• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Item Idea: Clawshot

Toomai

Smash Ace
I had a thought awhile ago that preseted the Clawshot as an interesting item. I have two ideas for it:

1. The more boring idea. Grab it and for the next 15 seconds you get an extended grab.

2. The more interesting idea. It acts more like a clobbering item. The tilt attack would be clubbing it over someone's head. The smash attack would involve a hard punch (with the claws closed as a spike). But when used as a neutral, dash, or nair attack, it's an extended grab (as yes, it would grab onto walls and maybe even items like crates).

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I see absolutely no reason why Link won't have the Clawshot as his grab.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
It would be interesting but unlikely to see Link get double clawshots for brawl that shoot infront and behind him at the sametime with his arms crossed or something long those lines where you can grab 2 people at once if they are close enough. Also, maybe Link could clawshot the wall in the air and stick to that spot then you could shoot the other while hanging there against people (air grab edgeguard would be amusing) or another wall and it could allow Link to climb walls that are close like wall jumping up the buildings in melee at Fourside with certain characters. He did get 2 in TP.

Toomai

Smash Ace
But seeing this real, I don't think so 'cause it's 99% sure that Link will have the Clawshot as a weapon.
Hey, SSBM lets anyone use the Screw Attack.

And AeramisWolfLord, I did think about something to the effect of wallclimbing by grabbing two Clawshots. But I think it would be too complicated to do.

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be a good idea
And like AeramisWolfLord said, it would be awesome to do an air grab edgeguard

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I suggested this some months ago, but it may have been just to my friends and no on the forum. If it was on the forum, it was under "Hookshot" as Twilight Princess hadn't come out yet. In any case, I think the trade off of losing your A attacks for extended grabs works pretty well to keep it balanced. My favorite items are ones that actually change how you play (i.e. Bunny Hood, Parasol, Barrel Cannon) and I think extending grabs falls neatly under that category.

Top Bottom