• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New item: Remote mine!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Now this may have been thought of before, but I think that it is in fact a great idea.

What it basically should appear as before it's active, is a golden proximity mine. You pick it up, then throw it. It can be stuck to other players. Once the mine is thrown, your character still has the detonator in their hand, which is used with A.

You can also throw the detonator with Z, and if THAT hits anyone, the mine explodes, and the detonator disappears. The thrown detonator does 9% when thrown hard, and has little knockback. It is slow-ish when moving through the air, so it can be caught,
and used by someone else.

If the detonator is thrown offstage, the mine explodes.
If the det touches the ground, anyone can pick it up. If the tagged person picks it up,
they can press A to disarm the mine that is on them.

The detonator just sort of appears in the hand after the mine is thrown.

The mine explosion is a tad weaker than a regular proximity mine.

It could make for some killer edgeguard.

T-major

Smash Champion
I like the idea; however I think it should be weaker then a regular mine. seeing as you can attach them to people, it would be a tad... cheap, for lack of a better word, if it was the same strength. other then that, it's a very good sugestion. I fully suport it.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
See that mine on fox's belt?

I'm thinking (and hoping) his mine will do as you described, and the prox mine will stay the same.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
T-major said:
I like the idea; however I think it should be weaker then a regular mine. seeing as you can attach them to people, it would be a tad... cheap, for lack of a better word, if it was the same strength. other then that, it's a very good sugestion. I fully suport it.
I see what you mean, ok, idea edited.

Azukki said:

I'm thinking (and hoping) his mine will do as you described, and the prox mine will stay the same.
They CANNOT give Fox another broken advantage like that.
Actually, they'd have to remove one of his B moves to do that, so still no.
I don't want this to happen.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Good idea. The one thing I liked about Halo was sticking people, and it's so funny to watch as your friend freaks out that there's a grenade on his face.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
You know what would be awesome? Throwing a whole bunch of remote mines up into the sky and onto yourself and running around covered in mines. :D

T-major

Smash Champion
In a team battle that would be a heck of a lot of stratijical placment ideas
lol, suiside bomb... wait... hold on a second; the proximity mine in melee was from Perfect Dark wasn't it? now as we all know that game was made by Rare, but since Rare is with Microsoft now does that mean theres a chance the Proximity mine might get taken out?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
SF:A had sensor bombs, which are just like proximity mines so if the old ones go we should still have them in SF:A's design, although it's a bit too obvious for my likings [the bomb glows red on the floor].

T-major

Smash Champion
SF:A had sensor bombs, which are just like proximity mines so if the old ones go we should still have them in SF:A's design, although it's a bit too obvious for my likings [the bomb glows red on the floor].
oh, well alright then. also, the glowing could be probably be toned down for brawl to make it less obvious.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It probably will. Good thing Nintendo has SF under it's belt, SF has a number of items that could work in Brawl, I'd like to see the rocket launcher :rocket: :bigrocket.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
it would be a good item to use in teams and in FFA but every tournament use no items in their matches so...i suport it :p

zOmg i coming from teh h3llz
*detonates mine*
o rly

FireBomb

Smash Lord
An explosion that I can control at my own free will? That'd be pretty cool... you can make it as broken as you want, since no one will ever be hitting me with that. O the sweet abusive possibilities...

You know, this reminds me of Bomberman's remote bombs. They don't stick to people, but they can explode only with the remote set off or another explosion. See, if he was in this game, this item would be perfect to represent him. That or cherry bombs. :chuckle:

Plomid

Smash Ace

Rather it replaces the nutral b and put the blaster to nutral a for you see he always has the blaster out and i´m thinkin it would be like punch (with the blaster gun) including a single shot from the blaster then punch(with the non blaster gun) and then comence shooting repetly. the first punch would do 2% with the hand hit and 1 with the blaster hit.

And by the way Kazuki i really like the idea it kinda gives my the golden eye feeling back. "goes looking for the 64 and game" but people think its cheap? you could easily di it at low %'s and it gives you the 3rd jump back so its kinda balanced.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
sounds like a great idea to me! there was nothing in 007: Goldeneye that i liked better to stand in a room with one entrance and a load of remote mines at the door

good suggestion

YOU BETTER BE LISTENING NINTENDO!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Good idea, yes. So if you're playing with a fox user, and he starts shining you alot, you put a mine in your head so next time he does that you blow yourself up, killing him too.
Or in team matches you have a mine and your friend is in the fray fighting with the other two, you glue the mine in his back and blow all three up! Great fun for just screwing around.
And I'm most certain that the hexagon-shaped thing in Fox's belt is his 'shine' generator...

Top Bottom