• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New item: truck from excite truck!

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I think a truck from the game should be an item heres how it works:

The character finds a key for it and then they use it, it will start beeping and the truck will come to the character and they would hop in, it will work like the hammer except faster and could do big jumps.

It will last until the fuel runs out or blows up. The fuel will run out when its been a little more time than when the hammer stops. It will blow up when you hit a wall 3 times the car will start smoking when your on your last hit. When the fuel runs out, the character just jumps out and the truck disappears. When it blows up the charater flies out (depending on their damage they will go farther) they take 30% damage.

Various trucks will come you dont know which ones though.

Any thoughts or ideas?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I say it should be twice the size of the character. It would be funny to see a huge truck that wasn't shrunk on a tiny stage.

JPW

Smash Ace
i actually wouldn't mind seeing a Monster Truck stage. lol.
Where you fight on the truck as it moves through a desert or such.

If it was made into an item then it should kind of be used like the green shell, just throw it and pray for a good impact.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
i actually wouldn't mind seeing a Monster Truck stage. lol.
Where you fight on the truck as it moves through a desert or such.

If it was made into an item then it should kind of be used like the green shell, just throw it and pray for a good impact.
Or a stage like mute city except sometimes the trucks jump high and could hit when ur flying up. But i think the mario kart stage in the secound trailer is the new replacement.

JPW

Smash Ace
Or a stage like mute city except sometimes the trucks jump high and could hit when ur flying up. But i think the mario kart stage in the secound trailer is the new replacement.
i'm sorry but I seem to keep on missing the part of where it says Mario Kart stage is replacing F-zero Mute City stage.

How do you know this? Why does everyone keep on presuming this?
Has Sakurai said anything on ditching the F-zero Mute City stage?

I wouldn't mind having both. I don't see Mario Kart replacing F-zero I see an answer for the best of both worlds. I see them probably enhancing the F-zero Stage so there is much more of a better platform, and fighting area.

Just because you see one stage that follows the same aqtmosphere as the other doesn't mean the other is gone.
A lot of Smash Bros. stages do follow a similar trend yet they were all there. None got ditched because they were too similar. Or followed the same pattern.

The f-zero stage was a very interesting design and was a popular pick for me and my mates I would hate to see it gone, or replaced by something that isn't too different. F-zero still needs it place just as much as Mario Kart.

but anyway, Excite TRuck i'm sure here are tons of possibilities but sadly i think it will miss it for the sake of other franchises, and items.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I said "BUT I THINK" not "IT WILL".

I am also hoping that stages wont be replaced but enhanced like the mario stage. It got ditched and then modified differently.

But i liked the old mario stage because the pipes were awsome.

Peaches castle in the first one was taken out but replaced with another one that looked and kind of was the same.

Most of the stages are big upgrades. But they might keep mute city because it becomes a classic stage or if it ends up like fox's stage corneria. Because corneria is the same only a gun that shoots and its morning.

Things wont always turn out good. Hyrule castle was my favourite in ssb but then taken out in melee and had no replacement that wasn't even close enough to it because no tornadoes or small shelter place.

Most likely it will be upgraded largely or maybe even replaced.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
1) The character finds a key for it
2) and then they use it
3) it will start beeping
4) and the truck will come to the character
5) and they would hop in
6) it will work like the hammer
7) except faster
8) and could do big jumps.
9) It will last until the fuel runs out
10) or blows up
11) The fuel will run out when its been a little more time than when the hammer stops
12) It will blow up when you hit a wall 3 times the car will start smoking when your on your last hit
13) When the fuel runs out, the character just jumps out
14) and the truck disappears
15) When it blows up the charater flies out (depending on their damage they will go farther) 16) they take 30% damage.
17) Various trucks will come you dont know which ones though.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Yeah. This is the worst and most horribly overcomplicated suggestion I've ever seen.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
whats with all the owls?
O RLY, YA RLY, NO WAI. If you've never heard of them then search it up somewhere like wikipedia.

Anyways, If you are saying why excite truck? And not excite bike back in n64 days. Heres why, super smash bros was the first of the series so they probably didn't have great ideas. Besides N64 couldn't handle a bike coming and the character hoping on. Look what happened in mario kart. They were almost 2D!

Since Melee was a big hit, now fans everywhere want more from brawl they everything they can get. SO nintendo must put more like Snake. But that won't cut it they dont just want characters, they want stages, and items. Many Wii titles have good things/ideas for brawl.

If mp3 comes before brawl then brawl can put in new things from metroid, this is what i hoping for.

Since excite truck released before brawl it could be good use for it and not just as a trophy.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Too complicated. It would be better if it just came flying in from a top corner, ran over a couple platforms, and crushed everything in it's path before exiting the stage on the other side. The item, then, would be a Checkered Flag, which, when used, would call in the truck, rather than the truck itself.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Too complicated. It would be better if it just came flying in from a top corner, ran over a couple platforms, and crushed everything in it's path before exiting the stage on the other side. The item, then, would be a Checkered Flag, which, when used, would call in the truck, rather than the truck itself.
I like the idea, but wheres the fun in that?

Top Bottom