• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC dthrow to f-air infinite

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
How to perform:

First just do the 2 normal popo dthrow to nana f-air (optional), and on the third one have popo move forward and do his neutral A combo once. Then just grab again with nana. The timing is somewhat hard, but it deals about 25-30 % each

If you cannot do this you either: had popo do a forward tilt instead of neutral A,or pressed A to fast and did his neutral A combo.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
It works a lot easier to just do an ice block: it works better (the opponent can't roll away or attack, the ice block makes him/her stand up), and you literally can not mess up unless the opponent techs the f-air, which in your case as well, ruins the pseudo-infinite.

I am not saying yours is hard, it's just that in my opinion, there's no need to go forward and do a jab (with the option of messing up) when you can just press b and never mess up.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
It seems that if the opponent continues to stay on the ground for longer than 2 seconds after an ice block, he/she can roll away (unless I am doing something wrong). But if you use neutral A its a free grab (with the option of messing up)

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
It works a lot easier to just do an ice block: it works better (the opponent can't roll away or attack, the ice block makes him/her stand up), and you literally can not mess up unless the opponent techs the f-air, which in your case as well, ruins the pseudo-infinite.

I am not saying yours is hard, it's just that in my opinion, there's no need to go forward and do a jab (with the option of messing up) when you can just press b and never mess up.

So is this popo Dthrow to nana fair to popo iceblock to popo grab?
and is that infiinte?

if so it sounds a lot easier to pull of then the other chaingrabs...

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
So is this popo Dthrow to nana fair to popo iceblock to popo grab?
and is that infiinte?

if so it sounds a lot easier to pull of then the other chaingrabs...
Like I said before, it is not a true infinite because the opponent can tech roll if he/she waits for usually 1.5 seconds. But if you do popos neutral A and grab with Nana right after it instead of an ice block, it will be an infinite.

Miller

Smash Lord
You do relize that teching occurs the instant you hit the ground, this is only an infinite if your opponent is dump enough not to tech

Niko_K

Smash Master
There is a way to F-air with nana while popo dashes forward to catch them out of the F-air before they hit the ground. I've done it to 100 percent a couple times though the timing is kind of hard.

I can make a vid if needed.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
There is a way to F-air with nana while popo dashes forward to catch them out of the F-air before they hit the ground. I've done it to 100 percent a couple times though the timing is kind of hard.

I can make a vid if needed.
Please do.

Top Bottom