• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new "infinite" discovered (plasma locking... stupid zamus)

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
so, well yeah, this weeks been pretty much ********, first bowser infinite, then this... read vid description for more info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twmael0o3Ho (im not the discoveror and vid is not mine)

- seems to work properly on all chars except for lucas, ness and jiggz
- its not infinite since some chars escape it at around 200%+
- seems to be a real combo
- dont know if it can be DI'd out, i think you can DI during her up+b to the other side so you land behind zamus to avoid the stunner
- dont know if you can tech out of it
- its basically an up+b spike followed by 2 down smashes by an upb spike by 2 downsmashes....

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I hate to break it to you, but a simple tech foils this every single time. This has been posted many times on the Zamus forum, and has been debunked every time.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
pretty epic. i hate ZSS users tho >=O they give me the hardest time. and now this. freaking cheap. that was like instant 300% in 5 seconds. i bet at some point u can learn to tech out of it quickly right? O.o or counterpick jiggs vs zss xD

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hmmm... still, i smartly put infinite between "s... which means, i dbouted it was an infinite, but this might be a zamus comob then XD

dsmash dsmash upb

anyways, i dont know zamus stuff cause the last time i fought a zamus was about 3 monthes ago, nobody likes her here i guess

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Not even a combo, at low percents it is incredibly easy to escape the D-smash because of negligible hitstun off of the Up-B, and you can tech roll even if they do it at high percents. Not to mention you can DI away from the Up-B.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
My older bro tried it on me a while ago but I prove to him that it doesn't work. Just DI out of it.

Nothing to see here ppl moving on...

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Not even a combo, at low percents it is incredibly easy to escape the D-smash because of negligible hitstun off of the Up-B, and you can tech roll even if they do it at high percents. Not to mention you can DI away from the Up-B.
think youre not understanding right the sequence i say

downsmash downsmash upb

downsmash (stun) downsmash(stun 2 that should make him go flying away) upb (quick enough to not make him fly away, to score the combo's final hit)

the combo does not include the possible downsmash after the upb

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Welcome to five months ago. Stuff like dsmashx2 -> Plasma Wire is a ZSS main's bread and butter.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Rofl, you're a nub.

First off, the way you're doing only works up to around 70%, and they come down standing up.

Second, you have to move behind them to avoid their DI, but they can still tech it.

Over 70% it's mildly useful if they don't regularly tech, and it can lead to some nice damage, but this is pretty dumb.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
plasma locking is a cool name...

anyways, though, it seems like you could tech or DI out of it relatively quickly.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, you're a nub.

First off, the way you're doing only works up to around 70%, and they come down standing up.

Second, you have to move behind them to avoid their DI, but they can still tech it.

Over 70% it's mildly useful if they don't regularly tech, and it can lead to some nice damage, but this is pretty dumb.
just because he didn't know you could escape it doesn't make him a nub.

and you guys wonder how flames get started on this site?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I've tested this out a bit. You can DI and tech out of it, so it's not an infinite. Pretty good combo though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've tested this out a bit. You can DI and tech out of it, so it's not an infinite. Pretty good combo though.
As I've said, to avoid DI you have to move behind them and use the upB right as the dsmash stun pops off. They have a short while within which they can't DI / jump / dodge, and if spaced properly you'll catch them.

That said, this is techable and only works past 70%. The version you do pre-70% works like in the video but they come downs standing up and tend to shield / punish your dsmash.

vorpal

Smash Rookie
Bowser infinite is a grab infinite. Not sure if it's been debunked yet but I'm pretty sure you can smash DI out of it.

storm92

Smash Ace
Not only is this not infinite, but it's been known for quite a while on the ZSS boards.

Top Bottom