• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New item: Warp Whistle

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The whistle from Super Mario 3

I was thinking if you pick it up it bring a tornado across the screen and warp everyone to a random stage (in the starting postions of course). I also think it would be good in a tight spot.

Post comments.:)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
One of the best ideas I have heard. It definately adds to the wackiness factor of brawl. There seems to be no need for the healing though.

Ami

Smash Ace
Interesting idea. Cut the healing, though.
Agreed.

Love the idea, though! I just see no reason why someone needs to be healed ... it seems kind of out of place with the "theme" of the item, I guess. I'd have to be pretty rare, though, because it might get annoying (unless if the change was instantaneous: no pause in between blowing the whistle and the change of the level).

Skywalker

Space Jump
Interesting.

How about realistic transitions between stages? I mean, if fighters were on a stage like Fountain of Dreams, they could skydive onto a stage like Green Greens.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Ok maybe the healing was out of place I was trying to add a edge to the person who used it.
Also thanks, glad you guys like it.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Cool...it could be like a rare item that only stays on the stage for a short time, like the barrel cannon. It should warp to a stage that is related to the character who used it.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah everybody already said it but.... good idea.
Although these two ideas aren't related, when link plays the whistle should it be like the ocarina?

Link_Don

Smash Rookie
I love the idea, cos it defines what SSB is all bout. Being a crazy and wacky beat em up game which breaks the rules of traditional fighters. (which is a good thing)

Kais

Smash Ace
Wow, this is good ****. I can't see this being a disadvantageous item really. Good idea.

~ Kais

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yes play the game it was meant to be...with ITEMS!
But I fear what would happen if we put only warp whistles and the items switch on very high. That would be chaos....

FlamingMetroidzd

Smash Rookie
It's a good idea, but I don't think people would use it on a regular basis. (For item battles, since they don't use much items anyways)

Maybe there could also be a similiar effect with another item, except random characters. =P

.22%

Smash Apprentice
great idea, but i don't like to play with items on. it destacts from how good you can beat someone up.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Hmm...you said the Warp Whistle would change stages. How about changing character locations on the stage instead? It'd be easier to put up with (you wouldn't go from Yoshi's Story to Big Blue for example).

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Hmm...you said the Warp Whistle would change stages. How about changing character locations on the stage instead? It'd be easier to put up with (you wouldn't go from Yoshi's Story to Big Blue for example).
Then whats the point in picking it up? Explain the benefits.

Toomai

Smash Ace
1. It's team battle, and your partner is in a bind. Grab the whistle to seperate everyone.

2. Airgrab it when being comboed to escape the combo.

3. Leave the scene (hopefully) of Legendary Pokemon, especially those with large ranges.

Peeze

Smash Master
@ DarkFrog:So turn items off
@Toomai: Seperating people would be more annoying than changing stages, cause if your in the middle of a combo, something like that could throw off you rhythm.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Some people just dont like items.

Take an example, I have Marth pinned down at the bottom of Hyrule, and BOOOM!
Random bob-omb walks on from OFFSCREEN. This then happened once more, even though
the items are set to very low. Then a super mushroom came and gave me the benefit of a tipper.

I WAS THREE STOCKING HIM.

The result? "1'M B3TT3R TH4N J00!!1" For a week.

Peeze

Smash Master
Well if you play event 51 and say you get a balloon filled with bob-ombs and they drop on G-dorf, mew2, and GigaB.
Or use items against players better than you.
Yeah don't give me the" that's what noobs do" speech. Cause it works, and it pisses people off.
Incidently, i play with items off.

Peeze

Smash Master
You haven't played this kid i know named Philip. He's like 17/18 but he's been playing smash bros for like 19 years(it's an exaggeration btw). His sheik is literally UNTOUCHABLE. Trust me.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Seperating people would be more annoying than changing stages, cause if your in the middle of a combo, something like that could throw off you rhythm.
Well, if you're being combo'd, then you'll love to throw off the other guy's rhythm.

And if you're giving the combo, you'd probably not grab the item in the first place, or try to avoid the other guy getting it.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If you're being attacked while holding it and drop it, it should dissapear right there on the spot. It's special, after all...

Peeze

Smash Master
Well, if you're being combo'd, then you'll love to throw off the other guy's rhythm.

And if you're giving the combo, you'd probably not grab the item in the first place, or try to avoid the other guy getting it.
You don't have to grab the item, if you read what you posted you said:
"1. It's team battle, and your partner is in a bind. Grab the whistle to seperate everyone."
So if someone else uses the item while you're pulling off a combo on his partner, are you telling me that that wouldn't piss you off and/or throw off your rythm?!?!?!?
If your getting combo'd, you take it like a man until you can WD or RD out of the way. Transportation should be left to Sheik and Mewtwo, IMO.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Well that could be a pokemon 's move like abrea uses teleport and switchs everyone on the feild. The reason for not changing it to characters switch is because the wrap whistle is known for taking Mario to a diiferent world and I think it should stay on switch stages.:)

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea. It would add a very interesting twist to the game.

Top Bottom