• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mega Man recovery founded by accident?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Had a Megaman ditto battle against Egregor, who is surprisingly really good against my rusty Megaman. Anyways, at 2:32-2:40 in the video I pull off an interesting recovery that I pulled off on accident. This guy made me use my Up+B three times just to get back to the stage. **** him. :)
Can't keep a good MegaMan down. Honestly, good job with training so hard with Megaman and pulling off some amazing spacing and AT's with Megaman.

In text form this is how it went down...
I get leaf shielded from the edge, I use UpB, Leaf shield is still active while he edgehogs, I fall back down, use side b (crash bomber) on the side of the stage, I UpB again, then wall jump, crash bomb explodes on me, I'm able to UpB again and make it back to the stage safely as I airdodge his Downsmash on my way back.

I call it the the ledge bomb recovery. Video of the match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0czRqyagK0

Last edited:

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
I've done this before as well. Nothing new, but very hard to deliberately pull off. You also feel like a boss after it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I've done this before as well. Nothing new, but very hard to deliberately pull off. You also feel like a boss after it.
Hell yeah, I felt like I totally mind ****ed my opponent with that. As well as the single pellet gimp. He had the more impressive Megaman but I had some clutch happy go lucky moments. lol. It does seem very very hard to pull off and just plan this all out within millseconds, can't believe I pulled this off on accident. I know this dude, Egregor visits these boards. Usually, if I fight a really good player in For Glory, I look them up on smashboards, and sure enough, they have an account. GG Egregor, I'll have my revenge.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
A note on your game play. I think that you need to incorporate MB more often. Egreg basically controlled the match by using it, so retaliate back with yours. MB is by far megamans best weapon. Especially angled metal blades. Angled MB is very good to stay in your neutral but at the same time pressure your opponent, if connected it leads to shoryuuuuuuuuken or grab. If shielded it 1. Creates shield pressure 2. Allows for a possible grab. Or if spot dodged, run up and usmash. Up smash has a long multiple hit duration which can catch them at the end of their spot dodge.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
A note on your game play. I think that you need to incorporate MB more often. Egreg basically controlled the match by using it, so retaliate back with yours. MB is by far megamans best weapon. Especially angled metal blades. Angled MB is very good to stay in your neutral but at the same time pressure your opponent, if connected it leads to shoryuuuuuuuuken or grab. If shielded it 1. Creates shield pressure 2. Allows for a possible grab. Or if spot dodged, run up and usmash. Up smash has a long multiple hit duration which can catch them at the end of their spot dodge.
Good advice. I been rusty with Megaman, I used to play him better like that. I was also taken by surprise to see a actual good For Glory opponent that felt like a tournament level player. The problem was, it was hard to use MB to run up and grab, he was in the air 90% of the time. Never seen a Megman stay so much in the air like that, so that had me surprised and a bit confused/annoyed.

I guess this is already a known technique if other people done it before. Oh well, at least lots of interesting things happened in this game from both me and him, and I got to learn that new glide toss with Megaman...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Had a Megaman ditto battle against Egregor, who is surprisingly really good against my rusty Megaman. Anyways, at 2:32-2:40 in the video I pull off an interesting recovery that I pulled off on accident. This guy made me use my Up+B three times just to get back to the stage. **** him. :)
Can't keep a good MegaMan down. Honestly, good job with training so hard with Megaman and pulling off some amazing spacing and AT's with Megaman.

In text form this is how it went down...
I get leaf shielded from the edge, I use UpB, Leaf shield is still active while he edgehogs, I fall back down, use side b (crash bomber) on the side of the stage, I UpB again, then wall jump, crash bomb explodes on me, I'm able to UpB again and make it back to the stage safely as I airdodge his Downsmash on my way back.

I call it the the ledge bomb recovery. Video of the match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0czRqyagK0
Yeah, the Wall bomb recovery isn't too new. I remember the first time I did it. It was awesome. But yeah, it's pretty hard to pull off deliberately. Still when it works, it can save your ass.

Top Bottom