• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW ITEM (With another great animation init)- PORTABLE GIRDER

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Now this idea sounds strange, but it's great.

It would be smash original.

You pick it up, and throw it. It flies a few feet then expands.
It expands in such a way that it will never grow through scenery,
and it will expand to about the amount shown in below.

if it's wedged between two platforms, it's growth will be cut off,
and it'll block the passageway.

Anyway, the ACTUAL ANIMATION is here

You need some form of flash player to view it.
If you don't have one, you probably don't deserve one. (Can't be arsed to find the DL link)

If it hits someone, it will expand on contact, dealing 6% damage and knocking the enemy upwards.
It has set knockback, so it will have the same knockback (relatively good) at 0% as at 999%.
The knockback pretty much looks like Fox's up smash at 15%.
It could NEVER K.O. someone unless they were really high up.

Now: It works as a free wall for wall of pain techniques and shine combos,
and if it doesn't hit the enemy before it expands (while the enemy is recovering),
it's a great edgeguard. It can be stood on top of, but is not a grabbable ledge.

So, tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: DAMMIT... never mind

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
LOL I think you've being playing too much worms!I actually think that is a nice little idea you've got there.It would be so funny putting that on the edge so no one could recover.Yeah I could see that working(maybe make the original item you pick up a little smaller like a tiny metal box)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was kind of Worms Armageddon inspired.

Anyway, it would stay there until someone was whacked against it particularly hard,
or for 20 seconds, or until it is destroyed with one of THESE particular items:

Bob-omb, Hammer, Warp-star, Home run bat (smash) or a mean Pokémon.
It eats up any other projectile or physical attack.

T-major

Smash Champion
It seems like a good idea too me. if they put something like this in Brawl I wouldn't be againct it. it would be cool if you could throw it under you while your on the ground. and it would spring up under you and send you into the air.

splat

Smash Lord
I like the idea, but what happens if you don't hit anything? would it just be wasted, like throwing a pokéball over an edge, or does it expand after a couple of seconds?

Peeze

Smash Master
Ahh, you always pull crazy ideas out of your @$$ kazuki. This one though cool, is not one of your best.

Although i had the idea for that one circle dealie from yoshis island that yoshi used to swallow and then spit out. and he would jump on it, and then it would move into the direction of the arrow.
Sorry just trying to spice this thread up, kaz.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
This is awesome. I can see a YLink being knocked to far away to normally recover with one of these in his hand. He throws it, DJ airdodge hookshot, jumps on top of it and then recovers normally.

I can also see this being used for camping. IE, a Samus throws one out too far for anyone to reach, Grapple beams to it and then launches missiles the entire time.

It would be such a cool item. But getting my hopes up will just severely crush them when I see that this isn't in Brawl.

Banks

Smash Hero
i wont lie, ill probly play with items on for a little bit to see what new ones that came out with, but the real meat of the game will be the characters themselves

Banks

Smash Hero
well theres no way items would disappear, they are definitely going to be in there. It's just that I don't care that much what the items are >_>

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I really like this suggestion.
It's on of the most original item-ideas I've read. ;)

Thought they probaby shouldn't write "as seen in Worms.." in it's trophy, or whatever.. :laugh:

Top Bottom