• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey South Shore Smashers

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
For all those scattered few that have long awaited our arrival... I would like to finally introduce an opportunity to join what will soon be South Jersey's first real successful crew... this band of smashers will be relaxed, competitve, pro... whatever you want it to be... I will even come and practice with you almost any day of the week (depending on work scheduling)... OCEAN COUNTY is the area (I live in Manahawkin, NJ)

I will first introduce myself: I am "LUVR" and I have recently moved to South Jersey/ Jersey shore like 10 min from Long Beach Island.

I use tons of characters but I will introduce SOME of my favorites:

Brawl:
- Game & Watch
- Link
- Mario
- Marth
- Yoshi
- Pokemon Trainer
- Captain Falcon
- Jigglypuff

Melee:
- PICHU
- Game & Watch
- Marth
- Falco
- Luigi
- Mario

N64:
- Link
- Captain Falcon
- Ness
- Kirby
- Pikachu

THREAD RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER:

1. Disrespectful people and RUDE comments will not be tolerated and the group as a whole must be sophisticated... we are south jersey after all

2. Do not pick fights (going hand in hand with rule 1)

3. Joining is simple and everyone is welcome... great or horrible... just try to keep this group semi local...

4. Have fun people!!! I will drive out and hangout and we can train..

5. Go to tournies... we need to represent our area... there aren't many people from around here with their names out, and its time to change that

6. No Spamming, No double posting.. ya know the drill,,, the typical forum rules

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
I am gunna join just as a team member, even tho I'm far away I can play against ya in huge statewide tournaments or sumthin... so here it goes:

Hi I'm "s.b.soldier" and I live in Sturbridge, MA.. here are my characters

Brawl:
- Metaknight
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Peach
- Pikachu
- Kirby

Melee:
- Luigi
- Dr. Mario
- Marth
- Falco

N64:
- Captain Falcon
- Kirby
- Pikachu

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I'll join it, I live in Vineland.

Here are my mains in each game.

Brawl: Olimar
Olimar
Olimar
Olimar
Solimar
Melee: Fox
Jigal Le Puf
Smash 64: Link

Notes: I am pretty good in Halo 3, and am going to get better in Halo Wars. I suck in Melee and 64, I mainly play Brawl. I think I could get some of my friends to join as well, but they play melee mostly.

Crew Name?

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I'll join with my brother from Vineland Aztec Avenger.

If we are making this I need to see: Integrity, wisdom, leadership, concistency, sexiness, power, brutallity and completeism if it exist.

I main

Mario(Top)---beastly
Lucario
Olimar

Also I rather go by RevolutionXIV than jmanxiv sounds sexier.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Yup I got my bro to get in this, if anyone happens to think we're the same person, here's a link to our AiB dubz team.

http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=20587 (Yeah, not a good rank)

He also wants the crew name to be "Revelations", but let's get more suggestions, and decide after we got enough people joined.

EDIT: We brainstormed some names and another cool one would be "New Krypton"

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
wow thanks all for joining this group... I am working to try to arrange certain events and practices for south jersey because I feel we need to take a stand and put our names on the lists... ps no fighting or flaming or disrespect in this forum so dmbrandon leave us alone you are central/north jersey you already disrespected me dont disrespect the other southern NJ players

ps you guys... i drove an hour up to play smash with these guys and they were rude and mean... you shouldnt be so mean.. even if you are as good as they are

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I think this should be the thread on getting people and discussing about the crew, once we got everything set, we should make a totally new topic and put all those things there.

How's he crazy by the way?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't like to attack people's personalities, but he's just not our cup of tea, as some say. Playing smash is one thing, but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere else with him in mind. I don't mean to be a jerk, but he's kinda nuts.

That and that SB Soldier account is his main account. He told us when he was here. >_>

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Understood, unless he's a germophobic,pacifist,immature,ODC, and ignorant then there will be no problem.Yes I have met a person with all those conditions, I tried to be his friend, but he's just plain stupid. Anyway, I have like 3-4 close friends 2 who are good in melee, the other 2 are slighty good and the 1 is a scrub and will be converted into a smasher. Regardless, with enough practice we will all become good eventually.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
you ****ing moron, thats my friend Curtis from west creek, nj... stop being an idiot before i report you im actually at his house right now as we speak.... i am not going to sit here in my thread im trying to make for fun and watch you badmouth me anymore so please stop this is the last warning to you and the other two

as for crew names... new krypton is decent, lets see what else people come up with

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Who's S.B. Soldier then? I mean, his claim was justified. I still doubt this Curtis even exists.

Don't call him a ****ing moron. All you've done is attack us because we didn't invite you back. Ever think that it just might be your fault, and not ours that your company bothered the hell out of us.

. <- That is a period, it ends sentences. Generally speaking, you only need one.

All we've heard from you is girlfriend giirlfriend, KDJ OBM KDJ OBM KDJ OBM. We don't care. You're not good in Brawl. If Brawl is your best game, you're a terrible smash player. Stop insulting people, and name dropping, and I'll happily go on ignoring you. If you keep insulting us, I'm going to delve deeper. Let. It. Go.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
yeah your right dmbrandon I suck at smash Brawl and I should kill myself, ROFL. anyways, moving on:

some names I was thinking of for the crew:

- New Krypton (suggested by aztec avenger)
- Tiers Don't Exist
- Moonlight Shadow
- Heat Wave
- The Motion of the Ocean
- Smash Holes
- Sophisticated Smashers (I love that one)

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
yeah your right dmbrandon I suck at smash Brawl and I should kill myself, ROFL. anyways, moving on:

some names I was thinking of for the crew:

- New Krypton (suggested by aztec avenger)
- Tiers Don't Exist
- Moonlight Shadow
- Heat Wave
- The Motion of the Ocean
- Smash Holes
- Sophisticated Smashers (I love that one)

All those except Sophisticated Smashers,Tiers Dont Exist, and smash holes. Sound like the title to a romance book XD. I like Sophisticated Smashers best out of all of them.

Other suggestions: Welcome to Rapture
Kingdom Come
The Soviet Smashers
How It Ends (Bro)
The Fallens (Bro)
America

More to come.

If you guys are having conflicts settle them by PMs please.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Fine, Aztec, but just so you know:

SB Soldier got banned. Cause it's his account. He was talking to himself to make himself seem like he isn't annoying and crazy.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
Ok, wow those are some good names we got generating up here..

I really like the sophisticated smashers it just came to me while me and curtis were playing smash... it seems to be a regular word im my daily posting vocabulary so i gave it a go... lol anyways yeah we definitely have to get together in a convenient location and brawl/melee/whatever.. I really do think this is the start of a fantastic community... and yeah MewtwoKing I will money match you sometime, I have been wanting to try my hand against you since the melee days...

when an event is decided, i can also personally pm you guys to update you if you are not online.. im trying to make this community where i put my efforts in terms of smash bros

xstationcubed

Smash Rookie
The Desert. Or maybe another dimension...
If you exist and aren't a jerk you're welcome if I understand common sense and the rules correctly.

and on that note, i'd like to present my seal of reality.

It's absolutely, 100% a real seal.

my suggestions for a name...will probably suck. when i actually think of some, i'll post them anyway though.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Fine, Aztec, but just so you know:

SB Soldier got banned. Cause it's his account. He was talking to himself to make himself seem like he isn't annoying and crazy.
Yeah I picked up on that.

Alright cool.
Of course you're in ^_^, I am going to ask my friend if he wants to join, we are planning a smashfest as well next week which is good for practice and if he join the crew along with his friend and bro. Bad news is that you guys can't come cause you're strangers and etc, his parents say it have to be friends. I might go to a tournament July 11th in VA by the way.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
yeah if you want to be in you will be in... just keep it local thats all i ask

and just remember I created this lovely crew so I would like to be there when practices are held and such, or at least try to be included... as stated before...

also, anyone who doesnt mind the meeting up part, we can all meet in a convenient public location before meeting at anyones house... thats just common sense... I am going to now ask that we start formally introducing ourselves: I'll start

In case you didn't know, I am LUVR, formerly known as s.b.soldier, and now the the " mad secret humor" is all done, I have retired that profile.. anyways I am in college, 21 yr old, and knowledgeable in many videogames including smash bros. I have been playing competitive smash since n64 days, but wasn't very good until recently... I have not been to a tournament since I lived in MA... I am in a relationship and I have known her for 10 years... She also plays smash brawl and melee...

I firmly believe in respect and I support any characters... I do not bad talk and I want a clean well-organized crew so that we can start to represent south NJ and stand up to our northern/central nj competitors

This is a picture of me at Mass Madness 14:

And this is me + my girlfriend:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I also live in South Jersey I'm 22 years old college student. Brawl is the first smash game that I'veo wned I played melee before was alright for someone who didn't own the system. I was pretty big into Socom FTB 2 (psp) I had a pretty high ranking clan that I was the leader of. Not sure if anyone played that game a lot. I've been to three tournies since I got the game in Janurary Viridian City #3 Apex Viridian City #4. I did horrible at each tourney but I'm trying to improve and get better so I stick with it. I used to play a card game ecalled VS. that was pretty cool I used to place fairly well at local tournies and did pretty okay at a PCQ and before that I played Yugioh. I think that about covers it. I went solo Marth at those tournaments afterwards I've picked up Pikachu Zelda and Bowser. Bowser was more recently and Zelda was like 2 weeks ago actually bowser was yesterday.

Weekends is normally good for me considering my work schedule I may be able to have people over on sundays and such.

As for crew names I think the next dawn is a pretty good one.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
hey nice to meet ya almostlegendary, thankx for joining the crew, and that name sounds cool...we will be having a vote sooner or later... if anyone doubts that im real i can always give you my facebook link too.. lol but cool man i definitely have to get with ya on sundays and play some practice rounds... we will be in contact

Top Bottom