• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario matches! Review and critique plzkthx

Eggz

Smash Hero
These were recorded a week or two ago, but since no one commented on them in the 1v1 vid section I moved my vids here for a little extra attention from the Mario exclusive community.

Hero Sublime(Young Link)VS Eggz (Mario)1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v-IgCHATvnk

Hero Sublime (Young Link)VS Eggz(Mario)2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0Ur6gwjpVQ

Zeru(Fox)VsEggz(Mario)1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jy3pxiwHI

Zeru(Fox)VsEggz(Mario)2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPnLRlnbf0

Eggz(Mario)VsBladewise(Peach)DL64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyD9wcLgkLo

Bonus EggzFox VS KaMasterFalco match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjXc4NHzJY0

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
Your opponent has a pretty nice Mario. Umm don't you play anywhere else but FD? Because if you play competitively, once you go to tournaments, there's bound to be at least one person that bans it.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm Mario ^_^

We play on random with the neutral stages on, and we go to monthly tournaments and do fairly well ^_^ People generally call Dave's Stupid Rule, so we kinda have to practice on multiple stages. Those matches just happened to be some of the best ones.

Supposedly Hero up loaded more so checkem out.

Mario Fox Mario Falco? Wellllll......I'll post some of them next week. ^___^ Those arn't as fun, since they are against Ka Master who is a Luigi-not Falco main...but he still has a pretty sick falco/fox.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, those were pretty cool-I'll have to watch them again when my comp is upgraded. (It was really laggy) Yeah awesome Mario though!

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
nice vids i really like ur mario mine is alot like urs, but urs seems polished up alot more....p.s coldplay! good touch

Eggz

Smash Hero
No. Lol. In the first one I was a terrible player. The clips in combo videos are real clips from real matches. You should watch the second one, as it is much more reputable.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Control stick for uairs,bairs, and fairs.
Cstick for dairs, cstick for any second aerial performed during a full jump, c stick for full jumped fairs, and cstick for full jumped bairs.

HarryPooter

Smash Cadet
Cstick for dairs, cstick for any second aerial performed during a full jump, c stick for full jumped fairs, and cstick for full jumped bairs.
So you mean you jump with the control stick for uairs/bairs/fairs and then push the direction and A, or jump with y/x and then use the control stick + A?

Your Uairs come out way faster than mine, I'm wondering how you do it :p

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Really? wow I cant do uairs without the C-stick. if I do I double jump most of the time.
Fireball>fox laser lol
Well, those are good vids.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Thankies.

Jump with Y then use the control stick. I couldn't do them fast enough so I started on the control stick. I picked up fox exclusively for learning how to do it, and now hes my second main lol.

The only time I use control stick for jump is when doing frame perfect shine shffl aerials.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I actually really, really love your Mario.

In the first Mario vs. Fox video, you definately had control. You knew what you were doing, and I could see that. The Fox, however, looked... Like he was bipolar. I liked at the beginning how you double SHBAWD'd Fox off the stage. It went together so nicely. Just watched the second Mario vs. Fox vid. EXCELLENT control at the beginning. Fox takes it up the *** nicely, as far as **** goes.

And, if it's not too much trouble, can I get the name of the song in the first Mario vs. Fox vid? I love your music preference.

Keep up the excellent cape ****.

LOL, GET IT?

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL thanks alot man! Are you going to the BC tournament with Carl guy? I'm gonna have more recent matches up soon too.

The song in the DL64 Mario Fox video is "Raise Ya Hands" remixed by DJ Sy and Unknown. If you have trouble finding it, MSN me at ninjamaster2021@hotmail.com, or AIM me at eggz2021

FireBomb

Smash Lord
*Sigh* My Mario looks like crap with all these good Mario's like you here. Guess I'll just steal some of your techniques and claim them as my own lol.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
No :(

Unfortunately I can't make it to BC, mainly because I don't have the money. Don't worry though, I'll find my way to you guys soon enough.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I know this is the Mario section, however your friend Zeru has a couple things he should work on...

Zeru-Your tech is almost flawless, and your mindgames are good....BUT your lack of grabbing is killing your game. The only time you grab in the matches posted are when you have died and have invincibility frames because you knows Eggz will shield. I counted a total of only 3 grabs between both matches, all in these cases. I'm unsure if Eggz has smash DI'ed away everytime you attempt the u-throw u-air, or if he quickly gets the n-air off to stop this grabbing habit of yours, but it's killing your game. After you do the drill shine, instead of running away everytime or following it with a n-air, try grabbing because Eggz seems to shield your every combo....

Blade- Nice peach, just get on the edge vs mario to edgeguard, i saw numerous occasions where he couldn't of gotten back if u had just gotten on the edge.... Only rational thought i can think is fireballs screw up ur edgehog, but then u can either recatch on (awkward as peach...) or just wait until the last second to catch on.

Eggz, ur mario is quiiiiiite solid and very very nice, CGing is gay =p.

All and all, great vids.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Fox actually can't uthrow uair mario. =p I'll copy and paste your advice into aim convos though, thanks.
Ty, but why do u say he can't do it? I have problems vs it and any help would be gladly accepted......

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
if u play a really smart fox he will pick a direction and will b forced to dbl jump to u-air u off a throw.....thats how my friend can only get my DIing

Twig

Smash Journeyman
if u play a really smart fox he will pick a direction and will b forced to dbl jump to u-air u off a throw.....thats how my friend can only get my DIing
And after he 2x jumps..the fox doesn't follow with another/ predict his movements? Im just wondering because i need to find a way to counter this strategy, if u dont jump u get hit at least once regardless, and if u do jump they follow it up with another or lead into something else (most of mario's moves cant out prioritize fox's u-air from above him, n-air trades hits, d-air rarely overtakes it.....)

Top Bottom