15 entrants. Hard to imagine 1 post did so much for us. It was amazing to watch you play and even more amazing just to talk to you in person. You were nicer then I expected and you are welcome in our home any time you are passing through (maybe for your next 5 month travel lol) Hope to see you at our next big tournament

Omar: Thank you for coming as well. I learned more from you than any other smash player ever. You were smart as well as open to talk and play matches. You opened my eyes with sheiks playability. Sorry for keeping you guys up so late at I Hop ;) Good job on beating Forward in one of the sets. It was amazing. And I'm glad it was at this tournament. I hope it will stay in your memory for a long time.

JRA64: You were amazing at GH2 and Tekken! Oh my god! Your smash skills are great too. Get as good in smash as you are in tekken now. P.S. You owe me a $6 pancke MM :)

"TOM" Next time you owe me pancakes lol. It was awesome to meet you Julius (sorry for spelling it wrong probably). Take care. Next time we will play more

Felix: Anytime lol. Hope to play you all more next time we meet.

Andrew: Good matches. Close matches. Too many stupid mistakes... Good job tho at telling my brother and I appart afater only 1 day. No small feat I add.

Adam: You were cool. Your young Link is sick. Hope to face you again

Mintz and Tanz: Thanks for making it. Too bad I didnt get to play you all very much.

Arctopus: Great name. Good playing you for the oe match I think we did lol. You all were nice and cool nonetheless.

LoVo: Too good. I beat you once and that made me happy. Tourny comes around and I get schooled lol

Izzy: F in peach... Next time

Ferdi: **** SEXY FOX!

Nite: Alot of talk in doubles. Next time we rematch on team k :) You were awesome nonetheless

Mike: Never got to play you I think. Sorry bro. But you played well. Next time

KenGeedorahTakeMetoYourLeaderInParenthesis: WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU! We missed you man.

Zenjamin: Read above ^^^

Yuki and Arctic: You both are awesome and funny as hell. I was happy you both made it. You kept me entertained almost the whole time. PS Thanks for the picture :) Next tournament I hope to see you both there again.

ABP and Pice: Thanks for making it guys. It was good to see you guys again.

Lrin: You owe me a match still. Thanks for making it ;)

Breen Bros (sorry just thought that sounds cool): You guys are getting alot better. Keep it up

NM Smashers: I owe alot of you for making this possible. Thank you again. See you all soon I hope

Sorry I'm running out of strength to type up everyone else's. Sorry :( But one last shoutout.

To EVERYONE: Thank you

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
This tournament went rather well for it being the first tournament you guys have hosted. I don't really feel like doing shoutouts but I'll do a few.

Forward: I learned so much from playing you. Congrats on taking first and, as always, too good. Thanks for coming down to crappy NM.

Omar: Congrats on getting second. Unfortunately, I never got to play you. Thanks for coming down to NM as well.

Colorado: It was a blast playing with you guys at 5 in the morning lol. Besides, it was worth it. Anyways, congrats to Lovo, Ferdi, and Nite for placing well. As always, it was completely awesome playing with you guys.

NM: All I can say is lol.

Lubbock/Texas: I can't remember any of your names but thanks for coming.

Utah: Thanks for comin...oh wait, none of you were there. What could have possibly kept any of you from coming.
Easy Bake Ovens

The tournament itself: It was ran fairly well, despite the idiot who screwed with the brackets. My suggestions for the next Halls of Havoc tournament.

1. More Space. Although the venue was large enough for the tournament it was extremely crowded. I could barely get from one end of the room to another without taking at least a minute.

2. Projector. A projector would provide two benefits. The first benefit would be finals. Everyone would not have to crowd around one little tv. Instead, everyone gets to have a look. Also, projectors are useful for displaying brackets so everyone knows exactly where they stand in the tournament without having to crowd in front of a labtop.

Other than those complaints the tournament was fun. Besides the fact that my MGC bag was stolen, along with two memory cards, the tournament went well. BTW, if anyone is missing a purple/blue madcatz memory card I have it.

Looking back at the tournament all I have to say is that I'm ANGRY! I'm really pissed off at this point. My disappointing placement has only made me INSANELY ANGRY! I'm going to take all that anger and focus it into smash. No more crap, its all hardcore from this point on. Expect alot more from me next time. There is no more mister nice guy in smash. I'm PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!

Also, whoever recorded vids please post both singles AND doubles.

felix45

Smash Lord
copy/pasted from other thread
Is this an actual tourney? Would I be able to make any money at this? I'm not trying to be shallow or anything but I'm just not sure I can spend the money to go OOS without a chance to make it back.
hey you would have lost $20 if you took that bet man...haha ggs though you were really cool. too bad I didn't really get any matches in with you aside from our tourney match.

@omar - good **** your shiek was too good, those needle turn around to fair/backair edge guards were awesome, couldnt get enough. you aren't about to steal our energy drinks for a measley $2.50 though! thats like $2 a can! :p

@lovo - I was impressed by how well you did. your link is too good, you're a great player. too bad shiek chain grabs like...all of low tier and half of high haha. (I was rooting for you to win singles btw) otherwise I think you could of had forward. at least ryan and I got you guys in teams :p

@spiritdragon- ggs your fox is really technical. I wish I got to do more freeplay w/ you, I wanted to try my shiek.

@zman - hey even though I didn't really talk to you or anything, of everyone I played from new mexico I felt you were the best by a long shot. I feel of everyone there you have the most potential for playing at top level and placing well so dont get discouraged. you had good reactions and predictions. if you want I can give you some tips and try to show you some stuff all pros do for mix ups with cf, what is safe w/ cf, and how you can punish your opponent for whiffing attacks on almost any missed attack with him. also if you dont think its worth the time because of brawl well everything you learn will be basics which will carry over to all fighting games (brawl especially :p)

@neil - your falco was extra technical, but you should try and learn to predict your opponents better as well as mix up your game a little more, if you do you could get considerably better I'd say.

@twin - thanks for the pancakes they were good :)

@havox - lol your sister(?) was hilarious drunk. thanks for the housing and protecting my towel haha :)

us lubbock people may post up like 1-2 vids of me and some of the matches where jra or myself didn't play. so sorry that means no teams vids probably unless you beg to hear the top tier trash talk julias put up XD

now for complaints, here goes!

@people who seeded brackets - you know you can seed by skill level and location. tio does allow it. it is made that way so that the guys who get 1st and 2nd in teams dont have to play first round. its also made that way so that the top seeds can have a first round bye as opposed to every last person in the tourney EXCEPT him getting the first round bye. maybe I'm just bitter about how awful my luck was but I know I could have placed 5th/7th without any problem.
also post brackets plz?

@everyone - plz dont wake up at 9am when the tourney starts at noon...I wanted to sleep! at least wait till 10 or 11 or something. also take the time to shower before you start playing....I wont go in depth on that one to be nice....
also I guess I learned my lesson to MM people before I play them on the forum because no one wanted to MM me at the tourney....like at all. even people around my skill level...

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok seriously, its SPIRITDRAGON not Sprit Dragon.

SPIRIT

There's no spaces, and the Dragon isn't capitalized(the beginning S was supposed to be but I missed capitalized it and don't want to make a new one/either that or it already got taken)

Seriously, is it that hard?

Also, replace Izzy with InterimOfZeal. And Mike with Mikezor.

Sorry for trying to be an *** at our names but we need correct representation, so that people are sure we are who we are.

Now that that's out there shouts, OOS first, CO, NM.

Forward - Lame finals are lame. Should've been Luigi vs. Link mhmmm. Seriously though, you were tight, I didn't get to play you at all since really, we all know I would've gone super isaiyan.

Omar - Wtf Sheik is lame I'm glad I stopped playing her. Seriously though, very good matches, especially against Nite, I thought CO had you >_<

Felix - I do better in singles. I also do much better against Sheiks. Good teams match though.

JRA - It's the double downsmash to dash attack. Anyways, good job going back to grand finals in singles, despite the ridiculous amount of **** I did to Peach, she's holding like 9 of my babies.

Other Texas people - I don't know your names nor who you are o_O all I know is that one of you played Mikezor and lost to him in losers but I didn't see the match. Anyways, good trash talk, make sure to back it up :chuckle:

Tony(InterimOfZeal) - Way to go guy, should've finished off Team Win though, especially since that BS 16% turnip phantom was completely gay.

Mike(Mikezor) - **** good ****, I knew you could do it! Like I said to Tony, should've just owned them. Also, you guys need to work WAAAAAAAAAY more on your Foxes, you guys see how ridiculous Mine and Rafa's were? Made Forward go Falco on FD.

Rafa(LoVo) - If we team ever again, we definetly need to switch accordingly, I mean we knew we were getting downsmashed way too much and if you went Falcon we would've just owned everyone ever.

Heibrahi(Brown Nite) - "I remember you, your mom's hot" Good **** forward. Anyways, we should team sometime since like I told LoVo, Fox/Falcon would be too sexy. You did super amazing man, should've taken out Omar! Work on not getting nervous and never choosing Mute City ever

RESPECT KNUCKLES

STOMP THE YARD

Dragonforce, harder than ****ing diamonds

ETC.

Tw1n/Twin_A/Havox - Major props for running the tournament, and giving us housing, seriously. Anyways, I also didn't get to play you guys too much, but you've improved, keep at it and you'll get better.

Zman - Good matches, I like moonwalking

Kash - You even had a MM of 5$ against me in your sig!

Lrin - More practice on your Samus and it could get waaay good, technicals.

Erich - Didn't play you at all

Sinz - Should've arrived earlier so you could team with Nite for doubles. Amazing though no johns

Arcticdrac and Yuki - Didn't think you were going to go low tier on us, we should've done so too.

Neil - Stop crowding the ****ing seats!

Zenjamin/Dark_Meow - You guys didn't show up :(

Ferdi(Spiritdragon) - Thanks for throwing yet another tournament to save us all. Cause I know if you actually tried the universe will explode, so thanks again.

Crews - Didn't happen, ***** scurred

Texas player that recorded their matches against Colorado - Put them up so we can make a combo video already.

GGNORE

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Singles:

Doubles:

Now to Copy-paste my post from the other thread

@felix - The brackets WERE seeded by location...notice how you didn't have to play any other Texans...
We didn't seed them by skill level because, aside from Forward being top tier, we didn't know how everyone stacked up against everyone else, so we couldn't do it effectively. Plus, they were essentially seeded by skill just by virtue of the fact that they were seeded by location. I mean, the purpose of seeding by skill is to keep the top players from knocking each other out early. Notice that Forward and Omar didn't meet til the winner's bracket. You playing Forward first was just bad luck, sorry man =/

Anyway, now that that's cleared up, time for shoutouts.

Firstly, for those that didn't catch my name, I was Steven aka the kid in the orange shirt/grey jacket, who was playing Falco/Mewtwo/CF/Fox.

Kyle, David, and Lewis - Thanks for hosting making sure things ran smoothly. Especially thanks to Lewis, what with using his house and all.

Erich, Paul, and Everett - Always fun to hang out and smash with you guys.

Arctic and Yuki - Thanks for showing up, I remember you guys hosting the very first tournaments I've entered, and since then I haven't really considered anything you weren't at a true smash tournament.

Chris, Joe, and Justin - Good **** guys, please tell me you're playing Brawl

Sean and Omar - Like Sinz said, thanks for essentially bringing two other states with you. Also, thanks for the ride back to Lewis's place, and thanks for making NM's last melee tournament that much more awesome.

Lubbock and CO - Sorry to not name you individually, but I'm not sure I got all your names, plus my existance is defined by tiredeness and bluriness at the moment. Good to meed all of you, and thanks to all of you.

Davis - Good ****, and I look forward to brawling with you

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I would actually like to thank to thank Chris for all the help he provided (thanks lewis for reminding me). Chris was the silent guy who seemed to do most of the work without anyone noticing. He stayed by the computer most of the time to make sure everything was running smoothly. He also helped by telling us at all times who was playing and who was called out. So thank you Chris.

Now for the copy paste from the other thread:

SHOUTOUTS:
Forward: Too good. Hope you guys made it back there safely. Thanks again. And also thanks for the advise when off the ledge and everything else.

Omar: Those Shiek tips helped a lot. Again I hope you guys made it home safely. And thanks for the rides lol.

Lovo: Your Link ownes dude. Always a pleasure to play you.

Ferdi: I think we only played eachother when we were both sleep deprived but it was still fun. Get home safely.

Nite: You talked more crap than anyone else. But your CF backed it up. You were awesome, funny, and good. Take care bro. *knuckles*

Tony/Izzy: you have one of the best Shieks I've ever seen and your Peach is even better. Plus your jokes (I wont get specific but you know what Im talking about) were hilarious. Thanks again.

Mike: you were awesome bro.

To all of Lubbock (cuz I still only got half your names down sorry): You guys were awesome. Get home safely and come back sometime. If im ever down there for a TKD event I'll call you so we can smash again.

Farmington: Thanks again for making it. We have to get that crew battle done.

Denver: Keep practicing you guys. It was a lot of fun playing you.

To anyone else OOS I may have missed: Thanks again for coming. Next time we will have it in a bigger location. Hope to see you all again :D

And lastly to all Albuquerque smashers: you guys helped make this happen. It wasnt just David or Lewis or myself. It was all of you guys. Steven without your omp there wouldnt have even been a tourney. You guys gave us suggestions during the tourney and helped call out who was up. The 3 of us really appreciated that. So thanks again you guys.

Oh and David: next time you decide to ban wobbling, check with me and Lewis first. Because you knew I would be the only IC player there :p

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Mike: you were awesome bro.
Yeah thanks I guess O_O.

NM: GJ.

Kyle/David- Yeah, you look alike and stuff.

That one kid in the car who I sat next to and was all whatever- I really only slept 3 seconds? Really?

Kash- Mario>Doc

The others- Ok.

CO: GJ.

Me- Hey guys?

Everybody else- What Mike Z?

Me- SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

TX: GJ.

Andrew- Fun matches. Marth yay?

Other guy- Umm??

Forward/Omar: GJ.

Forward/Omar- I never spoke to Omar, but all I said to Foward was "where's LoVo?" so I guess nice in singles and teams.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
To everyone who asked am I dying- Only slightly. We are all gonna die someday, my day is just coming faster than most of yours.

Nite- Nice.
Ferdi- Fergalicious
Lovo- I'm Lovin it?
Interim- send me a message on myspace. www.myspace.com/iamsinz

Texas- I promise I am an okay driver.

Omar- Did you get your rib checked out?

Forward- Get in the Marines mate, good luck.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I dont know why Paul. It makes me sad too. AH WE HAD THE CHANCE!!! Next time god forbid its first thing on the list.

Spiritdragon- My bad on the spelling. Copied/paste without proofreading.

EVERYONE- Brawl got delayed again. And Kash requested off the week too...

Vids?!? Woot!!!! Thank heaven someone taped and actually posted.

You should probably up the quality, because you're right: it's too hard to see what's going on.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
No offense or anything, but those vids sucked. PLEASE up the quality BIG TIME. It's extremely difficult to tell what is going on. Also, if you upload the vids you could probably pm me the links so I can make a thread in tournament videos.

BTW I don't believe that was Erich's Fox. Erich doesn't even play Fox. I think you got it mixed up. It should be "Forward (Fox) vs. Erich (Falco)." Not the other way around. Forward does not play that way with Falco, he is much faster and makes better use of the shines. So please, change the title when you load up the better quality matches so no one thinks Forward's Falco is overrated. Believe me, it deserves all the hype.

Also, no one ever mentions me in their shoutouts. Guess that's what I get for being quiet.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
5. Erich
5. Brown Nite
7. JRA 64
7. GoldenGlove
Hey, did I meet Erich, Brown Nite or GoldenGlove? Sorry if I don't remember you, I was really sleepy the entire
tournament and didn't feel like socializing at all. I wonder how I would've done against you guys =D.

JRA64: You were amazing at GH2 and Tekken! Oh my god! Your smash skills are great too. Get as good in smash as you are in tekken now. P.S. You owe me a $6 pancke MM :)
Haha... Everyone always freaks out when I do Jordan on Expert backwards... It's not that hard, honestly... My smash skills suck and I'm completely ignorant to
any specific details about Smash. I only know basic distancing, predicting, and being safe in general from Tekken, that's all...

EDIT: I'll send you some pancakes in the mail. LOL.
"TOM" Next time you owe me pancakes lol. It was awesome to meet you Julius (sorry for spelling it wrong probably). Take care. Next time we will play more
copy/pasted from other thread
[...]us lubbock people may post up like 1-2 vids of me and some of the matches where jra or myself didn't play. so sorry that means no teams vids probably unless you beg to hear the top tier trash talk julias put up XD
Don't speak for me! I'll probably put all these vids online once I put the capture card in and get all this BS at home taken care of.

JRA - It's the double downsmash to dash attack. Anyways, good job going back to grand finals in singles, despite the ridiculous amount of **** I did to Peach, she's holding like 9 of my babies.
LOL yeah. It was doubles, not singles, though. And even though you and Lovo better than I am, saying that you ***** peach so bad that she is holding 9 of your babies is exaggerating...
Unless your talking about the one friendly I got to play you where you 1 stocked me on Final Destination, then I don't really know what you're talking about.
Maybe you are talking about teams in which you and Lovo definitely didn't perform as good as you should have. I really don't see where peach got impregnated with 9 asian babies =D.

I'd say she isn't pregnant at all...

Other Texas people - I don't know your names nor who you are o_O all I know is that one of you played Mikezor and lost to him in losers but I didn't see the match. Anyways, good trash talk, make sure to back it up :chuckle:
Probably Andrew. I lost to Omar and Lovo... Is Mikezor a Fox player?

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
Dang it, I was specifically thinking when I put the Fox/Falco Vid up that I had to put Forward(Fox) - ****it, too much copying, pasting...=/
OK, I'll up the quality - I've just never done it before.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
LOL yeah. It was doubles, not singles, though. And even though you and Lovo better than I am, saying that you ***** peach so bad that she is holding 9 of your babies is exaggerating...
Unless your talking about the one friendly I got to play you where you 1 stocked me on Final Destination, then I don't really know what you're talking about.
Maybe you are talking about teams in which you and Lovo definitely didn't perform as good as you should have. I really don't see where peach got impregnated with 9 asian babies =D.

I'd say she isn't pregnant at all...

Probably Andrew. I lost to Omar and Lovo... Is Mikezor a Fox player?
Yea I can't edit my posts, that was the first thing I wanted to correct(the singles to doubles) but hey, with like 1000+ people on the site at all times I guess SWF isn't going to do much but get even lamer, what are they going to do next make me unable to quote? Ridiculous.

Btw, it wasn't exagerrating. You should play me in singles during tournament(Felix did I think)

Also, Mikezor plays GaW and Mario, he goes Jiggs and Fox sometimes but he makes lots of mistakes with Fox =P So I say he should just go Mario/GaW

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
It's been almost a week and no videos have been posted. Well, I guess that means that no vids will be uploaded. BTW, what's up with this thread? Not many people have been posting in here. On that note here is one last shoutout:

Kyle/David/Lewis aka Twin A, Tw1n, and Havoc: You guys are the ****. Nuff said...Seriously though, thanks for letting me crash at your place Lewis the night before the tournament. Thanks to David and Kyle for being flat out awesome as always. And a great job hosting the tournament. NM actually had a doubles tournament for once.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha ya that was awesome huh? Well we will try to make it an annual or bi annual event hopefully

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys sorry it's been so long but I'm here to do shout outs.

New Mexico - First off thanks to you guys for throwing this thing, and the hospitality you showed. You guys are all pretty cool, thanks for the support (at IHOP LOLL) and for playing lots of matches with me. I've been to improve because of this tournament.

Colorado kids - Good to see all of you guys again, it's been awhile. You guys are still pretty good.

Texas - Seeing old faces again was good :) you guys are pretty chill and randomly funny (IHOP LOL)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yay a compliment from Forward. Anytime lol. And next time we hiold one of this scale (or hopefully bigger) I hope to see you there again

Top Bottom